[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that the first Wall Street was kino but the sequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Why is it that the first Wall Street was kino but the sequel completely sucked?
>>
>>84529533
Sequel's great, fuck you
>>
>>84529533
Because of Shia leboof
>>
>>84529533
The first Wall Street was a very topical look at the dealers and brokers of the 80s
The sequel was years too late, had minimal connection with the original, and served no purpose other than as a nostaglia cash-in
>>
>>84529533
Gordon Gecko is like Darth Vader, nobody wants a Darth Vader movie where he trains some dork and then betrays him later on.
>>
>>84529591
this is an opinion that applies to many movies and is almost never accurate
>>
>>84529852
that sounds pretty fucking cool actually. Would be a good R1 era story, and would be nice to have something to replace the retarded Force Unleashed crap
>>
I watched the first one recently and couldn't understand why all the praise
>>
>>84529565
It really wasn't, it was Oliver Stone trying to be hip with the youngsters. It's a shame because he's capable of making great movies.
>>
File: mulligan.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
mulligan.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Did she nail the cute millenial look?
>>
Shia.
>>
>>84531545
>HURR DURR IMMA SMASH THE REMOTE CONTROL INTO A THOUSAND PIECES BECAUSE MY DAD IS ON THE TV AND I DON'T LIKE HIM
she was a cunt
>>
>>84531912
>We had a deal honey
>RUDY KILLED HIMSELF
>I tried to help him
>HE JUST WANTED YOU
>I...was in jail....
>I HATE YOU

I agree
>>
>>84529533
1st was absolute kino. I place the sequel in the "Films nobody asked for" camp
>>
>>84529565
Holy shit no lmao Completely awful Go hang yourself if this isn't bait
>>
apart from these and trading places, what are some other movies about trading?
>>
>>84531545
>You're a young successful investment banker and you pick this red mouse looking dyke as your wife
Almost as bad as Daisy in Great Gatsby
>>
>>84529533
I thought the first sucked balls and the second was kind of good.
>>
>>84534021
Big Short

its the bestest one
>>
Michael Douglas son IRL is a junkie
>Wall Street 2 junkie son's speech
>probably real emotion
>>
>>84534021
Star Wars Episode One: The trade federation menace
>>
File: pecuniae obediunt omnia.jpg (356KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pecuniae obediunt omnia.jpg
356KB, 1280x720px
>>84534021
Glad you asked.
Boiler Room
Big Short
The Smartest Guys in the Room
Too Big to Fail
Margin Call (although I wouldn't recommend this one, Too Big To Fail is superior in every way)
>>
>>84534036
this

>>84534053
Congratulations, you're a pleb
>>
>>84529533
Because in 1987 Oliver Stone was an ambitious and talented director.

By 2010, he was a smug pseudointellectual with very little to contribute.
>>
>>84529879
That's exactly what happens in force unleashed.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.