[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WHICH MOVIE DID YOU ENJOY MORE? http://www.strawpoll.me/13323119

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: interstellar arrival.jpg (45KB, 364x268px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar arrival.jpg
45KB, 364x268px
>WHICH MOVIE DID YOU ENJOY MORE?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13323119
>>
Interstellar was shit and Nolan is a hack.
>>
>>84459765
Interstellar
Arrival was too centered on the twist
>>
>>84459765
The Martian
>>
Interstellar solely for the OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdComTp7KsA
>>
Interstellar put me to sleep, Arrival pissed me off. You decide.
At least Matthew Mysonisgay can act, even if the script doesn't account for it. It's worth noting that Arrival is far closer to Inception than Interstellar, and Inception was far better than Arrival.

Wouldn't rewatch any of them.
>>
Can someone explain to me what was enjoyable about arrival? I can't recall anything
>>
>>84461733
The first hour, if you're into hard science fiction.
>>
Interstellar
Arrival was really disappointing.
>>
>>84459765
>50% of /tv/ are plebs
expected worse desu

nolan is a hack, jesus christ
>>
>>84460021
a bootstrap paradox is not a twist its just lazy writing
>>
>>84461824
villeneuve is also a hack
>>
>>84459765
Interstellar. I was let down by both 2bh though
>>
>>84462096
wrong
>>
>>84459765
>the fucking state of this board
>>
>>84461824
Arrival is awful, get over it.
>>
>>84459765
Arrival went over shit I already knew or that is cliche in sci-fi and so did Interstellar.
I'm pretty sure Arrival was familiar to a Star Trek episode. Mah first contact tier shit that has been dressed up using this decade technology for normies.

Interstellar had a nice soundtrack and was visually appealing (as was Arrival) but I don't think a lot of the plot makes sense.
"lets go to this planet coz feelings and I like the guy that is on there". That would not fucking happen.
>>
>>84462169
no it isn't, get over it
>>
How is this even a question. Arrival managed to not commit sudoku in the last 40 mins so it wins by default.
>>
>>84462472
>Arrival managed to not turn to shit
>>Amy "I'm Acting" Adams realizing things
>>
>>84462766
That's pretty much how it was in the book, although obviously the process was more stretched and I don't think she taught the language later, more like she was fucked up from seeing all timelines
>>
I didn't see Arrival so I picked Interstellar
>>
>>84459765
interstellar 6/10

arrival 3/10
>>
>>84459765
I liked both movies. Arrival was better in my opinion. I don't like the "love conquers all" bullshit.
>>
>>84459765
>Arrival - 8/10
>Interstellar - 6/10
fite me fags
>>
>>84459765
Sunshine.
>>
>>84464342

Why? I've seen this a lot and I would like it explained. "I don't like the "love conquers all" bullshit" part.
>>
>>84464693
Not him but the plot takes a dive when hyper intelligent and near-omnipotent future humans build an infinitely large computer inside a black hole in order to teach one astronaut about the power of love so he can teach his daughter to revolutionize physics through Morse code
>>
>>84459765
>tfw no one remembers Gravity anymore
jej
>>
>>84459765
Arrival had a really meh ending and felt rather undercooked. Interstellar was far more satisfying to watch.
>>
File: photo.jpg (68KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
68KB, 900x900px
They are both excellent sci-fi films.
>>
>>84465397
>the aliens helping them are actually humans from the future
Eat my shit.
>>
>>84462096

>3 great movies and one bad one = hack.

/tv/ logic
>>
TARS WHATS /tv/'s MEME SETTING RIGHT NOW
>>
>>84461698
how could you fall asleep? the music was so fucking loud it gave me a headache.
>>
>>84462275

>intetsellar was a beautifully shot film.

When will this meme end? Intetstellar was drab and ugly and it wasn't even Nolan's regular dp.
>>
>>84459765
I came out of interstellar exhausted and arrival disappointed

Villevenue is a dishonest filmmaker
>>
>>84464947
Because it was a shitty movie, Moon did everything better and on a lower budget
>>
>>84464621

This
>>
>>84465953
Moon was better than both the shit movies in OP.
>>
File: 1497384357597.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497384357597.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>84464918

I can understand what you mean.

BUT, they taught that one Astronaut about the power of love because that's the one force in the universe that holds everything together. More powerful than gravity. It's a very metaphysical concept.

One I don't expect virgin neckbeards on this mongolian finger painting board to understand.
>>
Interstellar was incredible and tv's half assed dismissal of it convinced me that you're just a comic book movie pleb board.

Arrival was ok but I thought the last third of it was the best. It was too slow in the beginning parts
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.