[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netflix blunder with Okja

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: obama-shrug-galore-mag.jpg (147KB, 792x400px) Image search: [Google]
obama-shrug-galore-mag.jpg
147KB, 792x400px
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/south-korea-box-office-netflixs-okja-opens-at-no4-exhibitor-boycott-1018114

>Though the share may appear small, the number speaks quite loudly when examined closely as the film opened on only 94 screens across the country for a total 324 showings. There are a total 2,575 screens in South Korea as of 2016, according to the Korean Film Council.

>Okja debuted on about one-tenth the number of screens of the three higher-ranking films, which are all handled by major Korean distributors that also own the country's largest theater chains.
>The limited distribution is due to how the country's three major cinemas, CJ CGV, Lotte Cinema and Megabox, which are each sister companies of top distributors, refused to show Okja over Netflix's policy of no hold-back time. In South Korea, films are released on streaming platforms about three weeks after their big-screen release. Though the film directed by one of the country's most beloved auteurs enjoyed high critical praise, Okja had also stirred up debates on "death of cinema" when it premiered in competition at the Cannes Film Festival in May.

Is Netflix retarded? Why didn't they just wait a month or two letting okja rake in cash in theaters?
>>
They probably only had screenings to qualify as a theatrical release for awards purposes. They did the same thing with Beasts of No Nation.
>>
>>84456942
>Why didn't they just wait a month or two letting okja rake in cash in theaters?

Because they have a specific plan to push streaming cinema and not support theaters or studios
>>
Okja is fucking great
>>
>>84456942
>Is Netflix retarded?
It's politics. Netflix is trying to throw their weight around and see what they can get away with. The distribs are pushing back. They'll all land somewhere in the middle, and someone will "lose" and make a slightly-smaller ridiculous pile of money than they wanted to.
>>
>>84456942
That's good news, I hope Joon-ho Bong never works with Netflix again and goes back to cinema.

Fuck the Netflix jew.
>>
>>84456942
because netflix makes money from netflix?

cinema deserves to die
$20 plus tip to see a flick, shitty food, snack police that don't let you take what you want, $5 drinks
>>
>>84457409
>netflix offers thousands of shows and movies for a small fee a month
>have to pay the same price to watch one movie in theater

How are netflix the jews again?
>>
>>84457427
who the fuck tips at a cinema?
>>
>>84457427
No one is making you buy the overpriced food and drinks, why do you even have to eat or drink while watching?
And if you really that much degenerate that you have to shove food and soda down your throat to be able to enjoy a film then I'm pretty sure you can just sneak whatever food from outside without anyone caring at all.

And I don't know about you, but I don't have a 2 ton IMAX analog projector along with the 98 feet high screen right at my home or a living room with perfect acoustic treatment and a sound system with multi-thousand watt amplifiers and speakers even behind the screen which has microscopic holes throughout for the sound to get through.
>>
>>84457789
Do you work at a theater?
>>
I'm seeing this tonight in theatres. I don't get it either.
>>
Best movie of the year so far. Totally fine with me if Netflix kills the theater industry by continuing to release movies of this caliber.
>>
>>84457270
>They did the same thing with Beasts of No Nation.
I thought thats why beast of no nations got snubbed, because they didn't.
>>
>lowest rated movie in his filmography

what went wrong?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.