[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE VAGUE NARRATIVE LMAO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 7986532014.jpg (72KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
7986532014.jpg
72KB, 992x558px
DUDE VAGUE NARRATIVE LMAO
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 207x243px
>implying the plot matters
>>
>>84440678
DUDE GOOD FILMS LMAO
>>
>mulholland drive
>vague
>the first shot is the camera panning into a pillow

gee i wonder what that meant!
>>
>>84440678
that doesn't make any sense
>>
this movie sucked
>>
>>84440678
There's a difference between a vague narrative and abstract narrative communication. Also there's nothing inherently wrong with vague narratives to begin with.
>>
File: undertheskin1.jpg (322KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
undertheskin1.jpg
322KB, 1600x900px
Is under the skin a vague narrative

if so I like movies like that. thumbs up.
>>
>>84440678

DUDE DREAMLIKE SURREALISM LMAO
>>
dunno about you guys but i love scenes that go absolutely nowhere, add little to nothing to the film (possibly even detracting from it)
>>
>>84441006
Such as?
>>
>>84440678
DUDE LESBIANS LMAO
>>
>le film is le VISUAL medium nothing else le matters
It's a medium visual narration you fucking faggot. key word NARRATIVE. No one cares about meaningless visuals. Even security footage and videos of animals are narrative.
>>
This is one of Lynch's most straightforward and conventional movies though.
>>
>>84441090
the nightmare
most of justin theroux's scenes.
>>
>>84441149
They're not meaningless visuals though
>>
>>84441199
Lynch too often holds the shot for way too long. After the point has been made, it becomes meaningless.
>>
>>84441285
No it doesn't. Lingering on a shot lingers on the point of the shot and can further the point. Also please be more specific
>>
>>84440678
If Mulholland is vague you may just be retarded.
>>
>>84440946
There's a difference between a vague narrative and a movie that doesn't scream exposition at you. The narrative of Under the Skin and Mulholland Drive is clear as day
>>
>>84441285
How long you spend making a point is a part of the point you're trying to make, anon.
>>
>>84441509
we both know you didn't understand it without looking it up.
>>
>>84440940
No your opinion sucks
>>
>>84441185
You should think about things more before you decide they have no meaning. The "this is the girl" scenes with Justin are Betty's way of explaining why she couldn't make it as an actress. She imagines some dark and sinister plot against her is what kept her from gaining success. The scenes with Justin's wife cheating on him and his wife getting killed are her vindictive imaginings to make herself feel better. All you have to do is think about why Betty would dream those things and it becomes perfectly clear.
>>
>>84441894
And does the latter part actually add anything to the film? Especially for the 10-15 minutes it spends on it, it can be taken out and we don't actually lose anything.
>>
>>84441894
In Betty's eyes he stole her love and everything from her so she dreams that the same thing happens to him
>>
>>84440678

DUDE BACK ALLEY HEART ATTACK LMAO
>>
File: 1489493298155.jpg (7KB, 275x297px) Image search: [Google]
1489493298155.jpg
7KB, 275x297px
>>84440678
DUDE OVERUSED MEME LMAO
>>
File: chuck.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chuck.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>tfw too dumb to understand this movie
>>
>>84443415
>tfw too dumb to understand the film was meant to be a pilot for a tv show which wasn't picked up but Lynch got the $ to throw together an ending knowing he could release a chopped up or unfinished film and people would love it like he did with Blue Velvet and Fire Walk With Me.
>>
>>84440869
It amazes me how a film that seemed so random and disjointed on the first viewing made so much sense on subsequent viewings. Pretty much everything in this movie has an explanation.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.