[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have watched Halloween 1 and 2. I especially like 2, is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: halloween-logo.jpg (64KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
halloween-logo.jpg
64KB, 1366x768px
I have watched Halloween 1 and 2. I especially like 2, is the rest of the series worth watching? Or is it the same like Hellraiser?
>>
File: 1498604628122.jpg (106KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498604628122.jpg
106KB, 1080x1080px
>>84582978
>halloween 1, 2 and H20

Original timeline you should watch and forget the rest
>>
The third one is a different kind of film I believe
Just watch carpenter's filmography instead
>>
>>84583036
Yup. This. Although the third one has its merits if you don't treat it like a Michael Myers flick. It's like a Halloween version of They Live (but not as good).
>>
>>84582978
3 is a standalone, pretty good, totally unrelated to anything else in the entire series which divided fans.

4, 5 and 6 are a compete storyarc where 4 and 5 are my favourites as it's classic Dr. Loomis hunting Meyers, and he's following around Jamie and her babysitter, a lot like the end of 1 and 2 but they expand the storyline and it has much better pacing and atmosphere. The Producer's cut of 6 is good too and finishes it off in a pretty satisfying way, make sure you don't watch the theatrical cut though which was fucked by executives. /tv/ doesn't like them though because muh sequels are bad.

H20 is pretty good too. Resurrection is really awful.
>>
>>84583273
No way does 4&5 have better pacing and atmosphere than 1&2. That's complete horseshit.
>>
Halloween - classic
Halloween II - great
Halloween III - unrelated, yet fun
Halloween IV - good if you're a slasher fan
Halloween V - dogshit
Halloween VI - dogshit (the producer's cut being good is a meme, both versions suck)
H20 - worthy successor to the first two movies
Resurrection - back to being shitty
Rob Zombie 1 and 2 - a disgrace to an already tarnished franchise
>>
>>84582978
>Liked 2 better than 1.

Get ass cancer faggot.
>>
Thoughts on the friday the 13th movies?
>>
>>84584528
why
>>
>likes 2 more than the first
lel pleb shit
>>
>>84583787
Didn't Halloween H20 make Halloween 4, 5 & 6 not canon anymore? I guess it really doesn't matter, but I recall reading that somewhere.
>>
>>84584653
Most of /tv/ don't watch movies to decide what to like, they post what they think will make them seem the most cultured or 'patrician'.

Halloween is a completely a product of its time, it was out in the 70s and you can tell from the pacing, the amount of time dedicated to Laurie hanging out with her friends is ridiculous, it's nearly half the movie.
>>
>>84584728
They didn't acknowledge them but they didn't outright discount them either, Jamie from 4/5/6 is Lauries daughter who someone else adopted, and she believes Laurie is dead. H20 has Laurie pretending to be dead and although it doesn't seem too likely, there's nothing that I recall from the movies that proves she didn't have another kid before Josh Hartnett.
>>
>>84584728
There isn't an official canon. H3 has a clip of the first movie playing on a TV, so it's in its own timeline. H20 ignores part 3, 4, 5, and 6. Resurrection is a continuation of H20, even though it isn't referenced after the opening sequence. Rob Zombie's movies are (thankfully) their own separate thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.