[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Was it the pacing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: lost city of z.jpg (83KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
lost city of z.jpg
83KB, 564x846px
What went wrong? Was it the pacing?
>>
>>84498332

i think you being a pleb is where you went wrong
>>
Is the movie really that color?
>>
>>84498332
>What went wrong?
Absolutely nothing. If you want to get nitpicky, the part where he sees the newspaper saying Archduke has been assassinated and the other guy goes "Looks like war" was very tacked on.
>>
>>84498332
I don't understand why people keep bringing up pacing issues. The movie doesn't suffer from that at all
>>
Too fucking long
>>
>>84498332
They shouldn't have focused on every chapter of his life. I wish the movie hadn't left the Amazon forest. We barely saw any exploring.
>>
>>84498707
I agree with this. Particularly wish there was more in the third expedition.
>>
>>84498805
that was my only gripe. The third expedition happened to fast and then it was over

still liked it a lot
>>
>>84498382
Movie is pretty brown and yellow when they are in the Amazon. Dark and dreary when back in England.
>>
File: ,.,.,.,..jpg (53KB, 638x475px) Image search: [Google]
,.,.,.,..jpg
53KB, 638x475px
>>84498707
THIS the greatest part of his story was how he survived the jungle when so many of the people that came with him died on his adventures . that should of been the bulk of the moive the end starting with the ww1 shit could still of been the ending but the other 75% should of been exploration
>>
>>84498541
During the first expedition, just as the movie is starting to get legitimately interesting, they're suddenly back in england. All the england parts are a total slog. Especially the wife's suffragette bullshit. Then, at the second expedition, again, just after they send the fat-fuck off with a horse and "he" fucks them over, and things are about to start getting tense and interesting, bamf, back in england again. Then the third expedition basically has nothing really happen until they get captured. They get carried off a bit, and then, bam, again, back in england with the cunt wife.
>>
The ending really fucked me up with the son obviously realizing this is the end

and the way it's all so passive and how the music blends together with the scene is perfect
>>
>>84498541
well, you're clearly retarded. the first 30 minutes of the film had godawful pacing, I was honestly baffled. has he been in bolivia for two weeks? three? oh shit, his second kid is suddenly born. how long have they been on the river? a day, or two? oh shit, they're all actually starving. one second he's taking two steps off the raft, then suddenly he's being praised as the second coming of christ back in england. I actually thought he was deliriously dreaming when he first returned home.
garbage film.
>>
>>84499931
I loved that part, when Percy tells him there's so much about the world that we don't understand, as the drugs begin to take over.
>>
The writing was a bit lackluster desu
>>
>>84500289
I agree with the criticisms of the pacing but I don't think the film was garbage
>>
>>84500289
you sound a little immature and maybe weren't paying attention much.
>>
I just didn't feel anything, the whole film was like a big nothingburger.
>>
>>84500603
solid criticism.
>>
>>84498332
'twas good
>>
>>84498332
>that poster
Do they go to Ohio in this movie???
>>
>>84498351
fpbp
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.