[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats /tv/s opinion on the wire? sorry, pretty new to the board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: 55571_the_wire.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
55571_the_wire.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
whats /tv/s opinion on the wire?

sorry, pretty new to the board
>>
forgettable and gets worse and worse
>>
cancer
>>
probably the best television ever made

this is coming from a film fag
>>
>>84436079

Gets better and better VERRRRRY slowly

Like a book almost
>>
>>84436345
>this is coming from a fag
>>
>>84436649
fags often know more about theater than nonfags
>>
When you look past the cops and drug dealers and realize the show is more about character development and how people try to adapt to certain systems they find themselves in its a lot better.

Its the kinda show though that you might get bored of for a few episodes but it almost always rewards you towards the ends of the seasons.
>>
>>84436079

third greatest tvkino of all time, after the first season of True Detective and The Knick.
>>
>>84437425
>The Knick
I thought this sounded boring as fuck, is it actually that good?
>>
its alright

unlike most people I don't actually like the shipping container union series
>>
Literally the best TV show off all time.
>>
>>84436079
One of the best shows ever made. Ignore the contrarians.
>>
Its the Big 3 in Television
>>
>>84438072
the best is Fargo season 2. The Wire isnt even on the top 25
>>
>>84438028
Nobody likes that season because its dog shit.
>>
>>84438188
i often see it touted as the best season on here
>>
Has probably some of the best casting in television. Even the bit parts and children were well cast.
>>
>>84436079
lots of contrarians but i personally enjoyed watching it
>>
>>84438205
I literally only see people either say that it's fucking amazing or complete dogshit
idk what to believe anymore
>>
>>84438327
I just found it friggin boring desu
maybe that makes me a pleb but i dont care
>>
>>84437973

Well, it is. It stands out visually, as it is shot, directed and edited in it's entirety by one guy, who happens to be a great director (Steven Soderbergh). Consistend directing is also what helped Twin Peaks and True Detective season 1, here it is even more evident.

the acting is outstanding (especially Clive Owen), the story is very well written and the music is superb - at first I thought that someone went insane, playing futuristic electronic music over 1900 New York, but it fits the mood of the show a lot.

These days people are obssessed with nature, all food, medicine, clothes etc. has to be 'chemicals free', 'organic', 'GMO-free' etc. Back then (and this is what the show captures) it was the opposite extreme - people were obsessed with science and technology, electricty, radiation, chemicals, new medical procedures, eugenics.... The music fits this zeitgeist perfectly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDkN7xV3Xe4

If you are a /pol/cuck you will be triggered though, one of the main characters is a black surgeon facing a lot of racism.

>boring as fuck

It's a show about a drug addicted brilliant and obssessed surgeon during the time when surgeons were in the process of becoming slightly less deadly than butchers, how can it be boring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXxDK0s8hL0
>>
>>84438205
they like because its the least "hood" season and focuses on white guys instead
>>
>>84436687
>theater
What an outdated medium. Almost feels like cave painting when people mention it.
>>
>>84437425
Take a look at this pleb. Young Pope>True Shit (series will be forever tainted by the worse S2 of all time) and The Shit (irrelevant shit).
>>
>>84436079
>sorry, pretty new to the board
lurk more you fucking cock sucker
>>
>>84438451
What a great series. Probably the best directed series I've ever seen. /pol/ might even like it because of the eugenics guy, and there's also the gook foot fetishist.
>>
maybe my favorite

4>3>2>1>>>>>>>>>5
>>
It has black people selling drugs
>>
1>3>2>5>4
>>
>>84438493
If you're a middle class guy that season appeals to you, I'm a mulatto and that's my fav. season along with the 4th one.
>>
>>84436079
No other tv show will ever surpass it.
>>
>>84438128
This is blatantly untrue.
>>
>>84439412
>rating 5 over any
>>
>>84438128
wrong
>>
>>84438028
The polack running the dock is seriously the most compelling tv antihero outside of Tony Soprano and Al Swearengen
>>
>>84436687
Fags are mentally ill degenerates
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.