[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is like, a good version of John Oliver's show.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: penn and teller bs.jpg (37KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
penn and teller bs.jpg
37KB, 640x330px
So this is like, a good version of John Oliver's show.
>>
It's worse desu. Fedora lolbertarian shit.
>>
>17 episodes attacking Christianity
>0 episodes attacking Islam
>not even a peep about Scientology
>>
>>84407658
kek
>>
didnt they argue against recycling?
>>
Most of the episodes are just finding extreme examples of whatever they're arguing against and strawmanning against them
kind of like all internet arguments
>>
>>84408244
This argument is stupid
>be americans making an american show
>being upset that they would focus on the majority leader religion in their country
>>
>>84408348
Yes. They also did episodes about how gun control, reparations for blacks, and global warming are all bullshit.
>>
>>84407627

>recycling is bullshit
>climate change is bullshit

lol
>>
>>84408244

One of those behead you for slightest insult and the other abduct and probe your anus. Mocking Christianity is a safe choice.
>>
>>84407627
Conspiracy theories episode was best episode because it triggered so many people. The sho.com thread in the Bullshit forum literally had a thousand pages of responses.
>>
>>84408488
Out of curiosity what were they most triggered by?

9/11 I'm guessing.
>>
>>84407627
I enjoy the show, and I disagree with a whole lot of the episodes. You can feel when they are grasping at straws. But its still entertaining, the writers were pretty good.
>>
>>84408529
Yeah, fair bit of JFK but mostly 9/11.
>>
>>84408382
but gun control and reparations are bull shit.....
>>
>>84408667

>gun control
>bullshit

lol
>>
>>84408667
I know. So is global warming.
>>
File: bill hicks jfk.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bill hicks jfk.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>84408588
>that guy in the conspiracy theory episode who recites the Bill Hicks bit about JFK word for word
>>
The irony of these euphoric anti-woo fedoratards who practice stage magic and "debunk" nonsense is that 99% of the time they are running their own con in the process. Look up James Randy's legal controversies which involve hosting his illegal gay lover as a fugitive and the meme reward which was actually in bonds and never intended to be paid even if they found a literally real psychic. Tim's Vermeer by Pen & Teller is stage magic tier bullshittery too used to work over oblivious normies.

I guess once you start as a career ruseman, you never stop.
>>
>>84408726
good argument europoor
>>
>>84407627
It was poorly researched and even when the subjects were obviously crazy they would very very blatantly take them out of context so they seemed even more right. They kind of invented the editing style of documentaries where you play like a ten second interview clip then pause it and talk over it berating the guy for something he didn't actually say then playing a separate clip from a different part of the interview and pretending the guy contradicts himself. Once I sort of saw what they were up to it really put me off the show.
>>
>>84407627

>pro illegal immigration
>attacks christianity
>they make fun of gun owners
>they defend violent videogames
>defend promiscuity

those guys are insane and are pretty much reddit tier
>>
>>84408765
didn't he also wear a trenchcoat and fedora?
>>
>>84408726
Lol have fun getting beheaded by a Paki eurocuck.
>>
>>84408765
it pissed me off that nobody called him on that on the show
id figure somebody in the production would be familiar with bill hicks
>>
>>84411469
I think he actually might have been. At least the trenchcoat.

>>84411603
I was surprised nobody caught that too.
>>
>>84408348
You should watch that episode if you can. It's mostly just a different way of looking at saving resources. A hybrid is more expensive because it takes more energy and materials to make, so to say it's better for the environment is a lot more complicated. With recycling, they basically just say that america has space for landfills, and certain things aren't worth recycling because the cost to make a new one from scratch is less than the cost to recycle a used one. they also talk about how aluminum is an example of a very easy to recycle material, and that is why you are given money for recycling it whereas you often have to pay to recycle paper.
>>
>>84411682

In regards to that episode Penn has said that he wished he could re do it. Recycling has changed a lot and improved a lot. In the US it varies from state to state, CA for example has a lot of infrastructure as well as a culture that promotes recycling and makes it viable.
>>
>>84411436
Only the first thing you listed is bad.
>>
>>84411436
They are against gun control.
>>
>>84411436
Penn has always been a stanch libertarian. I bet you just love big government though.
>>
Didn't they do a show about how smoking was not harmful? Or was is just about how second hand smoke wasn't harmful?
>>
>>84407627
>getting your facts and opinions from ""magicians""
>literally one step above circus freaks

do people really do this? why?
>>
>>84412197
people get their news from comedians is there a difference?
>>
>>84413351
i'd say the fact that comedians are better at reporting the news than actual journalists is pretty sad
>>
>>84408348
i think it suffers from them sticking to the shtick they already established.

In earlier episodes they actually showed how stuff was bullshit. In later episodes, they wanted to show how some aspects of certain things were bullshit (i.e. recycling is inefficient and not unequivocally good) but they stuck to their ranting-and-raving personality of the 'everything about this is bullshit' episodes.
>>
>>84412064
second hand
>>
>>84408244
Came here to post his.
Penn's literally the BIGGEST libtard cuck of them all.
>>
>>84414042
They did entire episodes about how gun control is bad, global warming probably isn't real, and college campuses are liberal cesspools suppressing free speech.
>>
>>84408851
penn and teller said their own show was biased bullshit entertainment on the show multiple times; they even wanted the final episode to be the bullshit of Bullshit, but they didnt get a chance to before they got canned

compare that to current smug le ebin myths and misconceptions meme shows like adam ruins everything that are the same biased shit but worse because the hosts arent pleasant or entertaining, but they hide behind a facade of """trying to inform and start discussion™"
>>
>>84412064
>>84413986

penn came out and said he was ashamed of tht one
>>
>>84414109
the global warming one wasn't really outright denying it exists
they said they werent sure, but that stupid shit like carbon taxes and buying offsets are retarded
although they did jew out and say its not really worth trying that hard if we can't really stop it
>>
>>84407627
No, they admit that they're entertainers and that their show is heavily biased and shouldn't be used to form an opinion on anything.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.