[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some other movies that portray a modern event in an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: The Big War Short Machine.jpg (1MB, 1500x1166px) Image search: [Google]
The Big War Short Machine.jpg
1MB, 1500x1166px
What are some other movies that portray a modern event in an ostensibly neutral or "fact-based" way that include a snarky narrator telling you what to believe?
>>
>>84523554
>da banks dindu nuffin
>da military industrial complex dindu nuffin

kys shill
>>
File: goodfellas_explody.jpg (24KB, 700x377px) Image search: [Google]
goodfellas_explody.jpg
24KB, 700x377px
>>84523554
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.
>>
>>84523573
Even if what they did in those movies was 100% accurate I fail to see how it is wrong for them to do that or that they shouldn't have done that.
>>
imagine being so indoctrinated as to be an apologist for a class whose interests run absolutely contrary to your own
>>
>>84523651
>thinking in terms of class interests
These movies were made for you, it's no wonder you like them.
>>
>>84523651
You make Marx's ghost proud.
>>
>>84523554
Deadpool
>>
>>84523554
there is nothing neutral in those films.

you have zero critical thinking skills
>>
>>84523844
Their value judgements weren't neutral but the facts of the matter were portrayed as neutral accounts of what happened. Full of "let me explain how this complicated thing works" moments and moments saying that the people were "blind to reality".
>>
>>84523964
The Big Short was clearly an attack by Adam Mckay,who is a bernie shill, on the big banks and capitalism. Still a well made movie
>>
>>84524031
I'm not denying the movies are meant as attacks.
>>
>>84523964
are you the type that think objective accounts of history, no less of events of this century, can actually exist, as if there aren't ideological or linguistic veils that impede "objectivity"
>>
>>84524141
no
>>
>>84523964
>facts of the matter were portrayed as neutral accounts of what happened

War Machine was literally written by a Rolling Stone writer, and the characters in the movie ask why the general was stupid enough to allow himself to be trailed by a Rolling Stone writer.
>>
>>84524166
What is your point?
>>
>>84523554
The Big Short was fairly accurate, and if you think about it the protagonists were all people who profited from the economy getting run off a cliff.
The Great Recession was all a ploy of the banks to steal money from taxpayers. When you think about it, all the money they "lost" never really existed in the first place. It was all numbers on balance sheets without any actual liquid currency to back it up.
The recession and bailout was so normal people would lose assets and the rich could buy those assets up at fire sale prices.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.