[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mulholland Dr.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

Opinions?
>>
File: IMG_2932.png (72KB, 543x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2932.png
72KB, 543x400px
>>84565999
>2011
>>
Lost Highway is better.
>>
>>84566007
What are you even implying? Is it not possible to discuss this movie?
>>
>>84566019
Maybe, but I got a fap or two out of Mulholland dr.
>>
>>84566368
Fuck off disgusting newfag
>>
>>84565999

Naomi Watts - Terrible actress! Cant find her way out of a paperbag. SAD!
>>
>>84566007
2001 actually
>>
>>84565999
One of the few true 21st century classics that I'm aware of. This movie will survive, maybe the best out of all Lynch's work. Like all great movies, it does something to the viewer that never goes away.
>>
File: Kurt-p.1141.png (529KB, 677x437px) Image search: [Google]
Kurt-p.1141.png
529KB, 677x437px
Hollywood is hell
>>
>>84566477
cringe
>>
>>84566504
it fits with the dreamy atmosphere though, even if it's unintentional
>>
>>84566771
Betty was intentionally cheesy though, correct? I know,
>intentionally bad
but it does fit and make sense. Especially at the airport with the dubbed over dialogue and dreamlike music.

And as Diane she was great I thought.
>>
File: 1498725079501.jpg (65KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1498725079501.jpg
65KB, 800x534px
>>84566007
>>
>>84566721
Agreed.
>>
>>84566007
he can't keep getting away with it
>>
File: Naomi Watts Mulholland Drive.webm (3MB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
Naomi Watts Mulholland Drive.webm
3MB, 1280x692px
>>
>>84566886
fuckin' hawt
>>
what are your guys thoughts on the Diner scene at the beginningish? and the reappearance of the creature behind the diner
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-11-14-16h48m28s246.png (891KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-11-14-16h48m28s246.png
891KB, 1280x720px
naomi watts in tank girl
>>
>>84566953
Diner scene is filmed excellently.

I'm of the opinion that the creature is kind of unexplainable. A representation of the horrible reality that Diane doesn't want to confront? Same as the way that guy never wants to see the face again, Diane doesn't want to see reality? He does have the blue box and opens it if I remember correctly.

But idk
>>
Lesbiankino
Overrated, like all of Lynch's work.
>>
>>84565999
Lesbians, murder, mystery....great atmosphere, music.
Yeah. It's one of the greatest films I ever saw.
>>
>>84566744
Kurt Cobain was such a fucking beta. He would've been absolutely unbearable to listen to in this day and age with the politically correct nonsense.

Thank god he's dead.
>>
Only second to Lost Highway for personal preferences, but one of Lynch's best. Once you're familiar with the colour blue in Lynch's films and the whole reality/dream deal, it's highly enjoyable. You can't enjoy it completely the first time around because you'll need hindsight.

Mulholland Drive has two of the best scenes I've ever seen: the audition, where Watts, an actress, plays an actress playing a character, shows what she can do, whereas until then her character seemed pretty dumb and not all that talented (this part is her imagination of herself as a great actress), and the theater scene with that song I love, Llorando.

It's just fucking amazing.

Amazing film. Maybe Lynch's last real movie.

And yes, I think Lost Highway is a masterpiece.
>>
>>84566953

The filthy hobo is what Diane is going to become. Just another failed burnout in LA. She shoots herself
>To avoid becoming yet another worthless failed actress scrounging in the back alleys of hollywood
>To avoid the shame of going back to her dead end middle of nowhere hometown (as she is literally haunted by the spectres)
>And obviously the guilt of ordering the hit

The filthy hobo isn't that complex.
>>
>>84566953

At one point I thought she was in hell (there's a shot of a lamp post with the words "Hollywood is Hell" on it) and that creature was its Satan/Demiurge or something.
>>
>>84568981

Cobain was most likely a Borderliner and it shows in his lyrics and attitudes. As such, he was very immature in some ways, like a good kid. Moreover, in his days, what he said wasn't mainstream like it is today. I doubt he'd say anything like that today.
>>
>advertised as a dark psycho-sexual thriller
>2/3's of it is a comedy
Needless to say I was let down, even though it is a good film.
I can't see why people think Watts looks better than Harring.
>>
>>84569988
Two thirds being comedy is surely a bit of an exaggeration. Definitely more of a thriller.

You're right about Harring, fucking sensational. Is she in anything else that's any good?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.