[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's wrong with these people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: doomsday-preppers.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
doomsday-preppers.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
what's wrong with these people
>>
>>84484124
afraid of happiness
probally raeped as children
>>
fear is a hell of a drug
>>
>>84484124

Humans need a purpose or we wither and die, eventually.

Some get turned around in weird ways while pursuing that, but whatever works for them.
>>
Can you imagine turning 80 and looking back on your life, and all you can remember is how you spent a majority of it constructing a doomsday bunker and blowing hundreds of thousands of dollars on something that has made you the laughingstock of your neighbors and relatives? I can imagine you wouldn't even want to use it anymore if given the chance, because you've already been completely alone for the last decade, and taking a nuke head-on and dying from nuclear fallout honestly sounds a lot better than the idea of living alone underground for another few years before you finally kick the bucket with nothing to show for your life but a shitty doomsday bunker that no one will ever find.
>>
>>84484124
right-wing media desu
>>
>>84484124
>what's wrong with these people
They'll be right when it counts?
>>
>>84484124
This is honestly a fascinating show. It's like playing spot-the-mental-disorder.
>>
if they didn't spend their money on this shit they'd be gamblers
>>
I've unironically considered "prepping" as a hobby.

But then I think about how shitty life would be even if I could survive, and how I have strongly consider suicide even at high levels of comfort/safety, and I just blow it on food and said comforts instead.
>>
>>84484124
They are all obese i dont understand
>>
>>84486365
They built up fat for the nuclear winter.
>>
you wont be laughing when they are the warlords of the apocalypse
>>
There was an article in like...the atlantic(?) recently about rich people prepping for some STHF scenario. Luxury condos built in a former nuclear silo are selling like hotcakes, others are buying overseas real estate like in New Zealand especially to have somewhere to go if shit went south in the US.

Apparently it's not so uncommon among silicon valley types, like there's a sense of impending catastrophe.
>>
File: nuclear caterpillar.png (569KB, 1920x1479px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear caterpillar.png
569KB, 1920x1479px
Eh, I can definitely see the appeal to prepping. I started making a bugout bag last year, was pretty fun looking for gear and relearning the things I was taught in the boy scouts. But, it quickly turned into my new camping pack. It doesn't hurt to be prepared though, a good emergency kit in your car and/or in the home is a godsend if shit does go down (not necessarily civil unrest, but natural disasters too). And here in ND a good roadside emergency kit is damn near necessary for the winter. Each year I hear of at least 1 person / group who freeze to death because their car broke down and they had no way of staying warm until rescue arrived.
>>
File: 1961.jpg (414KB, 1776x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1961.jpg
414KB, 1776x1376px
>>84484124
Following in their grandparents footsteps
>>
>>84486443
>silicon valley
thats what nerds do when they get rich. they do the whole zombie apocalypse thing.
>>
>>84486156
There will come a time when war will break out or something bad happens and their grandchildren or great grand children will have their bunkers and will survive.

The human race is doomed wether it is now or later.
>>
>If they take the picture of the gas masks on it will make people think they are creepy and nazis
t. jew

If they took the picture of their smiling faces no one would think they were weird.
>>
>>84484124
seems like a lot of them are just waiting for an excuse to shoot people. it's quite often something similar to
> IF YOU TRY TO TAKE MY SEEDS I WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE SO FUCKING HARD

also, must be disappointing when the doomsday scenario you've dedicated all your life to never comes true.
>>
>>84484124
Economic instability, exacerbated by hysterical, paranoid mass media
>>
>>84484124

They really value their lives and apparently think they'll last after the apocalypse hits. They won't, and their fear of the unknown future is proof of their own inadequacy.
>>
Just like trans freaks, they have mental issues.
>>
>>84484124
They can inexplicably spend tens of thousands of dollars if not hundreds prepping.
>>
>>84484124
test
>>
The castle series was fokin Kino though

>dat mud wrestling scene between the sisters
>>
yeah when some average people do its a mental disorder

when future president zuckerberg builds a 30 million bunker in new zealand and keeps a private jet fueled and ready to go its all good
>>
>>84488090

>that shitty light system they made
>>
>>84484124
what's wrong with this channel for showing this?
>>
>tfw no money to build comfy shelter
>>
File: 1496349508711.gif (1MB, 286x214px) Image search: [Google]
1496349508711.gif
1MB, 286x214px
>>84484124
Nothing.

They get paid to act like retards.

Preppers are fine, but get a bad rap because of sensationalist media like "National Geographic Channel's Doomsday Preppers" or the movie, "Take Shelter" both of which show extreme views and/or represent mental illness. Media wants viewers/listeners and the best way to get that is to be sensationalist either in action or what is being said.

In fact, the very wording of your post was controlled directly by media. Which is sad for you and everyone else. Your post is more anti-prepping and vilifying than it is an actual question. You already have your mind made up it seems.

For instance, people who have post-apocalypse fantasies to the point of major prepping, as seen in, "Doomsday Preppers" are either mentally ill or being paid to act that way. There are many historical precedents of such reality tv shows paying the people, staring in the show, to act out of character in order to boost ratings. A few years ago, even 4chan had a king of a micronation (the one with the hot daughter) give a detailed account of such an incident where the producers of a reality tv show tried to get his family to be shown stockpiling weapons and wearing matching uniforms, neither of which they do. He of course said, "no thanks," to even being in a reality tv show.

Now ask yourself this, how many people are mentally ill to that specific amount of radicalism? Not that many. There's only a very tiny amount of the population who are actually mentally ill. Of that small percent, very few are preppers.

Thus, the media is shown to be vilifying prepping. I wonder what is up their sleeve as to want that? On the other hand, most 1st world governments actively try to get their citizens to be as disaster-ready as possible. For instance, the USA government (DHS) runs this website, https://www.ready.gov/
>>
>>84490037
This is copy-pasta fyi, so it doesn't really fit 100% to reply to the OP.
>>
>>84486676
Love Trumps hate.
>>
The apocalypse will not be caused by war, but economic collapse. The reason so many rich people build bunkers, if not for the hobby, is because they know the commoners would want to kill them when it happens.
>>
>>84486218
Does anyone else do this for the Homestead Shows that plague Discovery Channel? The Browns alone are a septic tank of issues, and their "accent" doesn't seem to be an accent at all, but rather they're degenerating the simple capacity for human speech.
>>
>>84486443
>buying overseas real estate like in New Zealand especially to have somewhere to go if shit went south in the US
I wonder if they've worked out how they'd get there if everything really went to shit. Do they have a plane fuelled and ready with a pilot 24/7? Do they think that pilot will stick around to fly them somewhere and then disappear?
>>
>>84486443
>White men surrounded by a growing brown demographic becoming interested in running away to the countryside

You don't say.
>>
>>84484124
either the bombs start falling and you have a place to hide or they don't but u still have a wonderful fuck-bunker
>>
>>84484124
My favorite episodes are the far-left preppers. There was some family that built a self-sustaining algae garden or some shit in their backyard but was insistent on not having guns or any form of home protection. When asked if they thought if anyone might try to take their shit they just said "No, we don't think people would do that". Fucking liberals.
>>
File: 1498536870812.webm (2MB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
1498536870812.webm
2MB, 640x356px
Remember people proper prepping includes prepping with your neighbors, family, and friends. Isolationists die, but people to band together will make it through anything.

Media tries to prevent this. They, for some reason, want everyone to be isolationists. All I can think is the phrase, "divide and conquer".
>>
>>84490203
The media is a symptom, not the source. Always has and always will. The spike for individualism is a result of the Hippie Generation having kids and raising them to be precious unique angels, and then those kids having kids during the 80s, a period of perceived societal decay and raw decadence.

Nowadays, we're staunch individualists because that's just the norm. Families with fathers are passé, everyone deserves a medal, everyone has a pronoun all to themselves.
>>
>>84488090
>bulid castle
>give it windows
>>
>>84484124
Most people's prepping is preparing to sreal everything these guys have with guns should the worst happen?
>>
>>84490263
>a period of perceived societal decay and raw decadence.

You are just regurgitating media lies. The 80s were nothing like that at all. Family and friends were a massive part of everything. The only real change in the nationwide public of the USA happened on 9/11. The 1970s was the worst era for domestic terrorist in the USA. The 1980s was much better and the public opinion was that things were getting better. I'm talking about actual people, not what the media says/said. I know, I lived through all this stuff. The media has been sensationalist since forever. It is the modern day gladiator ring. Nothing about it is true.
>>
File: 1496083205461.jpg (1MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1496083205461.jpg
1MB, 1600x1067px
>>84490356
That isn't a castle though, even if they try to label it as such.

>>84490366
>got enough water for 2 weeks worth of no power
>friends sees stack of water bottles
>instant berating about being a "crazy prepper"
>power goes out for 16 days about a month later due to a wicked storm

Guess who had to learn how to filter his own water for drinking? He couldn't even get to my house because he couldn't buy any gas. That is the kind of unprepardness shit like the OP causes.
>>
>>84484124

asshole reality tv producers
>>
>he doesn't understand that societies collapse on a regular basis
>>
>>84490062
Entropy trumps all things.
>>
If I am not mistaken, Normal prepping is having a Vegetable garden, Chicken coop, Access to water, Renewable energy from solar panels and being able to sustain yourself for a few months without even needing to go to the store.
This prepper show is a very extreme side of prepping.
>>
i mean, i have a dozen juggs of water and a shelf of canned beans in my basement, but these guys are probably taking too far
>>
The show wouldn't be fun if they showed rational people. There's no show for people with clean average homes, or a man and wife with 2 kids.
>>
>>84488090
>ameritards can actually call that a castle with a straight face
What a fucking joke of a '''''(((nation)))''''''
>>
>>84491102
lol look at this nerd working himself into a shoot.
>>
>>84484124
Nothing its fake

Most people who do practise "prepping" aren't bat shit insane like the people in these shows,

Yes the people who do get involved in this end of the world preparation shit can be a little weird but they all usually live normal lives and just do this on the side. Their lives never really revolve solely on this crap.

t. Have family who participate in this kind of stuff
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.