[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Tick tv show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Will this tv show be the savior of capeshit?

I'm looking forward to it, I never say the cartoon but what is your opinion?

Will it be good/bad?
>>
I remember the cartoon being a meme fest
>>
>>84472868

It looks pretty well produced judging from the photos on imdb
>>
>>84472841
Cartoon, comic, and first live action show are all pretty great. Pilot for this new one was pretty good, though it's probably going to take me a few episodes to get used to the new costume.
>>
The previous live show was pretty good, very unique comedy. The Tick actor was especially excellent, I'd watch the reboot but it starring a different actor turns me off it.
>>
>>84472841
I'm really excited about it, but I'm worried about how much of the old stuff they're going to be able to include for copyright reasons. The Patrick Warburton version couldn't use the names of most of the minor characters or villains, so it just never felt quite right. They'd better be able to use Chairface Chippendale.
>>
>>84472888
That's from the pilot, which has been available for months. And yes it all looked pretty well produced.
>>
File: whoopi.jpg (181KB, 1444x1000px) Image search: [Google]
whoopi.jpg
181KB, 1444x1000px
>whoopi goldberg cameo
>>
>>84472841
It has a lot to live up to. Both the cartoon and the original live action show were great. Never seen the comic myself but given it spawn some great shows I imagine that was great too.

Plus Patrick Warburton was just a perfect casting choice in the live action version. That's definitely hard to live up to.

And given that it's being produced by a streaming service in 2017 I have my doubts.
>>
The pilot was pretty bad.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>84472868
READ A BOOK
>>
I'm a fan of Peter Serafinowicz. His shows on the BBC had some great moments, and he's got a couple good shorts on YouTube. His work is "inconsistent." The pilot for The Tick was not very good and gives me apprehension.

The shorts:
https://youtu.be/zSG2pD-2O2g
https://youtu.be/5rO-I7butL4
>>
>>84472841
>the savior of capeshit
Dude, capeshit is capeshit. Do you ever think you'll find a good piece of dogshit and think to yourself....wow that really is a nice bit of dogshit, maybe we've been wrong about shit all this time. Fuck I've been flushing my shit down the toilet everyday (god willing) maybe I should be keeping it and displaying it's artistic values to my friends and family by smearing it over the face of my 8 year old niece's face.
>>
>>84474051
Underated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7kPL9QkDm4
>>
>>84474417
Woah dude, I was reading the posts in this thread out loud to my parents and younger brothers, but I had to stop when I got to your post.
>>
>>84472888
Scorpius?!
>>
>>84474417
I don't think you've ever seen the tick
He was like the one punch man of the 90's
Except he kinda sucked

Both are anticapeshit. The Tick show poked fun at the concept and stupidity of superheroes/supervillains
>>
File: db0.jpg (26KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
db0.jpg
26KB, 349x642px
>>84474629
I saw "The Tick" in the 90's.

Liking it because it poked fun at heroshit is the same as liking a stupid bastard that does something retarded and then he says "Hur dur I was only pretending to be retarded".
>>
>>84474839
The show was more clever tha just a superhero spoof.

It had some really good moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah7GxKHGHPg
>>
>>84474839
>Hur dur I was only pretending to be retarded
You mean just like what you're doing?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.