[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silence General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Silence_(2016_film).png (102KB, 220x343px) Image search: [Google]
Silence_(2016_film).png
102KB, 220x343px
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1cOLFi4hAsR
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0QWxIEguBrk

KIREECHIAAAN Edition.
>>
>>84527850
This, annoyed me quite a bit, would have been pure kino other wise. His acting needs to mature I think, too many repetitions of body language I think.
>>
Can we get a KIREESCHIAAAAN montage of all the times they say it in the film?
>>
>>84527833
The jesuits speak shitty Japanese, the easiest language ever
>>
>>84527833
Wonderful film.
Kind of wish Scorsese got Portuguese actors and did the film in only Portuguese and Japanese, like a Mel Gibson film. Other than that 10/10. Should have got best picture.
>>
Liam and Garfield are fucking pussies. Betraying you're faith which you devoted you're entire life to, in order to save a couple off poor peasant nips. Absolutely pathetic. Not only will they burn in hell for their treachery, but they also condemned all of Japan into a false Religious practice. Kylo Ren was the true hero God bless his soul.
>>
>>84528831
this
They were fucking pussies not to mention stupid for giving up the chance to become martyrs.
>>
>>84528831
>Not only will they burn in hell for their treachery

Wouldn't sacrificing your own place in heaven to save others technically be the most christian thing to do?

Wouldn't putting your own pride above the lives of others and getting them killed by refusing to apostatise be a bad thing?
>>
>>84528831
>>84528921
>they were pussies
That was the point. Both Liam and Garfield are portrayed as utterly hollow, pathetic shells of men by the end. Liam kind of played a Satan-like tempter role. It was just a film with a bleak and depressing ending, not a pro-bitching out message.
>>
>>84528571
This. It annoyed my Portuguese friend that they pronounced the Jesuits' names in a Spanish way, rather than Portuguese.
>>
>>84529031
>>84529031
I know. Still doesn't change the fact that Garfield shouldn't have chickened out. It's most likely not going to save anybody in the end. The Nips were shown to be obsessed with Christianity and its teachings. This is shown when his guide who renounced it over and over again is still caught worshiping it in the end. Guarantee the people who were hanged in the gutter eventually were imprisoned or killed sometime later.
>>
Adam Driver's death scene hits pretty hard desu. He just dies after not seeing him for like 45 minutes and his death is absolutely pointless, he achieves nothing other than proving his empathy towards others. It's really sad.
>>
>>84529275
Adam's death was infinitely more meaningful and less tragic than Garfields betrayal imo.
>>
I can't make heads or tales of this film.
Either it's condemning the Japanese for their brutality, even in WW2 they were like this.
Or it's meant to be a sob story for muh persecution trying to culturally enrich Japan which is retarded because you cannot subvert Japan's culture.

It just seems like its a, this is what it was like, make up your own decision, but then the very end Garfield still believed, so it looks like this wow look at these priests and how brave were they to renounce their faith to safe others much strife and pain.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.