[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: the-matrix-slice.jpg (30KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
the-matrix-slice.jpg
30KB, 600x200px
What went wrong?
>>
agent smith copied himself and threatened to destroy the matrix IIRC
>>
their mental illness got them thinking like women
>>
Tried too hard to be patrician
>>
Second movie would've been great if they cut out the non-matrix parts

You know its true
>>
>>84407679
I think you should be asking "what went right?"

Matrix 1 was a happy accident.
>>
The Matrix left a lot of questions unanswered, left a lot of things to the imagination, and had a slow and steady build where the protagonist goes on a quest of self-discovery and other fancy bullshit literary criticisms like that. The other two were just special effects shitshows and action scenes.
>>
the multiple chosen one thing was stupid
>>
they had bad sensibilities that for some reason people liked during the early 2000's
>>
>>84407735
It feels like the Wachowskis WANTED to make a patrician trilogy, they just weren't capable of it. They wanted to make smart movies but weren't smart enough to do it.
>>
>>84407823
err "fancy bullshit literary criticism terms"
>>
>>84407679

Nothing, the sequels are some of the best action movies ever made and idiots don't like them because the plot is harder to follow than the standard heroes journey of the first.

I am eagerly awaiting the reboot with Michael B. Jordan so that it becomes contrarian chic to defend the prequels which I have been ahead of the curve on for 13 years.
>>
>>84407679
After the first Matrix, Neo was supposed to be a god in the simulation. It was clearly hard to think of anything that could even threaten him, so they chose a horrible idea with Smith and had Neo racing to a car scene for half the 2nd movie
>>
they stretched one sequel's worth of material into two.
>>
>>84408022
Nah mate, there's no way everything could hold inside one movie
>>
>>84407679
Traps.
>>
>>84409155
If it was a 3 hour movie then yeah it could.

There's so much BS you can trim. There's an A+ sequel lying somewhere in Reloaded and Revolutions. Just needed more time in the oven. The original Matrix script had like 4 or so years to be refined before it was shot.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.