[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

What went wrong?
>>
File: IMG_2932.png (72KB, 543x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2932.png
72KB, 543x400px
>2011
>>
The film makers weren't actually interested in making a good movie, just making money. The same problem most blockbusters have these days.
>>
>>84561815
Power Rangers series and movies were literally made to promote toys, of course they're interested in making money.
>>
>>84561895
Great job trying to be cynically intelligent but you fucking failed. They were made because a lazy Jewish man wanted to make a new TV show without actually filming it.
>>
>>84561895
>of course they're interested in making money

Everyone is, anon, but some of them are not interested solely in making money.
>>
Felt like every post-Transformers toy cash-in. Like GI Joe, it missed the point of the original.
>>
>>84561746
FPBP
>>
Not enough Power Rangers suit screen time
>>
>>84561706
Still no BDRip around, so i can't tell you that.
>>
No fucking martial arts.
>>
>>84562031
I have a BR rip. Wasn't worth the download time.
>>
File: PROIECTIO.jpg (66KB, 618x822px) Image search: [Google]
PROIECTIO.jpg
66KB, 618x822px
IT IS MEDIOCRE.

SOME FLAWS/INCONSISTENCIES THAT I NOTICED:

— IT BOLSTERS THE PSEUDOACADEMIC CONSENSUS OF PREHISTORIC CHRONOLOGY EXTENDING FOR HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF YEARS —ARE WE REALLY SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT BETWEEN THE DEATH OF THE ORIGINAL POWER RANGERS, AND THE PRESENT, SIXTYFIVE MILLION (!) YEARS HAVE PASSED? RIDICULOUS; THE WORSE THING IS THAT THAT IS BASED ON THE ACTUAL PREVALENT THEORY OF GEOLOGICAL/PALEONTOLOGICAL/PREHISTORICAL CHRONOLOGY.

— "ZORDON" SAID THAT THE ZORDS TAKE ON THE FORM OF THE PLANET'S "STRONGEST LIFEFORM" —THAT IS JUST UNIMAGINATIVE WRITING; WHAT IF THE STRONGEST LIFEFORM OF A PLANET IS A KIND OF MICROBE; WILL THE ZORDS BECOME MICROSCOPIC? TO LEAVE THE ZORDS' FORM TO SUCH ARBITRARY CRITERION IS BOTH, INEFFICIENT, AND IDIOTIC.

— OVERSEXUALIZED SUITS —IT IS FUNCTIONALLY SUPERFLUOUS, AND AESTHETICALLY REPULSIVE.

— "TRINI'S" PARENTS, AND SIBLINGS, DID NOT WAKE UP WHEN SHE WAS BEING TRASHED AROUND HER BEDROOM BY "RITA".

— THE MEGAZORD WAS FORMED CONVENIENTLY BEYOND VIEW, TO AVOID HAVING TO THINK REGARDING THE ACTUAL COUPLING MECHANICS, AND THE NECESSARY ANIMATION.
>>
>>84562031
are you even trying?
>>
>>84561930
Saban is responsible for the anime boom in the 90's, this is the guy that first brought over DBZ, he wrote Rock The Dragon, the guy fucking loves japanese shit.

To him, Sentai was no different than anime, except that you needed to get some actors for the non action parts, it was non union and cheap, just like anime.
>>
>>84561706
not enough cameos
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>84561706
>use the MMPR Movie theme for 10 seconds
>cock up the zords
>cock up the suits
>cock up the characters personalities from good people willing to do shit for others into edgelord, captain autism, cowfucker, and the two blank slates that were Zack and Trini
>no Bulk and Skull
>no transformation sequence
>no morphing sequence
>0 fucking hype throughout the whole movie
>AHHHHH AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE IT'S TIME TO GET SOME KRISPY KREME and ALPHA, RITA'S ESCAPED, RECRUIT A TEAM OF TEENAGERS TO GET ME KRISPY KREME
Fuck this movie
>>
>>84561706
Not a lot. Rita was fucking hot
>>
File: its-true.png (236KB, 600x280px) Image search: [Google]
its-true.png
236KB, 600x280px
>>84563568
>>
>>84561706
Power Rangers targeted towards adults was the problem
>>
>>84562031
yify bro :^)
>>
>>84561706
>film adaptation
>of a meme'd series
>post 2k12
>>
Not enough Power Rangers. Too much teen drama. Not enough lore. The scene where they all introduced themselves to each other definitely felt like Power Rangers, though. Zack was a bad actor.
>>
>>84562329
can you tell me more about this image? Please?
>>
>>84562344
>anime boom in the 90's

Oh yes, I'm sure Saban was responsible for Saint Seiya becoming insanely popular in S.America or Sailor Moon in Europe.

USA is just 12% of overseas anime market.
>>
>>84561706

Terrible unlikeable characters. The entire first half is about stupid angry teens doing stupid shit.
>>
>>84562329
Medieval Power Rangers?
>>
File: 1498168569149.webm (3MB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
1498168569149.webm
3MB, 1280x528px
>>84565023
>pink ranger was a bully to her friends
>yellow ranger was annoyed her parents cared about her
The girls were the worst.
>>
It was a good movie. The characters were likeable enough and compelling. They really managed to make it about more than just one or two characters. It's a good Breakfast Club-style movie if it were just a normal movie and not a Power Ranger movie.

Problem is, it's a Power Rangers movie that fails to deliver any of the things people love about Power Rangers. There's barely any martial arts, barely any morphing, barely any monsters, barely any putties, barely any zords. There's just a lot of serious teen drama, which the series was never about. It's not cheesy, not campy. Worst of all, no Bulk and Skull.

Honestly, a good Power Rangers movie would be a some cheesy Saved by the Bell-style teen comedy stuff mixed with light-hearted martial arts with crazy monsters. Don't try to be self-aware or too cool for it, just embrace the camp and have fun. They could fight a purse monster and it'd be great because guess what that's Power Rangers and they fought the Pink Ranger's purse one time.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.