[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

battlestar galactica tread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 38

File: battlestar-galactica_logo.jpg (69KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
battlestar-galactica_logo.jpg
69KB, 665x375px
so is this series any good?
i just downloaded the mini series and im excited to watch it.

what do you guys think of it?
>>
>>84467343

its great, dont listen to fucks here, just go and watch it you wont regret it
>>
>>84467343
Its my favorite series of all time, and the last time I ever remember being so hooked on a TV series. I watched it in 2010. 1st season was weak compared to the next few.
>>
>>84467343
>shake
>shake
>ZOOM
this is great, how about we film EVERYTHING like this
>>
>>84467343
It's fucking great.
>>
>>84467343
one of the best of all time
>>
>>84467343
this series was dogshit
none of the characters are like-able they all act and think like total retards
the ending was completely retarded
a cylyon and a human have a daughter together and it turns out that this daughter is our eve because the remnants of the fleet landed on earth and for some reason all the females but "eve" couldnt bare children or some shit
>>
File: 1273946213998.jpg (39KB, 430x352px) Image search: [Google]
1273946213998.jpg
39KB, 430x352px
I tried watching it when it was still airing. Couldn't get over how retarded 'frack' sounded so I stopped watching that corny campy ass shit.

I did see all the cool clips on yt, though.
>>
>>84467343
GOAT series, but consider stopping halfway in the fourth season (where the series would have ended if the writer's strike had continued). The latter half is retconning the entire preceding series (with an entire episode of nothing but talking heads exposition) since the show had painted itself into a corner by that point, but what a glorious corner it was.
>>
>>84467343
i really enjoyed it but season 4 was disappointing after the mutiny. finale reminded me of lost's.

GOAT tv soundtrack, though. holy shit.

https://youtu.be/SlcUwUwjLrs

https://youtu.be/ylzHr02ApBQ
>>
>>84467738
pleb tier

>>84467343
Starts out great, ends mediocre. Definitely worth a watch, one of the better shows on television in the last decade or however long it's been.
>>
>>84467343
Flawed but brilliant. One of the greatest sci-fi shows of all time.
>>
>>84467854
lost i is a show i need to finish.
i watched some of it when it came out but i was still a kid then and i didn't hold my interest
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
>>84467343
>>
>>84467343
do you like femdom? no, seriously, theres a femdom relationship in the show
its great
>>
the whole show is entertaining but there's a drop off in quality around season 3ish. the final 2 or 3 episodes are fucking awful
>>
File: 1480637175489.jpg (750KB, 1857x749px) Image search: [Google]
1480637175489.jpg
750KB, 1857x749px
best space opera of our time

I honestly hope we get something better in the future one day
>>
Watch the first 2 seasons, then for the love of Cylon angels, STOP.
>>
>>84468800
the best we have right now is the expanse. the acting isn't nearly as good as bsg but the story is pretty good
>>
File: 1271618208168.gif (3MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1271618208168.gif
3MB, 500x282px
GOD DID IT

Still really enjoyed it despite the faults and cop-outs. Had some really great moments right up to the end.
>>
>>84467343
pure kino

real talk it's one of my favorite shows of all time

if you like sci-fi and darker stuff, grittier/more "realistic" shit vs flashy sci-fi bullshit like star wars or star trek where they just macgyver technobabble their way out of everything, you will like it; there's some of that in BSG but it's not like it's the solution to every problem or the resolution to every story of the week

the women are sexy as fug, too. i developed a serious thing for starbuck once she grew long hair; tricia helfer as caprica 6 is overrated, but as gina she's hot

there isn't a single character i don't like, besides the worthless nigger doctor, tigh's wife, and callie

i've rewatched the whole series a few times, it's worth it
>>
>>84468912
starbuck honestly repulsed me throughout the whole show. sharon was qt tho
>>
I enjoyed the miniseries the most, the first season was good, second season was ok, third onwards was shit. It had a great premise but the writers turned it into a clusterfuck.
>>
>>84467854
>https://youtu.be/SlcUwUwjLrs
truly a phenomenal track

their use of passacaglia is good. the shape of things to come is great, too
>https://youtu.be/isbr4V7JoEc

>>84468896
satisfying scene

>>84468942
starbuck made me sick until she grew her hair long, then i actually saw she had a somewhat feminine face and i found her fuckable

particularly when she was held captive,
that's my fetish

>>84468957
>blood on the scales isn't one of their goat episodes
>>
the plebs will tell you to just watch first two seasons

watch the whole thing
>>
>>84469213
yes but skip black market. the series finale is bad, but black market is so pointless and stupid
>>
Best show of all times, most criticisms just come from Fedoras who haven't accepted that God loves them

>>84468942
>starbuck honestly repulsed me throughout the whole show
Crazy talk, report to the Doc at once.
>>
>>84469441
>Crazy talk, report to the Doc at once.

dee and athena are by far the superior bsgfus
>>
>>84468896
> GOD DID IT

Literally a "Deus ex machina" ending but honestly I was okay with that because it was obvious it wasn't actually god but some alien or other human race.
>>
>>84469266
Black Market is clearly an episode of the original series mysteriously transplanted in the re-imagined universe.
>>
>>84469266
>the series finale is bad
No it isn't. It's divisive but that doesn't mean it's bad. Many people liked the ending but also many didn't (like most of /tv/ for some reason)
>>
>>84469063
>their use of passacaglia is good. the shape of things to come is great, too

nice, anon

>>84469266
this was good though

https://youtu.be/IPUjyjP9qtY
>>
>>84469496
>Literally a "Deus ex machina" ending
It's not though, that's just fancy talk for an asspull, but Head Six and Head Balthar were telling you what was going on constantly from their very first appearances, it couldn't have been more clearly signposted unless a human character died on screen then came back from the dead with supernatural knowledge.

And speaking of the soundtrack, this track was in the background of one of the bar scenes and got stuck in my head, turns out it was a Bear McReary song from another film he did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4zlihY2axQ
>>
>>84467343
Came in with a bang, went out with a whimper.
>>
File: six.jpg (457KB, 960x1278px) Image search: [Google]
six.jpg
457KB, 960x1278px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhNJAVaDl4M

>Why don't you just tell them that Battlestar Galactica isn't your favourite TV show of all time? Oh right, it's because that's treason, and if they find out they're going to tear your head off and THROW YOUR BODY OUT OF AN AIRLOCK!
>>
>>84470022
>Playback on other websites has been disabled
You dirty motherfuckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0RPK76gpSw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c2ZJPKz5u8
implyign this is not forever printed into your memory from watching this show

truly GOAT
>>
>>84470022
i-is her right nipple coming out?
>>
>>84470171
never during that show on screen

however, there are plenty of nudes of her on the interwebz
>>
Human survival stuff is great and all the stuff with the cylons are annoying as fuck. Its one of those ROBOTS CAN BE PEOPLE TOO shows that dont ponder the idea of an artificial intelligence in an interesting way.
>>
This is God-Kino sci-fi

Atheists would not like it, it's far too philosophical
>>
>>84470308
>shows that dont ponder the idea of an artificial intelligence in an interesting way
2008 was still too early for that. Person of Interest did a great job at it though.

>>84470349
Atheists hate fedoras too.
>>
File: bg409b[1].jpg (85KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
bg409b[1].jpg
85KB, 500x256px
STEP ASIDE, OTHER SOUNDTRACKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSta8tcGC78
>>
It's a lot like lost in that it strings you along to an unsatisfying conclusion and never answers questions but manages to entertain you along the way. BSG has some of the worst filler episodes however, find a watch guide and skip them they're truly awful.
>>
>>84468657
wut? Are you talking about that one time in the miniseries when Tyrol said "shut up, sir" to Boomer?

>>84470791
>never answers questions
Like what?
>>
>>84469644
Doesn't change the fact that "God did it" is the antithesis of sci-fi. It comes across as a cop out because it excuses any plot holes or conveniences with "it's magic". If I wanted magic plot devices I'd watch fantasy, at least do me the favor of covering up with some techno babble or something.
>>
>>84470817
not them, the blonde cylon slaps around the long haired pretty boy a whole heck of a lot. ive considered making a supercut of all the moments for youtube, but never have
>>
>>84470791
i wouldn't compare it to lost. lost is just mysteries on top of mysteries on top of mysteries. there are mysteries in bsg but nowhere near the amount lost had.
>>
>>84469063
Passacaglia is top tier. Absolute quality. Bear McCreary is a marvellous composer.
>>
>>84470817
>Like what?
It's been ages since I watched it but in early S1 there was an episode with some cylon tracker thing and angel six saves baltar with magic or some shit and it's never explained/retouched
>>
File: gbb.gif (1MB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
gbb.gif
1MB, 250x140px
One of my favorite shows ever. The first two seasons are the best but the whole series is worth watching.

The characters are great, plus Starbuck is hot.

Daily reminder that Helo is a gigantic mangina faggot that put the well being of a cylon over the last remnants of the human race. That traitor should have been executed.

Daily reminder that Felix Gaeta did nothing wrong.
>>
>>84470897
Fantasy elements have always been a part of sci-fi. Go watch Star Trek TOS.
>>
>>84470949
I suppose that's true but BSG intro literally says 'they have a plan' and they totally dont have a plan
>>
>>84471007
>Daily reminder that Helo is a gigantic mangina faggot that put the well being of a cylon over the last remnants of the human race. That traitor should have been executed.
It's impossible to deny this position. I can see Adama forgiving Starbuck for being a cocky bitch and doing what she thinks is right (aka being Starbuck), but forgiving Helo for shit like preventing them wiping out the Cylons was total madness, I would have airlocked him immediately.

>>84471018
They do have a plan, but it went to shit due to either poor programming of the skinjobs or Cavil's mindfucking of them damaging them somehow.
>>
>>84471140
>They do have a plan, but it went to shit due to either poor programming of the skinjobs or Cavil's mindfucking of them damaging them somehow.
eh whatever dude they still try to string you along with that shit
>>
>>84470897
Have you never read any science fiction?

Religion acting as a counter-point or antagonist is a common theme in a lot of the most famous sci-fi novels.
>>
>And they have a plan
>there was no plan
>>
>>84467343
>tries to distance itself from the original series and makes a show of outdoing it
>still mines the original series heavily for major plot points
>falls apart and ends abruptly once the creators run out of material from the original series to adapt

My ideal BSG would be more of a blend between the two series. I want the more mature and complex storytelling of the newer series but I miss the Star Warsy space fantasy aesthetic of the original.
>>
>>84467343

Watch up until the point they land on Earth. Stop watching then.

Alternatively, stop after season two.
>>
>>84470978
>It's been ages since I watched it
Definitely. Six points out the tracker on the console to Baltar but there's nothing magic about that nor what happens after.
>>
>>84468957
The first halves of seasons 3 and 4 were great, some of the best sci-fi tv ever made. The second halves is where it started to drag, struggling to find a way to cap off the show.

I liked what they eventually came up with but it didn't need an entire half-season to get there, or it could have been executed better.
>>
>>84471461
wasn't he going to be blame for it or something then it disappears?
>>
>>84471550
No, he tells someone he saw Leoben messing with the console then they take it down. I think you might be confusing it with the later episode where another version of Six shows up and frames him for being complicit in the attacks using fake CCTV footage, but they later discover the video was a fake and Six escapes, which also wasn't magic though.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>It's a Head Six bullies Baltar episode
>>
>>84471671
Well I'll take your word for it, I do remember an episode like that where baltar is left wondering how head six saved him though
>>
>>84467343
like LOST or The Leftovers you have to enjoy the characters more than the overarching plot if you don't want to be disappointed because the storyline is fucking shit after season 2+
>>
One thing I never understood is the Cylon numbering, early on they were all random numbers under twelve, which makes sense, but then for some reason either the fans or writers decided the final five had to have the last five numbers, so they invented the dead number 7 to make it make sense, but why would the "final five" be the highest numbers when they were the creators of the rest? Shouldn't they have been 1-5, unless they knew they were going to have exactly 7 other kids and named themselves accordingly, but that's weird.
>>
>>84471228
The closest sci-fi I've read to BSG is Calculating God, it did a much better job of using religion as a plot device than BSG did. It presented two points of view on the same event, one from a religious side and one from a scientific side and left you wondering if it really matters what you call it.

BSG didn't do that. The main plot device that tied everything up in the end was "God" and that's that, no room for interpretation. Just magic. Thing that doesn't make sense? Don't worry, it was magic. And if you base your whole plot on magic you didn't write a science fiction show, you wrote a fantasy show that happens to be set in the future.

Disappointing ending to the plot, but at least the characters got some closure.
>>
>>84471861
>have exactly 7 other kids
8* derp
>>
>>84470308
AI has never been an interesting sci fi concept. It's been done to death. It has two options, they are either just humans like you and me or they are just cold calculating robots that will kill humanity.
>>
>>84467595
wrong
>>
File: Episode 11- If-Then-Else.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Episode 11- If-Then-Else.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>84471933
There is another way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnQ8CD3v4g
>>
daily reminder lee is a fucking idiot that sacrificed the pegasus because he's a fat doughnut eating jackass
>>
>tfw all set up to play the boardgame today

Good times ahead
>>
>>84472038
And let that beautiful ebony waifu die
>>
File: 1493945111061.gif (966KB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
1493945111061.gif
966KB, 400x232px
>>84472038
The Admiral should have bullied his fat ass out of the service years earlier. He was a shit lawyer and president too, but at least he could do slightly less damage there.

>>84472588
That was such a shocking episode at the time, but if you watch it carefully and pay attention to little things she says, there's a few red flags, and her fracking husband should have spotted them.
>>
So he never did doggy style and noticed the red hot spine?
>>
>>84472588
i get why she did it but it was still kind of stupid and seem like it existed for pure shock value
>>
COMFIEST SONG REPORTING IN

https://youtu.be/OGcMPp7TNo4
>>
>Shits always breaking
>deck gangs constantly on the move fixing things
>in constant need of supplies
>enlisted vs officer classism
>XO and CPO are tough but get respect because they keep shit running

Reminder that BSG is the only TV series ever to do life on a warship justice
>>
>>84473032
also interestingly: the Galactica is one of the few scifi warships where the command center is actually in the middle of the ship instead of on the outside, preferably with a giant window exposing it to all kinds of weapon fire
>>
>>84471007
>Gaeta slowly turns from yes-man bitch to jaded outcast to mutineer

God-tier character development
>>
>>84473112
>space battles are overseen from the Combat Information Center. We never even see a stereotypical "bridge" or command deck
>Marines are used as security forces, though the most senior among them is a Master At Arms

They definitely had Navy vets as consultants
>>
File: f50.jpg (23KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
f50.jpg
23KB, 500x279px
>>84473119
I like the out-of-uniform character development he got in Final Cut too
>>
>>84467343
Starts out great but ends disappointingly. Pretty sure it was because of the writers strike. Oh well, the ride is fun all the same, give it a watch.
>>
>>84467343
it kinda sucked and got boring pretty quick iirc
don't waste your time
>>
File: 36564567543653.jpg (34KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
36564567543653.jpg
34KB, 480x270px
How does /tv/ feel about the treatment of Cylon prisoners aboard the Pegasus?
>>
File: Exodus.jpg (50KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Exodus.jpg
50KB, 800x450px
>>84473215
only real issue it has is space battles taking place with all warships close together, but I guess we can excuse that given the alternative would have been fairly boring to watch

and course, the series did give us one of the most hype moments in space combat fiction, despite technically taking place within atmosphere

made even better in that they didn't handwave the toll this took on the ship
>>
>>84473450
Tough but fair
>>
>>84473450
>Implying putting your dick in a toaster is rape
Please Disturb
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 265x190px
>>84467854
She literally did nothing wrong
Ruthless, yes
But her priority was strike back.
Something that Adama lost sight off due to the liberal interference of President Roslin
>>
>>84472859
They certainly had many. A lof of credit goes to Mcreary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T99blrM1DgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSYPYq9D_No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8zsE5zdlsQ
>>
File: 1490914410762.jpg (46KB, 502x792px) Image search: [Google]
1490914410762.jpg
46KB, 502x792px
>>84473450
>Don't mess with the bull, young lady, you'll get the horns
>>
>>84473587
She was a lesbian for starbuck right?
>>
>>84470105
>the explosion of goosebumps you get around the 1:20 mark
>>
>>84473545
there was no chance of an attack succeeding
she was willing to sacrifice ALL OF HUMANITY just for an impossible chance to defeat the Cylons

the first priority was survival
>>
>>84473691
But her plan to destroy the resurrection hub was successful, she would have won the war for them if Baltar hadn't let Six out,
>>
>>84467343
Very high highs, but with incredibly low lows

Like the first 2.5 seasons out of 4 are good. The ending of the show shows up in "worst tv series endings of all time" lists for a reason. It's almost Lumberjack Dexter tier.
>>
>>84473587
For some reason she always grossed me out. Didn't she have an unsightly mole or something?
>>
>>84472647
yeah in hindsight you can see lots of little signs and red flags, but like lots of people with depression who commit suicide it seems completely shocking and out of left field when it happens
>>
>>84472647
Living on algae can do that
He only needed 2 episodes and an off screen session with a skip rope to rectify it

Kinda feel sorry for Arron Douglas. He got fat and stayed fat
>>
>>84473032
>>84473112
Not only that, but like if a torpedo hit the Galactica in season 1, that scorch mark is still on the ship in season 4.

It's a shame the show gets so many minor details right but the main story writing is a disaster.
>>
so fucking good
>>
>>84472588
reminder that this happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDjAFi7oJ4
>>
>>84473112
It's in the center because BSG ships do not have shields.
>>
>>84467854
>>84470444
>>84469063
How is it possible that everything Bear McCreary does is so great? He composed for many completely different shows, and always tried something different every time.
>>
Friendly reminder that she did nothing wrong.
>>
>>84473933
even in ships where shields exist you'd still place it in the middle because its THAT critical of a location

instead of say, running the risk of a single fighter slipping through and kamikaze'ing away the top half of your chain of command in a single strike
>>
File: 546474643.jpg (98KB, 736x1100px) Image search: [Google]
546474643.jpg
98KB, 736x1100px
>>84473976
>>
>>84471861
You've given more thought to it than the writers
>>
>>84474023
which one
>>
>>84474045
the one who got knocked up
>>
>>84473909
somehow even better than https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPJYl3FbH5o
>>
>>84474089
but boomer>athena
>>
File: bsg_.jpg (143KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
bsg_.jpg
143KB, 1024x670px
>>84473818
>that nuke that Starbucks missed left a mark visible for the next 70 episodes
feels good man
>>
>>84474153
Why are the cylon women better looking than any of the humans in this show?
>>
>>84474110
lol
>>
>>84474180
The Starbuck is half-cylon theory aint cannon mate
>>
>>84474220
Starbuck is an angel so technically she's not human either
>>
>>84469700
This tbqh. Real shame, because when this show was good, it was really fucking good
>>
>>84474247
she only became an angel after she died

also it must be said this was the dumbest thing that happened in the entire series
>>
>>84474153
>Crotchless leather pants
HNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>84474153
Well if you're building a female robot you wouldn't make them ugly would you.
>>
>>84474278

It's frustrating because even when it got bad (most of season 3, all of season 4) the cast could still knock it out of the park. There were enough individually great parts that I could never just drop the show, I had to watch everything.
>>
>>84474284
>The first two angels were fine, but the third one was taking it too far
Why?
>>
>>84474338
Season 4 had the mutiny arc so it wasn't all bad
>>
terrible acting by yung adama f baby and a nonsensical ending.
>>
>>84474362
at least with the first 2 there was plausible denial
but Starbuck literally pulled a GOD DAMN JESUS
>>
>>84474362
I know right, loads of people seem to forget this.
>>
File: pic587493.jpg (56KB, 248x331px) Image search: [Google]
pic587493.jpg
56KB, 248x331px
Adama: We better start making babies

Tigh: Is that an order, Sir?
>>
>>84474284
I know but at the same time, Starbuck's death and the scene where the religious Cylon is literally horrified upon finding proof that she's reincarnated are like, both scenes I remember being pretty great
>>
>>84469441
>Crazy talk, report to the Doc at once.

He'll convince me Brock Lesnar would be hot if ever so slightly less masculine?
>>
File: b5.jpg (96KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
b5.jpg
96KB, 960x480px
Superior sci-fi show.

But BSG was top-tier too.
>>
>>84469441
>Best show of all times, most criticisms just come from Fedoras who haven't accepted that God loves them

It isn't only that. What's the moral? The cylons are right, there's one God, and he wanted most of humanity wiped out? Machines are people too? Did the 'chosen child' even turn out to be important? What was THE PLAN? Well, I do know that, there never was one.
>>
>>84474706
>What's the moral?
History repeats itself
>The cylons are right
No
>there's one God
Yes
>and he wanted most of humanity wiped out
No
>Machines are people too?
Depends who you ask
>Did the 'chosen child' even turn out to be important?
She was mitochondrial eve for the rest of humanity
>What was THE PLAN?
To kill the humans before they attacked us
>>
>>84471361

I wanted Baltar leading the Cylons. They got him onto their ship, it had to be coming then, but nope. Instead he becomes a cult leader or something after a boring trial story and...
More reasons why S3 and S4 are shit.
>>
File: tv and bsg.png (2MB, 621x3675px) Image search: [Google]
tv and bsg.png
2MB, 621x3675px
I miss watching BSG with you faggots.
>>
>>84471933

Nah. AI is most interesting when both humans and the AI don't know what its nature really is. Like POI.
>>
>>84472038

Fat Lee, more dumb shit from the latter seasons.
Including the lawyer guy (Crowley) giving up on humanity because of his dead fucking cat. Seriously, his cat. In a bag.
>>
File: qt_jail_photo_reaction.jpg (45KB, 445x602px) Image search: [Google]
qt_jail_photo_reaction.jpg
45KB, 445x602px
>It's a Tigh is getting drunk episode.
>>
>>84467343
So, uh, what was the Cylons' plan?
>>
>>84474906
>She was mitochondrial eve for the rest of humanity

So why does that cause a few years of premonitions/dreams about an opera house? Gaaaah.

>To kill the humans before they attacked us
So the most basic, one-note plan imaginable? That's not even a plan. Because there was never a plan.
>>
>Thread full of people talking about soundtracks
>Nobody's posted this yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDAedoUZPNE
>>
>>84473458
She broke her back gentlemen, it makes me want to cry
>>
File: heard you was talking shit.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
heard you was talking shit.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>84475409
The s4 opening episode was great. Tigh and Adama at the strip club and threads full of
>YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH
>>
File: seraph.jpg (77KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
seraph.jpg
77KB, 500x375px
>>84467343
Original is better. It was made by TV legends Glen Larson and Don Bellisario. Larson couldn't get the funds to continue it, so we will never know how it would have turned out. I don't count 1980 as a proper ending.
>>
>LOST does the last supper
>Sopranos does the last supper
>Battlestar Gashittica does the last supper

jesus christ get some originality
>>
>>84475673
Well BSG had an extremely religious plot and it was a core point of the story. It makes more sense then the other two doing it.
>>
>>84475654
>Larson couldn't get the funds to continue it
It's worth also noting that the only reason he needed to raise the funds himself is Fox sued Universal claiming BSG was a ripoff of Star Wars and they settled out of court by cancelling it.

>>84475673
Promotional material is made by marketers working at/for networks, not the showrunners. Also >>84475745
>>
>>84475673
Americans literally have no culture so they have to steal from Europeans.
>>
>>84475800
Americans are Europeans in culture.
>>
>>84475480
McCreary's damned good
>>
>>84467343
Cool things about new BSG
> human-like cylons
> cylon resurrection
> even weirder spin on ancient astronauts than the original series

Shit things about BSG
> no exploration - just follow fixed path to dead planet A, meet Cylons there, escape
> no aliens aside from Cylons
> no human colonies elsewhere like original series
> more soap opera than space opera
>>
File: 1476960743414.jpg (2MB, 2493x3748px) Image search: [Google]
1476960743414.jpg
2MB, 2493x3748px
Daily reminder that Saul Tigh is the GOATest of all time BSG character
>>
>>84476147

then he became literal goat tier when they made him a cylon
>>
>>84476147
One of the best tv characters imo.
>>
>>84467854
I don't know the name of the track but one that always stuck with me was that season 1 song where Roslin executes a Cylon by airlocking it.

It's like a whole episode of that Cylon being dehumanized, until they have a "maybe we're the real monsters" revelation, then Roslin MURDERS IT ANYWAY with no fucks given. The music was just this building tension track as the 'good' guys do something morally horrible that is basically enormous bridge burning towards the Cylons, but at the same time maybe they're still right to do it?
>>
>>84476011
>human-like cylons

You just reminded me they didn't use proper robotic Cylons nearly enough, and that they never had cool (any) voices, and didn't say "By your command". So even the good 2 seasons could have easily been better.
>>
>>84474338

Even in the finale they had some great character moments, Baltar breaking down at the realization that after all he's done...he still ends up just a poor farmer, Adama and Rosalyn finally getting their life together for about three seconds.
>>
>>84474919
Isn't that the episode that literally everyone pretends didn't happen due to the fact its events make no fucking sense even by late season BSG standards?
>>
>>84476011
>no aliens aside from Cylons

This was actually part of Edward Olmos' contract that it wouldn't be the case. He didn't want it to be just another Star Trek knockoff.

Should have had other human worlds though.
>>
Seasons 1 and 2 where pretty damn good, but the New Caprica arc really was when the show started to go downhill. Even ignoring the fact the Pegasus was destroyed for stupid reasons (and the real reason was because that's what happened in the original), the storytelling took a noticeable dive in quality after that point, and season 4 was outright trash.

Should have had the setting be the distant future and the Colonies being old Earth colonies that Earth had completely forgotten about (or that just left and didn't say where they where going).
>>
>>84478203
new caprica was a fucking mistake. the only good thing that came out of that entire arc was punished saul
>>
>>84467343
miniseries is good, but it gets much weaker in the first episode of the regular series

the original is pretty good classic sci fi without the cylon clone nonsense. you should watch the miniseries then the original series imo
>>
>>84477667
I loved the finale. That shot of Anders piloting the entire fleet into the sun.
>>
>>84478007
Black Market is forgotten even harder than Fat Lee
>>
>>84478395
That scene is like BSG in a nutshell

In a vacuum it's nicely done and effective. If you think about why it happens, it's incredibly stupid.
>>
>>84478540
>Why the Cylons nuked the system
>Why Baltar never used his Cylon detector
>Why pro-Cylon terrorists exist and nuke a ship
>Why New Capirca was settled
>Why the Pegasus was destroyed
>Why Starbuck literally anything
>Why Dee shot herself after they found "Earth"
>Why anything about Earth
>Why anything about Earth again

You know I think you're onto something.
>>
>>84467343
no it sucks balls but the woman in red is hotter than demon piss

fantastic voice; tits and legs
>>
>>84478699
Dee shot herself because they found another not-actually Earth and got tired of the hunt. I don't know how Dee's suicide is anything surprising to people other than the super-affluent lucky people who have no comprehension of suicide to begin with
>>
>>84467595
> 1st season was weak compared to the next few
troll detected
>>
>>84471671
>Six escapes, which also wasn't magic though.
Does it ever get a logical explanation?
>>
>>84478841
As I remember, Dee was one of the most inherently good people in the show, she wasn't grey like most everyone else

So it didn't surprise me that Earth v1.0 would be a crushing blow to a person like that
>>
>>84479003
Crushing blow is one thing, but 0 to suicide is a pretty big leap for someone who had their shit together.
>>
it's over
>>
>>84473458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIniweFOthM

>when the bagpipes kick in
M U H D I C K
>>
>>84467343
Season 4.5 is why I stick to movies and avoid tv shows. Every one of them inevitably turns to shit.
>>
what the fuck
>>
>>84467343
Watch the first few episodes, and the last few episodes. Skip all the filler in the middle.
>>
File: OBS (01).webm (2MB, 1200x654px) Image search: [Google]
OBS (01).webm
2MB, 1200x654px
>Ugh racemixing??? Are you fucking serious
What the fuck was the white kid's problem?
>>
>>84475654
The comics had a pretty solid ending. Dr. Zee even died after realizing his latest plan was stupid and probably doomed humanity.
>>
File: 966c3988aa4d0d0205a33f095edb339b.jpg (145KB, 790x1006px) Image search: [Google]
966c3988aa4d0d0205a33f095edb339b.jpg
145KB, 790x1006px
anyone get more hard than for Racetrack?
>>
>>84479027
>pretty big leap for someone who had their shit together.
don't forget her troubled marriage wasn't helping anything.
>>
>>84478418
>>Black Market is forgotten even harder than Fat Lee
>The Woman King
>>
>>84479084

i've watched it 5 times now and i still get goose bumps as Adama is going through his options with Helo and they think they're doomed...
>>
>>84473909

i love how all the hot ethnic girls on this show were COLONIZED
>>
File: nicki-clyne[1].jpg (575KB, 2401x3000px) Image search: [Google]
nicki-clyne[1].jpg
575KB, 2401x3000px
>>84480107
my cutness boner was through the roof for cally. there was also the one mechanic that got promoted to pilot that i also had a crush on.
>>
File: Cpt. Marcia 'Showboat' Case 2.jpg (25KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
Cpt. Marcia 'Showboat' Case 2.jpg
25KB, 800x452px
>>84480107
How about Showboat?
>>
File: KEIuIOB[1].jpg (773KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
KEIuIOB[1].jpg
773KB, 2448x3264px
more random bsg stuff incoming
>>
File: vJ5hc8n[1].jpg (455KB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
vJ5hc8n[1].jpg
455KB, 2340x4160px
unrelated, but i bought a bsg tank top and shirt, but my damn arms are way to skinny. seeing apollo made me wanna work on getting cut, but its been a year with no progress made.
>>
>>84480393

Second on waifu'ing for Cally, girl was definitely a cute.
>>
File: seelix.jpg (4KB, 184x240px) Image search: [Google]
seelix.jpg
4KB, 184x240px
>>84480393
>the one mechanic that got promoted to pilot that i also had a crush on.
Seelix
>>
File: j7O9onN[1].png (942KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
j7O9onN[1].png
942KB, 2880x1800px
>>84480637
thanks. she was in so few episodes i couldnt remember her name
>>
File: DrBJqi2[1].jpg (681KB, 2644x1983px) Image search: [Google]
DrBJqi2[1].jpg
681KB, 2644x1983px
i have this plush ad a raider too. i have a bsg final supper mousepad that im currently using. i have the set of 6 mini posters you can buy on amazon but have yet to put them up since i havent painted my room yet. i have the song book for piano by bear mccreary and havent learned a full song yet. i have so many missed opportunities its only fitting that bsg is the show that reveals it for me.

i even bought star citizen just cause i wanted to be a viper pilot so bad with gillian anderson in the single player. it fucking got delayed of course. im not a mad man who spent 1000 bucks, but even the 60 i spent feels like a waste. might give the account to a friend. the space battles in the sim pod were vaguely fun
>>
File: long haired science man.jpg (38KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
long haired science man.jpg
38KB, 385x385px
http://imgur.com/a/CIMnY
i should go to bed. the gf is giving me swimming lessons tomorrow. enjoy life anons.
>>
File: galactica-titaniumdiecast.jpg (184KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
galactica-titaniumdiecast.jpg
184KB, 800x666px
>>84480873

The hot-wheels sized metal ships are pretty awesome and the larger galactica is cool too.
>>
>>84480393
Man, what they did to that character even made me think "jesus chill out with the grimdark, not everything needs to be hell"
>>
>>84467343
Best TV scifi series of all time.
>>
>>84481376
it sucked. i was a hoping she would get more screen time after just seeing he rpop up occasionally in season 1. i got what i wanted, but boy i wish i didnt. season 2 on kobal went to shit then they decided to give her the most tortured life on the ship for no reason
>>
>assert every episode that the Cylons have a plan
>reveal no plan
>make a movie actually called "The Plan"
>reveal no plan
>episode scored by A Simple Plan
>reveal no plan
>huge donation to Planned Parenthood
>reveal no plan
>film episode on another planet
>reveal no plan
>give actors cybernetic implants
>reveal no plan

I'm starting to think the Cylons had no plan.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-j27VHwKWw

GOAT
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.