[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did people overrate this piece of shit movie? Is it just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

Why did people overrate this piece of shit movie?

Is it just because it's not a sequel or capeshit so we're supposed to settle for mediocrity?
>>
Why do other peoples opinions bother you this much
>>
>>84522804
reddit: drive edition
>>
>>84522804
They were having fun. You don't have fun.
>>
>>84522804
what was wrong with it?
>>
>>84522921
>>84522959

Fuck off (((reddit)))
>>
I haven't seen it but I know it sucks.
>>
File: babydriver.jpg (247KB, 750x754px) Image search: [Google]
babydriver.jpg
247KB, 750x754px
>>84522985
>projection
>>
>>84522865
>>84522985
>LOL IT'S REDDIT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT

I hope you realize how idiotic you sound years from now.
>>
>>84523014
>>84523027

Go back.
>>
>>84522804

Because it's literally the only major studio release this summer that isn't capeshit or a sequel, which is in itself an accomplishment.

It's also reasonably entertaining, you fuddy duddy.
>>
The first act was fantastic! I feel like it slowed down too much for the love story. Great editing as usual tho.
>>
>>84523061
Stay right now and browsing reddit at the same time and guess what, there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
Grow up, kid.
>>
>>84523081
>>84523066

hello plebbit!
>>
the first 2/3rds was good that ending was grade A hollywood cheese
t. armchair reviewer
>>
>>84523081
At least it didn't go overboard with the love story. Not going too overboard with everything was a good tone for this movie. The last "battle" was a little silly, but good shit.
>>
>>84523121
hi, how are you
>>
File: mert.jpg (37KB, 604x456px) Image search: [Google]
mert.jpg
37KB, 604x456px
>>84523061
>yfw I helped moot translate the futuba code
>>
>>84522804
Its been out for a week. It can't be overrated. It's a fun movie that just came out so people are hyping it up. At least wait a fucking month before claiming its over rated.
>>
>>84523121

Wuddup, negative nancy.
>>
>>84523121
oh shit you just TRIGGERED me with your RED PILL. My BUTT is so HURT right now. This guy must be an OLD FAG. How will I live my life after this?
>>
>>84523027
found the redditor
>>
>>84522804
bitch there have been like three 'good' movies in the last five years
if something comes out and it isn't capeshit you better take what you can get
>>
>REDDIT
>REDDIT
>REDDIT
am I cool now guys? please pay attention to me, I need it so bad, I'm fucking dying here help
>>
>>84523400
go back, you are not welcome here.
>>
>>84523400

reddit
>>
>>84522804
A lot of anger at the OP ITT. Personally, I am not going to see it because of the blatant shilling here. It also looks like the type of thing a 17 year old would like.
>>
File: IMG_0033.png (591KB, 674x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0033.png
591KB, 674x615px
>>84523437
>>84523447
hook, lime, and sinker looks like I am victorious
>>
>>84522804
I liked it. It had excellent characters that were well-acted, gorgeously stylized violence, good direction, and a pretty good script. The final act of the movie was somewhat underwhelming compared to the rest, but the resolution was at least believable and somewhat satisfying.

At the very least it was an excellent heist movie. I think it was better than even that.
>>
>>84523517
reddit
>>
>>84522804
You would've liked it if you didn't see those memey commercials saying it was the greatest movie of the year
>>
>>84523594
>It had excellent characters that were well-acted

no it didn't. everything else you said is true
>>
>>84523840
Baby, Darling, and Bats were all top-tier in my book. Doc and Buddy could have been done a bit better. Joe was nothing special. But overall I think that's a pretty great ensemble.
>>
>>84524004
get off 4chan edgar
>>
my grandpa hates most movies but liked this one
>>
i liked it

fuck you op
>>
>>84522959
Not him, but Baby essentially just drifted along with the flow for three fourths of the movie, and then passed up the oppurtunity to back out for fuck knows whatever reason. Every death from the bank security guard on is his responsibility. He vanished a dead body for someone and we're supposed to act like he's a good boy who dindu nuffin.

On top of that, the movie is supposed to be propelled by the music, and the music is almost pure shit. Bellbottoms is probably one of the worst non-hiphop songs I've ever heard. The only two decent songs in the film were Brighton Rock and Deborah, and both of them were played on low.
The action scenes were good, but you can just watch stunt driving videos on youtube if you want that.

>>84523594
When Jamie Foxx first showed up, I assumed he was an undercover cop because he was so fake and over the top.
>>
>>84524600
I thought of Bats as a Mr. Blonde type character. Aside from wondering why a "professional" such as Kevin Spacey's character would hire such a wild card I didn't really see a problem.
>>
>>84524062

of course you did reddit.
>>
It's what Fast and the Furious should have been
>>
People overrate it because they recognize influence by La la land (a good movie) and it's somewhat fun and original. If you really look at it though, it's pretty shitty. Baby and his girlfriend are absolitely unconvincing actors. I got tired of his whimsical shtick in a couple of seconds. The first single shot scene was full of errors (showing the camera man in the window reflection, the two people in the doorway clearly waiting for the camera to arrive to start walking). The obviously fake baby that Baby hands to the woman he stole the car from. All those flaws could be forgiven if it was just a musical but it pretends to be a believable story as well. The story is boring, the romance parts were unwatchable because of poor acting and no chemistry. Some lines were too silly for words ie "this guy puts the Asian in home invasion!". The music choices were good but they only play like 20 seconds of each song! The only good thing abiut this movie were the chases.
>>
What the hell was that song playing when the guy was sneaking through the garage?
>>
>>84525324
>Asian in home invasion!
I just realized that this line doesn't make sense
When I watched the movie I was like "who doesn't like hats"
>>
>>84525500
ASIAN and (inv)ASION are pronounced the same way. Congratulations on being either retarded or a pedantic asshole. I hear both are doing well in society today.
>>
>>84523014
He puts the asian in home invasion.
>>
File: twitter.png (42KB, 541x569px) Image search: [Google]
twitter.png
42KB, 541x569px
If Scott Pilgrim is "Twilight for boys" what is Baby Driver?
>>
>>84524600
>we're supposed to act like he's a good boy who dindu nuffin.
I thought we absolutely were not supposed to act this way, part of the last act is him realising he enjoys the thrill of the drive right? And that he is definitely partially to blame for the crimes committed.
I mean sure the movie doesn't play it up much but he went to prison for 5 years, he gets a punishment that he chose to take.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.