[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled....was this a good movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1476562118271.jpg (257KB, 1583x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476562118271.jpg
257KB, 1583x650px
Now that the dust has settled....was this a good movie?
>>
>>84559308
Not

at

all

paul fagg completely misunderstood the source material and tried making an SNL skit
>>
i imagine him being lester from season 1 fargo irl

he probably almost smashed leslie jones in the head with a hammer while filming this too
>>
File: shitty-robocop-remake.jpg (61KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
shitty-robocop-remake.jpg
61KB, 640x468px
Another shitty remake by a stupid male director who didn't understand a single thing about what made the original tick.
>>
>>84559308
no

it lacked all the charm and intelligence that made the original and even the second good.

it was also just stupid.
>>
>"Hey guys, I got a new idea, totally original. We remake Planes Trains and Automobiles buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut..... the characters are both women!"
>"Don't worry, we'll have a very distracting cameo by Steve Martin being really unfunny and unnecessary to the plot.... that way fans know we have his contractually obligated blessing!"
>"And a picture hanging on the wall in one scene of John Candy's grave.... as a loving tribute!"
>"We'll have Kristen Wig and Megan McCarthy star in it! They are our go to skinny and fat non threatening woman team!"
>"We'll have them do the exact same thing, even beat for beat in some scenes, but some scenes will be just references to jokes from the original instead of actual jokes buuuuuuuuuuuuut... we'll all act like they're jokes instead of just references! Remember that scene where John Candy snored? Guess who snores this time? No not the fat one, we're going to be original, the skinny one snores this time! Even though the John Candy role is played by Megan McCarthy! We thought we'd flip it for the fans this time around even though the driving force of the film should be McCarthy's character annoying Wig's character and this makes the tone and writing in the film inconsistent, we're being original! Fans love being surprised by things like that! It's not misleading and confusing, it's a surprise!"
>"Holy fuck are we geniuses! I was looking at this movie and I know people treat this like a timeless classic, but it takes pretty much no effort to improve on movies like this! Audiences get confused if people aren't using iPhones! I know I was! Why is Steve Martin using a pay phone when he should be using his iPhone? Such shitty writing! I fixed it! Now he's always using his iPhone! And guess what that means? Product placement! Isn't that great? How we can seamlessly write an iPhone commercial into this movie without anyone noticing?
>>
>>84560203
>We remake Planes Trains and Automobiles
oh god i fear this isn't a post to illustrate a point, but an actual prophesy

be ready for it, the back to the future remake is coming...
>>
File: 370175-due-date.jpg (378KB, 933x1400px) Image search: [Google]
370175-due-date.jpg
378KB, 933x1400px
>>84560275
They remade Planes Trains and Automobiles 7 years ago.
>>
>>84560275

>"Holy shit! Why aren't we making a new Back to the Future? We won't even have to have cameos in it because Christopher Llyod and Michael J Fox are both dead! Right? Didn't they die?"
>"Okay, I know what you're saying, we need an original take, so here's the concept! They're both women! I know I just pitched this, but that's how you know it's still original because it's such an innovative idea! We could shoot the same movie but with less practical effects and creative shots by just putting in more clumsy CGI special effects! Remember Einstien the dog? Now he's a completely CGI character played by Benedict Cumberbatch, did you see him do Smaug? I couldn't get enough, totally changed his voice and some might say it was stupid to even have a big name actor if he isn't even going to sound or look like him, but hey, that couldn't have been done any other way, right?!"
>"And I know what you're thinking, how do you have a tribute to the original WHILE BEING ORIGINAL? They go back in time to- wait for it- the 80's! Cuz the original trilogy was made in the 80's! 80's references everywhere! 80'S And we could have cameos from famous 80's people- get this- get this-, Madonna cameos as -wait for- a homeless lady! Yeah! Cuz she's so old now! And she looks into the camera for no reason, there is no reason to do this other than get this quote, she says 'I'm a material girl'. Get it? Like her song? But she's playing a homeless person? Isn't that hilarious!? YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THAT HOT TUB TIME MACHINE HORSE SHIT THIS IS AN ORIGINAL FILM, KRISTEN WIG AND MEGAN MCCARTHY ARE IN IT, YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF GODDAMNIT THIS IS SOME FUCKING GREAT COKE!"
>>
>>84561234
>MEGAN MCCARTHY
>>
It's shit and even Aykroyed dissed him
>>
>>84559308
no
>>
>>84559308
It's exceedingly lowbrow and crass without finding a way to be funny. I was actually sort of amazed at how bad it was.
>>
>>84560275
>>84561234

I'm so glad Zemeckis and Gale apparently have an army of lawyers ready to stop anyone from remaking BTTF even after their deaths and straight up think a remake is a horrible idea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/back-to-the-future/remake-sequel-robert-zemeckis/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.