[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best film released in the past 3 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (45KB, 579x577px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 579x577px
>>
>>84452882
i like the niggy figgy donk bonk tweello!!!!!
>>
>everything is yellow and gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit filmmaking tbqh
>>
>>84452931
Guy who lives in a shitty tract home detected

Not every room in the world is filled with fluorescent white light, hillbilly
>>
>>84452882
But that's not Leviathan/Calvary/Fury Road/The Witch
>>
>>84452882
it's a really good thriller about an unconventional topic anchored by a couple of really strong performances, but i don't think i'd even call it the best film of 2014, let alone the past three years

>>84452995
jesus christ
>>
>>84452995
fedoracore
fedoracore
imdb+fedoracore
mediocre
>>
>>84452995
>Leviathon
>FURY ROAD
The Witch isn't even a film it's so bad. Fury road is jaw droppingly cringe worthy from beginning to end. Waterworld is unironically far superior to FR. Leviathon was decent.

None of these films have the substance, content, gripping storyline that Whiplash has. Whiplash is nearly the perfect movie; it removes all of the unneeded secondary storyline. It perfectly conveys the emotions, struggle, and triumph of two characters trying to obtain a very specific goal while personally clashing with each other.
>>
>>84453155
>Waterworld is unironically far superior to FR.
this is the kind of person who thinks Whiplash is the pinnacle of filmmaking in the 2010s

>It perfectly conveys the emotions, struggle, and triumph of two characters trying to obtain a very specific goal while personally clashing with each other.
are you implying that this is somehow an original idea, or that Whiplash did it better than any other prior film?
>>
>>84452995
leviathan was trash

I honestly dont know why you patricians recc trash like this.

the shit that appears onscreen is not entertaining, funny, interesting or good in the slightest. its just moving images. just scene after scene of boring patrician trash
>>
>>84453187
>entertaining
>funny
did you not realize what the film was about before you watched it? not that i disagree, it's a shitty drama the likes of which Russia churns out on a yearly basis, but come on.

also, i'm eternally pissed that it stole the title of one of the best 2010s documentaries
>>
>>84453187
>using "boring" or "nothing happens" as an argument ever
Yeah Bergman and Tarkovsky are also "boring patrician trash" right?
Also nice reddit spacing
>>
>>84452882
>muh sport movie with the strict trainer
>>
>>84452882
Hacksaw Ridge is almost as good.
>>
>>84453155
>The Witch isn't even a film it's so bad
what a sentence wow
and you're not even baiting, just straight up retarded
>>
>>84453249
>reddit spacing
>argument
>>
>>84452882
Objectively - no.
For a sheltered millenial like you - perhaps.
>>
>>84453173
Waterworld is better. Fury Road is absolute rubbish.
>but muh visuals
>but muh guy playing guitar with flames coming out
The best part of that movie is Charleze Theron, who is at best, an above average actress.

No, I'm saying it does it better than any film released after it. There are plenty that do it prior to Whiplash
>>
>>84453321
>but muh visuals
>implying film isn't a visual medium
what are you even trying to say

>I'm saying it does it better than any film released after it.
so?
>>
>>84453314
>for a sheltered millennial like me
They would imply films prior to Whiplash you dolt. I said post.
>>
>>84453321
Waterworld has worse editing, choreography, production design, sound design, soundtrack, acting, costume design, blocking, cinematography, the execution of practically any filmmaking element is worse compared to Fury Road.
Except for maybe the written narrative, but even there Waterworld has a fair share of cringy cheesy out of place moments. The difference in quality is laughable really.
>>
>>84453394
>So?
So, you agree? Then there isn't an argument.
>>
>>84453421
sure, i can't think of a better competitive partnership movie in recent memory, but just means it's the best in its specific subgenre, not in toto. i never disputed that it's a good or even great film, but it's just not something i would consider top of the heap, so to speak.
>>
>>84452882
not quite my tempo anon
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 700x594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 700x594px
>>84453409
>production design
>choreography
pic related

>acting
What acting? There is none in fury road. Dennis Hopper is amazing in waterworld.
>>
File: Embrace of the Serpent.jpg (148KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Embrace of the Serpent.jpg
148KB, 630x1200px
>>84452882
...but that's not the Embrace of the Serpent?
>>
>>84452995
Terrible picks, just horrendous
>>
>>84453442
That was my only argument. I never said it was the best in any way. I happen to think it's a great film, and believe nothing in its sub genre has been on par since its release, which is fucking depressing.
>>
>>84453492
You're picking one of the few studio shots like an example of "bad" production design? What? And where is the "bad" choreography in that sequence?
Also that shot looks and works amazing in the film, nothing wrong with it at all.

You're just defending that already terribly dated cheesefest flop to be a flaming contrarian.
>>
>>84453608
You take the craft out of design when you green screen 70% of the fucking movie. Choreography can also just be forced to whatever you want.

I'm not being contrarian. Waterworld is a better film, with far more skilled choreography, cinematography, and far superior set design. Everything you see in the movie (less the underwater scene) was crafted by hand. The pyrotechnics alone make FR look silly. Then we come back to the plot and acting, which both easily surpass FR.
>>
>>84453740
>You take the craft out of design when you green screen 70% of the fucking movie.
okay, but you clearly don't know anything about the production of Fury Road if you think that's the case. they used it in a very limited capacity for things that weren't feasible with practical effects or sets. the vast majority of the film was shot on location with minimal digital manipulation. in fact, the film's production was delayed something like two years and changed locations twice so they could shoot as much of it as possible on location.
>>
>>84453767
>in fact, the film's production was delayed something like two years and changed locations twice so they could shoot as much of it as possible on location
Fuck, then they should have just cancelled that piece of fucking trash. The movie was just not good. Plot was terrible and oblique. The dialog was cringe to the max. The antogonist looked laughably silly. The violence was too subdued for the type of film it was. The movie just sucked bro.
>>
>>84453913
>cringe to the max
you have to go back
>>
Silence
>>
>not nightcrawler
>not bvs
>not shin gojira
>>
>>84453922
>Hey head, say bye bye to the neck!
Keep defending that piece of shit.
>>
File: fury road b-roll.jpg (217KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
fury road b-roll.jpg
217KB, 1440x900px
>>84453740
>green screen 70% of the fucking movie
You pulled that percentage out of your fucking ass. Yeah there are a few CG shots, but nearly all of the stunts in the film are made in camera and composited together, look up any FR b roll on youtube

>Choreography can also just be forced to whatever you want.
What the hell are you even trying to say here?

>Waterworld is a better film, with far more skilled choreography, cinematography, and far superior set design
I'll give you the set design just so you can be happy, but please explain how is the choreography and cinematography even close to FR? Post any shot example please with the framing and composition you think is superior than any frame in FR, I'll wait.
>>
>>84453960
I forgot about Nightcrawler. That is up there.
>>
>>84453966
>this is somehow more cringey than "In fact, you talk all the time. It's like a storm when you're around!"
okay dude
>>
>>84453913

>then they should have just cancelled that piece of fucking trash.

Your "logic" doesn't follow.

It's okay to hate popular things as long as you admit that's why you hate them, you know.
>>
>>84452882
That would be The VVitch
>>
>>84453966

DECAPITO!!!
>>
>>84453173
>are you implying that this is somehow an original idea?

>are you implying that making a good movie is somehow an original idea?
>>
>>84453321
Are you serious? Waterworld is a blatant atrocious "Mad Max on water" rip off. literally nothing original about it whatsoever.
>>
>>84453394
>but muh visuals
>implying film isn't a visual medium
So do you agree that Avatar is the best film of all time?
>>
>>84453994
The entire scene of the attack on atoll. They have an entire floating fortress, boats, jet skis, and even a plane. They had to have the choreography down to perfection.

FR could fuck up, "we'll just fix that with cgi".
>>
>>84454118
this is bait, right
>>
>>84454012
I've listed throughout the thread why I dislike FR.
>>
>>84454118
"Visuals" are not just empty pretty pictures, but telling the story primarily through the visual narrative.
That's why Tarkovsky is so praised, his written narrative is merely plot lines for the actual "story" to be told through the visuals. You can't just retell his films by retelling the story, you literally have to see it to get a grasp on it.

Avatar is just empty pretty pictures.
>>
>>84454167

Maybe but they're all retarded so the real explanation is obvious
>>
>>84454093
Other than being set in a post apocalyptic world, how is it a rip off?
>>
>>84454198
Without posting some copy pasta, what is the plot of FR? Also, what are we to take from the movie?
>>
>>84453994
https://youtu.be/LoSLZP0e-M4
>>
>>84454148
I just looked it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSLZP0e-M4
Where's the impressive choreography? Jet skis going over that thingy? Where's the better cinematography? It looks like a Mad Max TV show. Almost every shot is a medium close up so they can cut between outside and inside easily.

>FR could fuck up, "we'll just fix that with cgi".
But that didn't happen, you can see all the stunts executed properly as I said in b rolls or behind the scenes on youtube. And like that even matters at all, the only thing that matters is the end result being good.
>>
File: 1498712243951.webm (2MB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
1498712243951.webm
2MB, 640x272px
>best film released in the past 3 years
>not ex machina
>>
>>84454297
I think it's an ambitious attempt but it falls apart plot wise regarding the turning test in the second half

Still it was a great watch and something original which is not something that can be said for many films recently

Oscar Isaac is a god
>>
>>84453492
>pic related
its not like they can summon fucking tornadoes to do practical effects with them now can they, you fucking dumb mongoloid
>>
>>84454230
It's an action movie. A movie doesn't have to be "le deep" to be good. It executes all the action elements perfectly. Changing it in any way would only make it worse.
>>
>>84454271
>Mediocre!
Immortan Joe
>I am the road warrior.
Max

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>84452882
Did you watch it yesterday? Concordo
>>
>>84452882
that's not Nocturama
>>
>>84454348
>executes all action elements perfectly
What does that even mean? The action they wanted to show they were able to convey? And? You could say the same for fast and furious movies.
>>
>>84454332
He's great in that movie. You obviously missed out on "A most Violent Year". Horrifyingly bad.
>>
>>84454447
Ive seen a most violent year actually

Didn't really find anything bad per se in his performance though I've seen it a few years

I only remember the interesting chase scene about the film that's about it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVt_1lGTUcg
>>
>>84454486
Excuse me, he wasn't bad in the film. The film was just bad.
>>
I'm done fighting about the over praised "Furt Road". It had no plot. It's a glorified chase scene.
>>
>>84454510
I can understand why someone would dislike it since there's so much build up and the pacing is really slow as well

but then again it was quite quicky forgotten so I suppose it didn't really click with any audience as well
>>
Is there any better look for a man than a simple black form fitting t- shirt, black trousers and shoes with a well exercised body?
>>
>>84452882
I liked Whiplash but I felt the whole thing about being Whiplashed was hamfisted.
>>
File: smugface.jpg (113KB, 514x735px) Image search: [Google]
smugface.jpg
113KB, 514x735px
>>84453187
This is why we need /film/, to weed out plebs like this. Jesus christ this board is philistine.
>>
>>84454546
What are you talking about?

Yes. A man wearing a fitted single breasted grey Italian style suit with an English spread collar shirt, a double Windsor with a perfect dimple, and Oxford dress shoes.
>>
>>84454620
fuck off /fa/ggot, not every occasion calls for such a dress code.
>>
>>84454657
Ok, than in a casual setting. A brooks brothers polo, Ralph Lauren Tyler style khaki shorts, and drivers or sperrys.
>>
>>84454852
>not wearing a suit made of honey mixed with soy sauce with a light coating of sweet potato starch that is slow cooked sous vide at 60 degrees celsius and some necklace and bracelets made of freeze dried cum produced by eating a diet of cock's combs and avocado skin
t. pleb
>>
>>84452882
T.
Someone who hasn't watch "Silence"
>>
>>84452882
What if you were to give this movie to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.