[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder that 90% of this movie is outright garbage.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3682.jpg (241KB, 750x1105px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3682.jpg
241KB, 750x1105px
Friendly reminder that 90% of this movie is outright garbage.
>>
>>84553960
It's really good, go see it.
>>
>>84553960
good movie but nothing special
>>
>>84554013
It's a really refreshing alternative if you're tired of superhero stuff. I'm really looking forward to Planet of the Apes too.
>>
>>84554085
you do realize that most movies that are made today aren't capeshit
>>
>>84554174
Not during the summer.
>>
>>84553960
It's actually kino as fuck. But why was Masku Sumfin given such a prominent place in the opening credits? He's in it for five minutes.
>>
File: 1489535472791.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1489535472791.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>he puts the "asian" in "home invasion"

>stop feeding me lines from Monsters Inc. It really fucking pisses me off
>>
>>84554216
Edgar Wright probably likes him and gave him a nice little part.
>>
so that makes it the best movie of the year then
>>
>>84554216
>if you don't see me again i'm dead
WHOA.
>>
I liked it.
>>
Fun to see as a matinee. Nothing extraordinary or groundbreaking.
>>
>>84554367
Can't ask for much more than that for a summer movie though. It might not be super memorable in the long run but it's a real crowd pleasing rush.
>>
I fucking loved it. The whole interweaving of the music into almost every scene was fantastic.
>>
>>84554749
i.e. the only good parts
>>
>>84554203

You're just a pleb mate. Just because you think the movies playing at your local multiplex are the only ones being made doesn't make it true.
>>
>>84553960

A pretty solid 7/10. Nothing amazing but very enjoyable and easy to watch. Definitely better than most of the major studio films out this summer.
>>
>>84555127
Yes, yes, very good. I bow down to your superior arthouse sensibilities.
>>
>>84555214

You said something stupid and factually untrue. There's no reason to cry about it.
>>
>>84555269
This is a thread discussing Baby Driver, anon. I'm saying that Baby Driver is a refreshing alternative to the current summer lineup of popular entertainment. I'm aware that there are in fact other movies in existence that aren't found at the local megaplex.
>>
I'll say that I actually don't like it when movies use songs from other artists and not by the film's composer if there isn't a radio to justify it, and even then, it's irritating. Still, gotta admit I was pleasantly surprised to hear Focus' "Hocus Pocus" in one of the scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0F_XiR48Q
>>
If you aren't the sort of guy who notices good camera work maybe it''s not for you.
>>
>>84553960
BABYS
A
DULL
BOY
>>
>>84555398
Hocus Pocus was way more effectively used in this movie than it was in the Robocop remake, and that was the best part of that movie.
>>
File: 1446940693285.jpg (19KB, 387x468px) Image search: [Google]
1446940693285.jpg
19KB, 387x468px
>that opening car chase
>that gun deal shootout
>that on-foot getaway

The shootout especially stood out for me, it was great.
>>
>>84555687

I can definitely agree with that. That flute solo gets me every time. Sixteen seconds that just about completely beats out anything Jethro Tull did.

Focus is a great band in general, so if anyone ain't heard of em, listen to all their shit from the 70s, especially Focus 2 (Moving Waves), Hamburger Concerto, and Ship of Memories.
>>
>>84553960
The trailer reeks of reddit, but I'll watch it when it comes on piratebay
>>
>>84555833
I really urge you to see it in a theater with a good sound system. It really does make a huge difference in this case. Go on $5 night or something.
>>
>>84555877
I live in a small brazilian town, so it most likely won'tcome this far, but thanks for the sound tip.
>>
Was a good movie, but I do feel like the critics are being maybe a little overzealous about it.

What's your favorite part? Mine was the foot chase when Hocus Pocus started playing. The perfect song to represent pure chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0F_XiR48Q
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.