[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is the best /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_nsw3vlYSvj1rfwfq9o1_1280.jpg (206KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsw3vlYSvj1rfwfq9o1_1280.jpg
206KB, 1000x750px
Which one is the best /tv/?
>>
2bh I don't really like either
>>
>>84434110
US version. Anyone who says otherwise is a hipster or contrarian.
>>
UK
>>
Was Stanley cropped out?
>>
>>84434158
>american """""comedy"""""
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kvw2BPKjz0
>>
>>84434158
>hipster
>contrarian
>using those words
Thats why you prefer the US version, whereas the UK version was more tenderly structured and subtle it its approach to acting.
The US version is just an unrealistic shit throwing apefest, doesnt capture a real atmosphere of an office in any means.
>>
>John Krasinkis whole career is built on looking like Martin Freeman.

Wooooow!
>>
File: 1495968882937.jpg (10KB, 325x326px) Image search: [Google]
1495968882937.jpg
10KB, 325x326px
Why are British people so ugly?
>>
>>84434153
this desu senpai
>>
>>84434110
Mindy used to be skinny. Why she so fat now?
>>
>>84434158
US version just highlights the need of Americans to have things presented to them in a blindingly obvious manner.
>>
>>84434351
Lmfao says the 4chan sperg
>>
>>84434413

She gave up cocaine
>>
>>84434110
UK humor is literally the lowest form of humor
Stuck in fucking 1980s

US definitely, UK version doesn't even exist in comparison
>>
>>84434153
100% this.
UK one wasn't anything special.
US one was a joke. Don't know how it even got past one season.
>>
Several character had much better portrayals in the US version. Overall the US version wins.
>>
>how to fish guaranteed replies from europoors
>>
>>84434500
You mean to tell me showing literal autists fucking up wasnt funny? UK office was one of the best and most realistic comedys ever released
>>
File: America btfo.png (1MB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
America btfo.png
1MB, 1000x750px
>Faget OP uses tumblr pic that shows them in the wrong order

ftfy
>>
People who say US are American
People who say UK have taste in comedy

US version may as well be a sitcom, nobody acts like that in real life.
>>
File: 1126.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1126.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>UK version is one of the most subtly crafted, perfectly succinct TV shows of our time with an eclectic blend of humour that you will never fully appreciate after just one viewing as it's portrayed as true to life.

>US version is an in your face, dragged out cash cow of a show with zany characters that do outlandish things and have ridiculous one liners which seems more like a half-assed attempt at a sitcom than anything else.

I don't know OP, you tell me.
>>
>>84434469
HAHAHAHA fart jokes HAHAHAHA weiner HAHHAHA we are american so we are the best at everything HAHA
>>
>inb4 ameripoors defend their knock-off show
>>
>>84434320
Show me a scene this unfunny in the UK office and I might be inclined to agree that the US version wasnt as cheesy. Otherwise, the US version is a blatant rip off of the UK version with just the cringe dumbed down for the mindless US audience and a few unrealistic characters added into the mix
>>
>>84434584

>Gervais posts on 5chins ... confirmed

Wtf? I love Gervais now.
>>
>>84434655
>The Office (US) is a ripoff of The Office (UK)
woah... never realized that til now
>>
>>84434683
What I mean is theres literal scenes ripped straight out of the UK version
>>
I have a slight suspicion that this thread is nothing more but burgers saying american version is better and britbongs saying british version is better.
>>
>>84434110

UK version is absolutely the better version by every metric. This is one of the few shows that is a true pleb filter. I watched and loved the first few seasons of the US version but nothing compares to the UK version.

Brent is a more interesting and nuanced character/ Tim and Dawn story arc though is the best part of it. You feel each time Tim and Dawn get closer and further apart. When Lee shoves tim, when tim starts giving up on leaving the company at the end of season 1, when they finally kiss. That is as good a romance story as the best, and it happens to have innovated comedy *as well*.
>>
UK is an actual comedy

US is a comfy friend simulator

Both have their weak and strong points.
>>
>>84434806

I am shocked that you think anyone on 4chan would be so partisan, Anon.
>>
>>84434110
USA, I watch tv to be entertained not bored to death.
>>
>>84435187

When you typed that didn't you get a sinking suspicion that you *might* be a pleb? possibly uber pleb?
>>
>>84435230
British ((humor)) is garbage. Offices are boring places, you don't want to replicate them.
>>
>>84435281
It's better than big-bang theory tier sitcoms being adapted to different environments every day
>>
>>84434469
That is funny considering the US version was written by a Brit.
>>
>>84434158
This.
>>
""""""""comedy"""""""" shows are terrible regardless of nationality.
>>
>>84435281

ok so this is definitely pleb thinking. This is the in your face type watered down comedy (it actually goes for all art) that people who don't actually like comedy are into. The boringness, and more importantly the realness, of the office setting allows them to focus on more nuanced part of the characters and so to build deeper characters and comedy.

Watch the uk version again, maybe the 2nd season, and just try to pay extra attention.
>>
>british entertainment

I think the only thing those crooked teeth degenerates produced worth watching was top gear
>>
UK version is far more honest and brutal.
The characters in the US version are far too over the top whereas in the UK version, I feel like I know people like a lot of the characters in the show.
The US version is still pretty good though. It really became its own thing but the first season which feels like a copy and paste of the UK version is garbage.
>>
Bishop Muzorewa
>>
>>84434446
>no u
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.