[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the deal with these stupid fucking movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: now-you-see-me-2.jpg (189KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
now-you-see-me-2.jpg
189KB, 600x600px
what's the deal with these stupid fucking movies
>>
money laundering operation
>>
>>84561066
this hipster trash is apealing to normies.
I wanted all the cast dead,even morgan freeman.
they are just so punchable
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXh6Ev3oTqU

are you shitting me
>>
>>84561066
the fact that they couldn't get james franco and settled for his stand-in should tell you all you need to know about it
>>
>>84561664
holy fuck so much cringe.

how did they not see the card flying at the end anyway?
>>
>>84561066
One fucking job
>Now You Don't
>>
>>84561066
>50% of leading actors are jews
>niggers blame """white""" people
>>
>>84561743
they probably decided people would be too stupid to realize it was a sequel to the first movie without a 2
>>
>>84561066
Hmm
>>
File: Sad Batman.jpg (26KB, 290x134px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Batman.jpg
26KB, 290x134px
>read about first movie
>think it'll be a heist movie where they've consulted magicians and illusionists to tailor the heist/con-job to it
>instead it's just a cgi magic mess

It's actually the most disappointed I've ever been in a movie. The idea of making a heist/con movie based around the magician subculture or whatever you'd call it is actually a great idea.

Hell, have it be about stage-magicians getting pissed at some high-profile medium who pretends to have actual magic powers to talk to deceased people, getting rich off of people's grief. They decide to steal all his money and discredit him at once, planning out a meticulous trick to pull it off. Plenty of magicians can't fucking stand those people so it'd be an entirely natural plot.
>>
>>84561848
That and they probably realized the obvious "you're right, I won't" followup.
>>
>>84561906
>you're right, I won't
there would have been a race for the first website to put this as their review title
>>
>>84561923
it would've been a competition to see who could've come up with the best followup.
>>
>>84561726
>>84561664

would you believe anons were praising that scene on /tv/
>>
>>84561726
did you watch the movie at all?
>>
>>84563450
It starts out alright but it fucking drags on and on and on. Could have been the highlight of this shitty film but they decided to bring it down to their level instead.
>>
>>84561902
>think it'll be a heist movie where they've consulted magicians and illusionists to tailor the heist/con-job to it
I fell for the exact same meme as well, boy was I wrong
>>
>>84561902
My problem is that the film use of cgi magic breaks your suspension of disbelief, especially when they tell you it's all tricks. Then at the end of film they reveal that magic is actually real which serves no purpose.

Like you said a oceans 11 style heist film about magicians teaming up to take someone down is an awesome concept.
>>
Why didn't call the film 'Now You Don't'?!?! >:(
>>
File: ci9Dldw[1].jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ci9Dldw[1].jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>84563634
Don't forget the """"""""""""""""plot twist""""""""""""" in the end
>haha I'm not actually a failure cop but a Houdini's son/Wizard
>>
>>84563727
Oh yeah let's break the number one rule in a mystery and make the cop turn out to be the suspect.
>>
Was half expecting that lionel shrike (the father that died at the start) would show up in the end

>I wasn't dead but actually watching this whole time :^)

wasn't even that far off
>>
File: 1452016102269.jpg (567KB, 851x2819px) Image search: [Google]
1452016102269.jpg
567KB, 851x2819px
>>84561066
>stupid fucking movies

Answered your own question.
>>
>>84563679

That's what bugs me the most.
>>
>>84561902
This x1000

Movie is a lazy piece of shit.
>>
These movies would be fine if it chooses to push the idea magic is real, or their elaborate tricks are explained further on; but theyre not.
Its like telling me to gargle some shit whilst telling me its not shit, but then curling out a fresh one and telling me to eat that one too
>>
>>84564179
Would of been a better twist honestly.
>>
>>84561066
>one female only

Three guys on a female is more homosexual than two dudes spitroasting a dude in a prison shower all covered in soap.

Also male penises are auto gay by legal default.
>>
>>84564197
>on /a/
>doesn't have a 4chan pass
ya blew it
>>
This is unironically one of the worst movies I've ever seen
>>
>>84561664
>get searched
>throw the card to another person thats about to get searched
???
>>
>>84565243
>Get searched
>Throw it to another person about to get searched
>Not just throwing it back to the first guy

Retarded
>>
I was seriously hoping the first movie would end with them getting their asses kicked

Probably one of the most unlikable casts I've ever seen, and yet it kept pushing them as these daring modern-day robin hood types, which just kept pissing me off even more
>>
The first coup about the stolen money from France was actually nice. But the movie derailed from that point on... It really annoyed me that they found out the answer to the bank security questions by asking random questions. What if the security question wasnt about the name of the first dog?
>>
>>84563450
i wouldn't because i only saw shit talking and cringe threads about it
>>
>>84561066
go look at that director's other movies, they are all fucking terrible
>>
>>84565343
I dunno I always figured they tried to recover his account first and got hit by the secret question, so they worked the question into a conversation to get him to reveal the answer.
>>
>>84565638
Hm okay, but it still felt like a load of bullshit luck to me. I wonder if hypnosis like shown in the movie can actually work irl tho
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.