[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Critics are LOVING the Spiderman Reboot!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

Look at this Hepcats! This is going to be a huge success!

>Spider-Man: Homecoming Delivers the Goods
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449163/spider-man-homecoming-revives-superhero-genre

>Homecoming sends Spider-Man back to school and revives his appeal
http://www.avclub.com/review/homecoming-sends-spider-man-back-school-and-revive-257600

>Review: The New Spider-Man’s Coolest Superpower? He's Just a Kid
http://time.com/4840664/spiderman-homecoming-review/

>It's not only the best Spider-Man movie -- it's one of the best films in Marvel's cinematic universe.
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/29/spider-man-homecoming-review-tom-holland-soars-as-spectacular-new-spider-man

>News Flash: Tom Holland is the best movie Spider-Man ever
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/peter-travers-spider-man-homecoming-really-is-amazing-w489822

>The magic of Homecoming is that it belongs more to the John Hughes cinematic universe than the Avengers'.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/06/29/review-spider-man-homecoming-marvel-movie/103263046/

>Marvel has finally started to figure out what the future of superhero movies might look like.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/spider-man-homecoming-review-1017796
>>
jesus christ...

when did this place turned into shill central?
>>
>>84556791

Who the FUCK are you? You better get on board MotherFucker.
>>
>>84556791
Reported for not shilling.
>>
I will now post a comment, insulting your opinion, only to unententionally bump your post.
>>
File: 1498124560313.png (207KB, 499x458px) Image search: [Google]
1498124560313.png
207KB, 499x458px
>>84556712
>Homecoming sends Spider-Man back to school and revives his appeal
>The New Spider-Man’s Coolest Superpower? He's Just a Kid
>Tom Holland is the best movie Spider-Man ever
>Marvel has finally started to figure out what the future of superhero movies might look like
>everyone just ignoring the blatant bastardization of the main characters including Spider-Man himself
Cinematic Universes were a mistake
>>
>>84557907
newfag
>>
>>84556712

Wait it's already at 92 while not even having a 100 reviews.

So my guess is right , it's going to be lower than Wonder woman probably in the high 80s or at best 90.

So this year's highest rated capekino is going to be from fucking Fox let but get those "give the rights back to marvel" crowd eternally butthurt.
>>
NOOOO THIS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84558043
what specific bastardizations are you referring to?
>>
IMDB = 8.0

MetaCritic = 72

Not bad. Not great
>>
so wait does /tv/ think that Spiderman is going to bomb or boom? cause /tv/ is always wrong and I need to start keeping track of it now
>>
>>84558575

Tv thinks spidey is going to boom.
>>
>>84558575
Tv thinks spidey is going to bomb
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER that /tv/ is part of advertising campaign of movie production companies.
>>
>>84558575
No, but it has to do incredibly well.
They are stacking the hand way too hard for it not to be an insane critical and monetary success and >>84558442 is right.
Its not looking good.
>>
>inb4 autists
>>
>>84556712
People still watch movies? Lol
>>
>>84558575
I think it might end up being the highest grossing superhero film of the year. This should've gone to JL, of course, but you know Snyder. Wouldn't be surprised if that one ended below WW domestically.
>>
Do people actually still watch spiderman? In a genre of generic and cliche characters spiderman felt the most generic of them all.
>>
>>84558674

Fuck off Ralph. What do you know about advertising or movie production? Go Fucking go jerk off to Star Trek!

I hated the Garfield Spiderman, and love the fact that it feels like we are getting our first true Spiderman ever. He looks better than Tobey!
>>
File: okay guy.jpg (19KB, 300x365px) Image search: [Google]
okay guy.jpg
19KB, 300x365px
>>84558887
I saw this thread and immediately thought "Viral Advertising"
>>
>>84558575
I want to say bomb, but there are a lot of normalfag retards. Civil War should have bombed
>>
>>84558575
It's going to have a big opening weekend but no legs. 275 million domestic, 700 worldwide in total.
>>
Where are the Dcucks now? lol
>>
>>84556712
this shit would be struggling to get over 40% if it didn't had the MCU backing it and you know it
>>
>>84559195
Absolutely, heck going by its 92% RT score a week prior to its release i'm going to go and say a few '''''critics''''' got confused if they were supposed to shill for Disney or shit on Sony.
>>
>>84559257

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTwdGRHl5Mw
>>
>>84556791

Since Wonder Woman
>>
>>84558838

Even if it's not well received, JL will have a strong first weekend. It'll out gross Wonder Woman, it just might be more of an international than a domestic movie
>>
>>84560607
Yeah, that's why I said it might end up below WW domestically. Internationally, it's obvious that's gonna beat it, probably based on the OW alone.
>>
>>84556791
Where have you been? Marvel has shilled on this board since Avengers 2 at the very least.
>>
>>84559439
Why would you post such a terrible song? Nobody deserves to listen to it. Not even my enemies.
>>
File: 3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
>>84558674
Don't blow our cover, man. The Mouse was PISSED that Wonder Woman turned out alright and that we didn't muddy the waters enough. Another blunder and we'll lose our 1/3 Snicker bar privileges.
>>
>>84556712
The critics love what they're paid to love
>>
Haha do you guys remember when we /tv/ - Television & Film legit user got so excited about the trailer the third installment of the Thor franchise, after two movies that we ALL agree they were unfairly underrated by DCuck critics and audiences who didn't like RAUNCHY #litty space-norse action comedies, that we made thread after thread until like a third of the catalog were threads about the trailer of Thor 3 and mods had to make us make a general about that to contain us??? Haha fucking DCcucks called us shills back then just because we enjoy the great, piss-your-pants fun movies Disney Entertainment delivers 5 or 6 times a year!
>>
File: IMG_20170630_151856.jpg (45KB, 634x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170630_151856.jpg
45KB, 634x637px
>>84558887
Reminder that Garfield's Spider-Man is best one for role model right now because he didn't sit his ass waiting for the superpowers to do skating, developing some fancy tech skills and try to do good things (like when he defended that nerd before real Flash Thompson).
He wasn't into cucking with his gf and also didn't need very rich friend to accomplish things.
>>
>>84556712
But the fans HATE it! There will be no PISS in the theater tonight!
>>
>>84561987
I remember when MOD made sticky when Justice League trailer came out. That was great.
>>
In the next Spider Man reboot is MJ going to be a tranny?
>>
>>84556712
this shills are more bold every day.
may you burn in hell op,fuck you and fuck all your relatives.
>>
>>84558575

/tv/ is a broken clock so it gets to be right twice. We all know Spider-Man will be a hit. Most here think it looks like shit though.
>>
>>84558505
Read a fucking comic you dumb fuck. Go cuck yourself.
>>
>>84556712
this post really does scream 'Im being paid to post this'
>>
I was on the edge because of casting and overall uninteresting characters. After I found out who they cast to play Flash I completely gave up.
>>
>>84556712
That's cool, still not going to watch it because capeshit is terrible.
>>
>two shockers
>nigger Mary Jane confirmed
>Iron Man is Uncle Ben
2000%dropped.jpg
>>
>>84556791

all disney land and disney world employees are required to shill disney/marvel movies on their "breaks"
>>
>>84564164

None of the race swapping bothers me that much. What bothers me is that this looks so generic that I feel like I've already seen it. It's just another origin movie with a nothing villain and an over abundance of obnoxious humor.
>>
>>84564070
No, its gonna be a black guy played by Terry Crews
>>
>Completely nerfing Spiderman
>AHHHH TONY HELP ME again
fucking hell. I thought Spiderman was suppose to be some over powered being who held back the punches because of his morals? Now he's a weakling who needs a gadget fitted suit who cant hold a boat together?
dropped
>>
>>84564318

It's even worse than that. By having Flash be a manlet they made Spider-Man a wimp. Peter isn't scared of bullies, never was or he could have never been Spider-Man.
>>
File: miss marvel.jpg (64KB, 562x593px) Image search: [Google]
miss marvel.jpg
64KB, 562x593px
>tfw so little faith in Spider-man you add RDJ, Captain America and Ant-Man
>>
>>84558505
Not him.
1.They're praising this Spiderman as if he's the definitive Spidey.
>he's a kid!
>he's in highschool!
This might shock Feige or Pascal or whoever but there's a reason he was called Spider MAN when he first appeared in Amazing Fantasy. Spidey movies these days keep going off of the Ultimate Universe's 'let's keep these series relevent to the kids by making them kids'. At least the last two takes on him had the nerve to make Peter a senior. MCU's Spider-Man looks like a high school freshman.

2. Peter in this movie universe seems to be looking for a father figure in Tony Stark. First off, Why? Because he inspired him to become an inventor too? He's more like an idol and even then that's the face he puts on in front of the cameras. Stark, as we've seen, is a piece of crap who had no integrity until he got blown up. He may not be an alcoholic but he's still found a way to endanger the lives of his friends and civilians through his hubris. He can be Peter's mentor; but he's not a hero.
That was Uncle Ben Parker's role. Like Stark, comic Spidey had no integrity and just cared about himself until his uncle got murdered. He found out the killer was someone he didn't stop and decided to use his uncle as a motivation to start fighting crime. Here, it looks like no one cares about Ben anymore. Aunt May is shluppin with Stark and Peter looks as irresponsible as a kid who hasn't quite grasped the concept of Death. Which leads me to

3. As Spidey went along he'd seen some major SHlT. Every death or crime commited weighed on his shoulders. That's why it's a fun cliche to see him get pushed off the edge. stop joking, and start acting terrifying. Looking at MCU Spidey, he says he cares but the ads say otherwise with him just lounging around the city without a care in the world. He doesn't appear heroic he just... appears.
>>
>>84564155
>Read a fucking comic
Sorry, I don't read trash.
>>
>>84564422

Regarding your first point. The spectacular spiderman series which takes place in highschool is quite acclaimed right?
>>
>>84564809
Yes I'm going to hear you out but let me start off with this:
So is the first Spider-Man movie. It can be done well but saying "this makes Spider-Man the character thay he always was" is a bold faced lie.
>>
>>84564155
>read a fucking comic
>you dumb fuck

lad

>>84564422
Thanks for the in-depth response. It seems especially shit they would scrap Ben and spidey's motivation, that particular bit was one of my favorite parts of Raimi's Spiderman.
>>
>>84564422
Also, what would you recommend to someone who's considering reading the Spiderman comics? I should note that I have literally never read a comic in my life, but I like Spiderman enough that I want to start with him.
>>
File: White Man's Burden.png (49KB, 300x207px) Image search: [Google]
White Man's Burden.png
49KB, 300x207px
>internet millenial corporate shills with no knowledge of film beyond the 80s and no sense of cinematic invention who've been weaned on plot-focused dialogue-centered television and television-movies
>critics
>>
>>84564416

It's to prove to the mass public that the movie is part of the MCU. So people don't just go "Oh, another stupid reboot" and ignore it.
>>
>>84565885
Start with the events leading up to the clone saga, the saga itself, and most of it's spin-offs. Spectacular Spider-Man and Web of Spider-Man are also good if you want a feel for the character. Avoid New Black boi Spidey, avoid Ultimate Spider-man and everything after Death of Spider-Man unless you want to stay in the loop. But that's where I dropped off. Everything before that is optional at this point. All they're good for, now is to see how the stories and characters get referenced in the upcoming franchises.
>>
File: jewcom.jpg (259KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
jewcom.jpg
259KB, 1200x628px
>>84556712
>a reboot of the same Spadex faggotry every three years
>>
>>84556712
>Greatest movie of all time
>DCU on suicide watch
>Wonderman can't even do 1/4 of what Spider-Man or Avengers does at the box office
Why does DC even exist? They should just kill themselves.
>>
>>84564318
>>84564397

It's even worse - they've taken two of Pete's best lines("Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man" and "I'm summoning an army of spiders.") and handed them off to "Ned" and Tony fucking Stark.

So now Pete's this witless, unoriginal wannabe Avenger who needs hand-outs from Iron Man. Great metaphor for the whole movie, really.
>>
>>84566850
Gosh wasn't it annoying the way they gave the 60's Spider-Man theme to Chad Kroeger in Raimi's movie?
>>
Nigger MJ kek
>>
>>84564318
It's baffling that they made the "TONY HELP" meme a reality for this movie. It's like they thought "why didn't Iron Man help" was a real complaint by fans.
>>
File: 1499079230836.jpg (789KB, 1080x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1499079230836.jpg
789KB, 1080x1097px
Can we just let based Disney make every movie?
>>
>>84567135
You couldn't miss the mark any harder if your head were, in fact, completely up your ass.

Oh wait.
>>
Just got back from seeing it. First thoughts? too much Spiderman. All the way through the movie I was thinking 'Wheres Ironman?!'
The action scenes with Ironman were great, I must say.
Overall score
6 Ironmans out of 10 Ironmans - more Ironman in the sequel, please.
>>
File: mcu.png (346KB, 676x819px) Image search: [Google]
mcu.png
346KB, 676x819px
The Marvel Cinematic Universe cannot be stopped.
>>
Fuck, it looks litty.
>>
File: 1499082779435.png (173KB, 345x819px) Image search: [Google]
1499082779435.png
173KB, 345x819px
>>84567621
So far a pretty mediocre ride though
>>
>>84567982
>le ant-man was good meme
Stop
>>
>>84567621
desu all the marvel shows like agent carter,shield,iron fist, daredevil s2, luke cage has been shit
>>
>>84568009
Edgar Wright has more talent in his fucking willy than the entirety of Disney's Marvel's directors

And he made half the movie, so it stands head and shoulders above a lot of them
>>
>>84556712
fucking mother of all....you shills are at least paid for this ?
>>
HOMECOMING SPOILERS

Nobody dies, nothing really happens just alot of tie ins to the mcu. Character looks and personalities are completely changed for diversity points
Even the post credit scenes are dull. Probably an EPIC movie if you are under 14 years old and love vidya though
>>
>>84556712
Not sure if I wanna get litty for this or jumanji, can anyone reccomened which one I should get more /litty/ for?
>>
How is a Brit with an awful american accent considered a good actor?
>>
File: 1497745579154.jpg (267KB, 1050x704px) Image search: [Google]
1497745579154.jpg
267KB, 1050x704px
Marvel shilling is real. Never forget.
>>
>>84568266
he's not a good actor. He went from the smallest part in Wolf Hall to being Spiderman.
Makes you want what else he did that convinced the Marvel producers *raises eyebrow*
>>
I'm still not going to watch it.
>>
>>84568099
The entire plot was leaked yesterday.
I agree on the too many Avengers cameo and references.
>>
>>84568320

Every major company shills, is this somehow news to you?
>>
>>84557467
I don't think you understand what shilling is.

You shill a shit product in the hopes you can convince people it's good. (See: BvS, Suicide Squad). Marvel products are good at what they are, popcorn flicks. They're not trying to be anything but that. And so they excel, and have no need to be shilled.
>>
>>84568421
I honestly believe this mouseshill thinks he sounds convincing.
>>
>Spiderman relies on IronMan
>MJ is a nigger
>Flash is a skinny paki
Imagine defending Marvel after this many character assassinations
>>
>>84568354
I'm not surprised. The casting couch can also involve male actors fucked by producers after all.
>>
>>84568421
How did you get this job? Because you fucking suck at it
>>
File: 1492144537406.jpg (10KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1492144537406.jpg
10KB, 229x220px
>>84556712
>reddit spacing
>linking to numerous articles
>gratutious use of capital letters
>>
>>84556712
>third time now they made origin story spiderman movie, the second within this decade
can't wait for the next one, i hope, they make peter gay this time.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.