[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they just fly the eagles to Mordor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1414606841142.png (325KB, 560x559px) Image search: [Google]
1414606841142.png
325KB, 560x559px
Why didn't they just fly the eagles to Mordor?
>>
>>84592511
Because they couldn't ride the eagles until they'd taken out the generators to prevent anti-air fire.
>>
Because the point is the journey.
>>
Gondor had very strict tariffs placed on the transportation of foreign air cargo following the implementation of Denethor's disastrous tax policy
>>
this is a legitimately good question
>>
Why didn't Galadriel just riverdance to mordor with the ring?
>>
File: 1480896509715.png (2MB, 1388x770px) Image search: [Google]
1480896509715.png
2MB, 1388x770px
>>
Why didn't Sauron just collapse the entrance to Mt Doom? Or at the very least leave behind some orcs to guard it?
>>
why didn't gandalf use his powers to teleport the ring to mordor?
>>
File: eagles.jpg (185KB, 759x594px) Image search: [Google]
eagles.jpg
185KB, 759x594px
>>84592511
>>
>>84593098

Gandalf never uses any powers of teleportation because he doesn't have them. I don't think any magical being in any of the Tolkien stories had that ability.
>>
Because of the eagle tax
>>
why didnt they just throw the ring into the ocean?
>>
File: george-rr-martin.jpg (400KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin.jpg
400KB, 2048x1536px
What was Aragorn's tax policy?

Did he have a standing army?
>>
>>84593332
what about that scene where Saruman had him floating a foot off the ground and rotating? if Saruman could do that to him you'd think Gandalf could do it to himself.
>>
Why was sauron killed when a ring he made was destroyed?
>>
File: thefeud.jpg (7KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
thefeud.jpg
7KB, 304x166px
>>84593456
>>
the fellbeasts would fuck them up
>>
>>84593771
That part always makes me laugh.
>>
>>84594158
The eagles literally fucked the fellbeasts up at the end of the third movie iirc
>>
>>84592971

Sauron was expecting them to use his ring against him, not for two gay hobbits to walk in his domain to destroy the ring.

>>84593365

Sauron would stay alive, breeding orcs and shit.
>>
>>84593899
He concentrated all his assets into one portfolio instead of diversifying.
>>
>>84594608
No, they were summoned to Barad-Dur when Frodo put the ring on his finger.
>>
>>84595027
That one ringwraith that gets knocked off his mount when the Eagles attack always makes me laugh
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.