[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby Driver General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: babydriver.png (884KB, 906x549px) Image search: [Google]
babydriver.png
884KB, 906x549px
Holy shit it turned out to be Kino
>that soundtrack
>that choreography with the music

This is what Drive should have been.

Discuss
>>
>general
Fuck off
>>
>>84434720
lets not concentrate on that the movie is pure Kino
>>
You have to go back, redditor
>>
>>84434817
>projecting
>>
>>84435129
>Making a general for one movie
>Edgar Wright
>"kino"
You're not fooling anyone anon
>>
I really hate how badly the relationship between Doc and Baby was handled
>Doc knows about how Baby is dating the girl and got a Pizza job so he can be done with his life of crime but then forces him back in
>Doc asks Baby if he's just agreeing because it's what Doc wants to hear
>Then Doc has some kind of magical emotional attachment to Baby at the end just so he can die trying to stop Buddy
That was dumb
>>
>>84435206
>hasn't even seen the movie
>probably thinks the movie is cutesy poppy shit like the trailer but doesn't know about the how dark it starts to get after the mid point
>>
>>84434617
Why is the name so stupid. Just the title makes me think of a shitfilled diaper
>>
>>84435333
Wow it gets dark? It must be a movie for big boys like you then.
>>
So many fucking problems with the ending though:

>Cops don't recognize Baby and Buddy in the diner
>Baby doesn't go deaf from the gunshots
>Baby gets out of prison/doesn't die
>The dirty cops showing up literally at the exact same time that Baby and Spacey are leaving
>No climactic car chase
>>
>>84434617
>>84434720
>>84434768
>>84434817
>>84435129
>>84435206
I'm the driver... BABY XD
>>
>I baby drive

Jesus christ when was the last time somebody plagarised a Hollywood movie this badly and got away with it?
>>
>>84435333
HOLY SHIT THIS IT GOT SO DARK OMG
>>
Just got back from the cinema. Yeah it's pretty good. Thought the action scenes could do with a few less cuts. It's was pretty annoying having a cut every half second and all in close up. I wanted to see some stunts. Also Jamie Foxx should have put on some hip hop at some point obviously.
>>
>>84435389
go back to watching your pg-13 capeshit and let us adults that can get in to see R rated movies discuss a kino film
>>84435482
theres the redditor
>>
>>84435544
Sup reddirt you ready to suck my dick after I'm done banging your dads ass hole?
>>
>>84435544
>let us adults that can get in to see R rated movies discuss a kino film
Holy fucking shit dude
>>
>>84434617
baby faced driver is shit lmao
>>
>>84435306
This

Also the way Deborah just fucking threw herself at Baby the moment she meets him and they're instantly in love was retarded.

Especially if we're expected to believe she'd wait 5yrs for this autistic fuck to get parole
>>
>>84436108
This movie Appeals to women and young boys. They made a huge mistake making it R.
>>
>>84435333
>dark

Some people get killed but none of it is dark because Wright does it all like a music video and there's no real connection to any of it.

>Jamie Foxx built up as "le total psycho"
Meh he's dead suddenly
>Spacy built up like Brooks from Driven
"I was in love once so now I'll die saving you and your qt waitress"
>>
I am never seeing this movie on principle because of these blatant fucking shill threads.

Lost City of Z didn't get this attention.
Song to Song didn't get this attention.
Better movies than this steaming pile didn't get this attention.

No, not buying it. You are a shill. Shill thread.
>>
>>84436234
I was thinking the same thing.

I like movies being R rated but when you're gonna half do it just for some F words what's the point?
>>
>It has finally happened. I've truly become Baby Driver.

fucking hell
>>
>>84435659
>a movie that syncs the cuts of the film to an edgelords random music playlist
>adult
careful, we got a badass
>>
>>84436261
t. someone who just got done reading the plot from wikipedia
>>
>>84436312
>No, not buying it. You are a shill. Shill thread.
... you really don't understand why people are hyping a new edgar wright film over... lost city of z? ... you confuse me
>>
>>84434617
Movie is 1/10 waste of time
>>
>>84436683
Edgar Wright is garbage. Has been for about ten years. Makes movies that appeal to the lowest common denominator: People who consume mindless action sequences, pop culture references and META COMEDY thinking it makes them more clever than others.
>>
>>84436579
Ok reddirt, I'm done fucking your dads ass
>>
>>84436683
>... you really don't understand why people are hyping a new edgar wright film over... lost city of z? ... you confuse me

Why the fuck do you talk like this
>>
>>84436746
I think you're projecting a bit - yeah he makes campy movies but I don't think people like them because they make them feel smarter than others - they're just really well made camp, what's wrong with that?
>>
>>84436789
to annoy you
>>
>>84436843
>I think you're projecting a bit
Not at all. I watched three of his movies. I've discussed them with "fans". It's always the same "You just didn't get it" It's SUPPOSED to be silly" "Did you understand this reference" "Holds up spork" shit. Well-made camp would be something like This is Spinal Tap, Christopher Guest, or The Trip series.
>>
>>84436843
>I think you're projecting a bit - yeah he makes campy movies but I don't think people like them because they make them feel smarter than others - they're just really well made camp, what's wrong with that?

Jesus Christ dude.
>>
what a complete piece of shit, it gives up on its gimmick about 20 minutes in and then it's just a completely flavourless pastiche of a dozen much better heist movies. edgar wright is for people who are somehow too stupid for wes anderson
>>
>>84436924
fair enough, it's a shame the fans you talked to were idiots, I always thought Wright's films were just a lot of fun and made with a lot of attention to detail, never thought they were that smart though
>>
>>84437078
I thought Wright was for people too stupid for Refn.
>>
>>84435306

>Then Doc has some kind of magical emotional attachment to Baby at the end just so he can die trying to stop Buddy

you're forgetting a detail anon. Doc says to baby "I was in love once." I know, it doesn't completely justify his actions near the end, but it's a detail, and I think it makes some sense. Especially in the context of this movie.
>>
>>84437237
>I was in love once.
Oh well that changes everything this movie is certified kino

>I was in love once
>>
>>84434617
It really, really enjoyed it. Although I thought the third act was weak
>>
>>84435453

>Cops don't recognize Baby and Buddy in the diner

This I cannot dispute, think it was just laziness on edgar's side

>Baby doesn't go deaf from the gunshots

does that actually happen though? Maybe, but probably not every time.

>Baby gets out of prison/doesn't die

did he really? Previous scene with the same look and feel its instantly established its a dream/not real. Why would the scene at the end be any different in that context?

>The dirty cops showing up literally at the exact same time that Baby and Spacey are leaving

huh, you mean john hamm's character, he was in the cop car

>No climactic car chase

His character, while a good driver, not what he wanted to do. Having a climatic car chase scene would go against the character motivations
>>
>>84437341

I mean it was some sort of motivation. You conveniently left it out of your post though.
>>
>>84437465
he means the dirty cops thaat Jamie Foxx started the gunfight with. You saw fingers twitch as they drove off and apparently three survived
>>
>>84437465
>Previous scene with the same look and feel its instantly established its a dream/not real. Why would the scene at the end be any different in that context?

Once it went from B&W to color I took that as a sign that it really was happening.
>>
the cops in this movie were the best i've ever seen. they were at every scene within seconds of criminal activity
>>
>>84438038
Fuckin' GTAV cops
>>
>>84437149
>implying refn isn't accessible
>>
File: 1488952754855.jpg (29KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1488952754855.jpg
29KB, 500x380px
>>84434617
is this the sequel to Drive or The Driver
>>
The Mexican girl was hot as fuck!
>>
>>84434617
>general
for a stand alone movie?
>what Drive should have been
fucking plebian

this site is worst in the summer, bar none
>>
Only decent part was piece a shit Jamey Fox dying like the bitch he is
>>
>>84437965

true, if it did it makes sense though. All of those character witnesses, plus no prior record. This all helped a lot get him out after five years. That's just my opinion, its within the realm of possibility.
>>
I drive.
>>
>only 5 years in prison for all that shit he did
Walked out of the theater
>>
Editing at the beginning felt like director had final cut. Towards the end felt like the studio execs wanted a particular ending and it stopped being synchronized with music. Curious what happened during post.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.