[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the only good cosmic horror movie ever made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Is this the only good cosmic horror movie ever made?
>>
>>84570581
Quite possibly. It's also an imaginative inversion of a radio drama.
>>
>>84570581
Not as long as The Thing exists, but its breddy gud.
>>
>>84570581
>cosmic horror

How do you figure?
>>
I thought it was really dumb desu. Especially the narrative device used to explain the problem and the one used by the characters to deal with it just didn't make sense to me and totally took me out of the film
>>
File: The-Void-movie-2017.png (51KB, 600x228px) Image search: [Google]
The-Void-movie-2017.png
51KB, 600x228px
Did I hear... cosmic horror?
>>
File: What.png (359KB, 741x639px) Image search: [Google]
What.png
359KB, 741x639px
>>84573042
No, OP said good cosmic horror
>>
>>84573115
Sorry for posting GREAT cosmic horror. I'll delete my post.
>>
Pickmans muse
Prince of darkness
The Thing
At the mouth of madness
>>
>>84570581
Can we get a definition of cosmic horror because I really don't see how Pontypool qualifies.
>>
>>84573409
A madness that infects the mind out of nowhere... I see where he's coming from, the only link missing is if someone called the radio station acting like a nut and talking about a cult raising some old god as the source of the infovirus.
>>
>>84570581
Dead Air was another pretty good version of this story.
>>
In the Mouth of Madness you fucking plebs
>>
From Beyond is that cosmic
>>
>>84573478
So technically something like The Happening would qualify as well? Shame it sucked so much.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>84574120
>Shame it sucked so much.
>Implying it wasn't the funniest movie of '08
The trailer was really great and I was so disappointed at the movie, but if you watch it as a comedy/satire of "happening" type movies its pretty great.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.