[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to break into the /tv/ industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4039.jpg (71KB, 537x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4039.jpg
71KB, 537x920px
I keep getting told to become an actor or model and I brushed it off for years but now I'm thinking since I get told it so much maybe I should, but I'm not sure how to go about getting in the industry.
Do you anons know anything about the /tv/ industry and how you get connections and hook ups? I'm starting to think this is the one thing I'm good at so I might as well stick my foot in the road.
>>
>>84447420
I wanna be an actor, too. Not seriously enough to really pursue, but I think about it because I'm decently cute and am a unique ethnic minority so I could get some roles for Muh Diversity. Have you taken any acting classes anon?
>>
>>84447420
suck alot of jew and black dick. No lie a jew produce wanted me to fuck some black guy for a role once and im not even white im asian.
>>
>>84447503
I'm in a similar situation but I look pretty white. I did local theatre and advanced highschool theatre, I'm fresh put of highschool so I think I've got a shot if I tried.
>>84447547
I'm asexual but that sounds like a hell of a time. Did you get the part?
>>
>>84447420
git gud at sucking dik
>>
>>84447921
That's lame advice
>>
Not in the entertainment industry, but in basically all industries you have to make friends with higher ups who will give you opportunities, be charismatic. Put in the work, and do good work and you will be recognized.

fake it till you make it
>>
>>84448297
An old friend of my dad's is a film director and I never met him but my dad beat his kids and we don't see him now. I don't really know if that's an area I can get into just talking to one of my dad's old friends, and he doesn't even know what happened. I don't want to come off as using him either.
>>
>>84447420

>going by looks

>not by skill

Maybe you should know a thing or two about dramatic acting, dialogue, delivery etc. Before you take that high dive into a shotglass of something youve never had before
>>
>>84448608
approach it lightly, is he still making stuff and needs work? It doesn't hurt to try. You have to be able to take a million "No's" till you get a yes
>>
>>84447420
I have a mask fetish but holy shit that's excessive
>>
>>84448827
How would people tell me I should be am actress if they've never seen me act before? C'mon, of course I've done stage stuff and I'm a huge /lit/ fag and dud AP lit throughout highschool, I'm definitely secure on my abilities there.
>>84448916
Maybe I should plan a trip to visit him down in LA first? You know, use "on a summer road trip with friends maybe we could get together" type thing to talk to him? I don't want to dive straight into "hmu".
>>
>>84448968
Same. I think you'd like Kaizer's Orchestra, anon.
>>
Got an audition at a "talent agency" wat do
>>
>>84449078
Yea just reach out, be a comfortable, encouraging presence
>>
>>84450040
Alrighty, thanks for the encouragement anon, I'll try my best.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.