[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this acceptable? If you break them down the formula is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: jesus.png (2MB, 1677x939px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
2MB, 1677x939px
How is this acceptable? If you break them down the formula is so simple it's basically the same movie every time.
>>
>>84450870
general audiences legitimately do not give a shit

can you really blame parents and wagecucks for wanting 2 hours of light entertainment to escape from their shitty, boring lives

now, what you really have to ask is why critics are so complicit in this
>>
File: 78722503.jpg (441KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
78722503.jpg
441KB, 1024x782px
Here's why it's possible
>>
>>84450870
Because the movies are fun and the only reason to go to the cinema anymore.

Not rocket science.
>>
File: IMG_0480.jpg (15KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0480.jpg
15KB, 210x300px
>>84450870
Know why Lex wasn't bald for most of BvS? Having a bald guy manipulating everyone and who's more interested in marketing heroes than letting them actually be heroic would have been a little too on the nose.
>>
>>84450905

Since when were "escaping into fantasy land" not avalible since these kind of movies came up? This shit killed creativity and diversity.
Funny , before superhero movies were this much mainstream they had more style and characteristics.
Burtons Batman, Raimis Spider man, the first X-men.

Now it became a blend of every shitty "universe" where different characters obviously don't have enough screentime that you can actually feel something for them. Stakes always huge but resolve is empty.
>>
If you ever saw a superhero movie even the raimi Spider Men

You're to blame
>>
>>84451113
right, but what studios have discovered is that audiences don't actually care about any of those qualities you mentioned. as long as it features the proper blend of "comedy" and "action" and the same characters/actors they know and love, they'll go see literally anything.
>>
>>84450905
lol okay Joseph Campbell
>>
>>84451155

The thing I can't understand is how someone can watch something so formulatic / predictable and bland for years and years. It's almost like brainwashing. Funny that if you ever mention this to someone who is an avid superhero movie fan he will lose his shit.

If you watch something that always does the same thing you are not necessarily stupid but you sure have shit taste for movies.
>>
>>84451245
it's fanboyism and nerd culture. their internal critical bias prevents them from objectively analyzing the movie. and again, if they're legitimately enjoying it, who are we to judge?
>>
>>84450939
White people are killing cinema
>>
>>84451291

It tells something about society where the most popular movies are the ones that are dumbed down the most. A formulatic sequences of action and comedy as you mentioned.
0 props in many cases, cgi everything. It's soulless. I can understand watching one or two once in a while like Logan that tries to be a little bit different.

This isn't meant for kids because they are easily manipulable but young adults.
I get it, but there is still something not 100% healthy with you if you are a fan of this.
>>
>>84451390
it's the same deal with adults fawning over fucking Pixar movies and Disney musicals. somehow adults have become increasingly infantalized and overtaken by nostalgia in recent years, especially with regards to film.
>>
>>84451437
> somehow adults have become increasingly infantalized and overtaken by nostalgia in recent years, especially with regards to film

Well said. I would love to know that from a physiological standpoint how does this affect a person.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.