[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chungking Express

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
This was bad r-r-right?
>>
It is.
>>
Nothing compared to In the Mood for Love.
>>
this scene was kino
>>
>>84530073
Nah it's not bad but I'm kinda confused why it's considered the of his best.

My wong kar Wai rating:
In the mood for love
Days of being wild
Fallen angels
Chungking express
Happy together
>>
File: dudewhat.png (224KB, 421x656px) Image search: [Google]
dudewhat.png
224KB, 421x656px
>this
>bad
>>
>>84530224
in the mood for love was garbage
at least chungking express was fun and comfy and made you feel things

wong kar wai isn't a particularly noteworthy director but he can pull off a cute movie like that
>>
Also it has one for the best soundtracks in a movie. It's pretty Kino ich you ignore the fact that the main characters are unlikable.
>>
>>84530523
Yeah, dude, that one Western pop song they could afford to license, and those melodies played on the biggest piece of shit synthesiser they could find were really great, man.
>>
>>84530523
Why is that a negative?
>>
First part of Chungking was better than the latter.
>>
>>84530681

I meant uses of soundtrack. He always works the soundtrack in in an interesting way but it's particularly good in chungking
>>
>>84530683
That the characters are unlikable? Is that a serious question? I just couldn't identify and so couldn't really care about the characters. They were both pretty superficial people
>>
>>84530508
> muh naturalistic acting
> muh red lighting
> muh no script
> muh 30 second slow motion sequences

It's weird that it took twenty dumpster fires for people to see he's not of the greats, good that people have started to turn around on him though.
>>
>>84531061
Kar Wai only has two stinkers, rest of his filmography goes from ok movies to masterpiece kino hth
>>
ALL THE LEAVES ARE BROWN
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.