[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RLM - Blade Runner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: redletterbladerunner.png (494KB, 867x532px) Image search: [Google]
redletterbladerunner.png
494KB, 867x532px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adjfTktpIzg

>not mentioning the sound design and soundtrack at all
>overly obsess over Decked being a replicant and take Harrison Ford's opinion over Ridley's
>that Ridley Scott quote had me in stitches
>Decker doing the reporter voce was always toppest of keks
What are your guys' thoughts? I personally don't mind Decked eing a replicant, it's not that stupid, the whole earth may be replicants at that point, i think that in the documentary they mention that Tyrell was a replicant too, and that's why Rudger was so disappointed after killing him, it's just Ridley being Ridley and over-complicating stuff because it the former was too simple for him, Anyway thoughts?
>>
honestly who gives a fucking shit. the movie wasn't even that good.
>>
File: BJyildLCAAEfVen.jpg (30KB, 599x460px) Image search: [Google]
BJyildLCAAEfVen.jpg
30KB, 599x460px
Rich doesn't like Blade Runner because he's a self confessed crack baby that was abandoned by his birth mother. What's Jay's excuse?
>>
>>84568098
/thread
>>
>>84568098
>>84568126
nope, i dismiss this
>>
>>84568108
>What's Jay's excuse?

What's the opposite of a guilty pleasure?
>>
Get some real friends
>>
>>84568286
A movie that you know is good but dislike.
>>
>>84568286
a different opinion
>>
>>84568351
>>84568367
no term for it?
>>
>>84568286
sadistic nihilism
>>
>>84568452
innocent misery
>>
>>84568438
not a commonly used one.
>>
>>84568098
You can spot the kiddies on /tv/ a mile away.
>>
>>84568286
4chan
>>
I can see why RLM hates on Blade Runner.

They make absolute garbage like Space Cop. So anything that's even slightly better would cut them to the bone with jealousy.
>>
>>84571313
>you have to be a chef before properly objecting to eating dog shit

ok
>>
Blade Runner suffers from what is commonly known as the "Seinfeld Is Unfunny" trope.

>There are certain shows that you can safely assume most people have seen. These shows were considered fantastic when they first aired. Now, however, these shows have a Hype Backlash curse on them. Whenever we watch them, we'll cry, "That is so old" or "That is so overdone".
>The sad irony? It wasn't old or overdone when they did it, because they were the first ones to do it. But the things it created were so brilliant and popular, they became woven into the fabric of that show's genre. They ended up being taken for granted, copied and endlessly repeated. Although they often began by saying something new, they in turn became the status quo.

Blade Runner essentially invented the modern Cyberpunk genre. No, it wasn't the first film to feature a gritty, dystopian future. But the sum of its parts presented something entirely new that hadn't been seen before at the time. Other great examples of this are Half-Life, and the iPod. No individual thing about them alone was new or groundbreaking, but all together it presented something refreshing and interesting.

I agree with Jay that Bladerunner is boring. But I appreciate the genre it birthed, the universe it created, and the visual aesthetic of the film. It's just that it's been done better now, 35 years later.
>>
>>84568098
This
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.