[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDGAR WRIGHT'S "ANT-MAN"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Ant-Man.jpg (110KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man.jpg
110KB, 600x592px
Would it have been better than the actual movie?

>Scott Lang is a petty criminal who has been arrested multiple times. His wife Maggie decides to leave him and take their daughter Cassie. Scott is determined to win them back.

>Pym created the Ant-Man technology but then sealed it away after it caused the death of his wife Janet. Darren Cross steals his company and develops his own version of Ant-Man, the Nano Warrior, aided by Pym's estranged daughter Hope Van Dyne, who blames Pym for her mother's death. Pym then recruits Lang to become Ant-Man and destroy the Nano Warrior.

>Hope has a minor role and is not part of the heist. Once she realizes that Cross is insane, she only disables the security system so Lang can infiltrate Pym Technologies.

>Maggie has a major role and is Scott's love interest. Her new boyfriend, Detective Jim Paxton, is Lang's childhood rival who was rejected by Maggie in their teenage years, and determined to send Lang to jail to get him out of the way.

>Lang's crew is comprised of eight minor characters, including Luis, Dave and Kurt. They all have minor roles. Wright's Luis only has at about five lines.

>Cross has an enforcer, his dim-witted cousin and chief of security William Cross.

>Ant-Man and Nano Warrior fight during a car chase leading to another battle in Cassie's bedroom.

>No S.H.I.E.L.D., no Hydra, no Wasp, no Falcon and no Quantum Realm. Janet is truly dead.

>Paxton and William Cross were slated to be played by Patrick Wilson and Matt Gerald. Wilson dropped out due to scheduling conflicts, while Gerald's character was written out and he was instead cast as Melvin Porter in Netflix's "Daredevil".
>>
File: XDBqc0P.jpg (429KB, 1715x1236px) Image search: [Google]
XDBqc0P.jpg
429KB, 1715x1236px
>>84401942
That sounds shit

>Minor Hope role
>Minor Juan Punchman role
>8 guys in the crew
>Ex wife romance
>Boyfriend is childhood friend trying to send him to jail
>>
>>84401942
Everything Rudd and Reed's rewrite added were people's favorite parts of the movie.
>>
It sucks that Edgar Wright had his project ripped away from him but it really didn't make sense for it to come out and not be part of the MCU so I sympathize with marvel on this one and I liked the movie as is. I'm unsure whether or not I would've liked his version more if he had his way. I usually prefer directors like this to create films with original stories and characters.
>>
>>84402077
>>84402135
>>84402183
>my movies need quips and explosion to keep my pea-sized brain occupied!
Marvelfags were a mistake.
>>
>>84402215
Are you implying Wright's movie wouldn't have quips and explosions?
>>
File: 601631313131.jpg (70KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
601631313131.jpg
70KB, 1024x576px
>>84401942
>Cross has an enforcer, his dim-witted cousin and chief of security William Cross
>>
>>84402215
Your post reeks of virgin, the stench is making me gag

Why don't you just do some pushups, the floor is right there anon, just do five for today

Girls like guys that do pushups, don't you realise that you pathetic numale
>>
>>84402215
>A movie based on comics doesn't take itself very seriously

Gee golly what a surprise
>>
>>84402215
Which director do you think we are talking about you moron? Edgar Wright would be more quips.
>>
>>84402215
>Edgar Wright
>literally "Quips and Explosions: The Director"
>>
>>84401942
not really, the end result we did get was pretty great.

wright's ant-man maybe would be good because he's an entertaining director. his products are usually pretty good.

but no story wise, his ideas and his exclusion of the marvel cinematic u, no thank you. i'm glad the product got taken away. i think audiences would have been bummed and the movie might have tanked, if after the initial response after watching was well it has nothing to do with the other marvel movies. the movie's second weekend legs would have been cut and the movie would fail and he'd get taken off the project for any sequels anyways.

he neglected the project for close to 10 years or something (i might be wrong on the years) but it was a ridiculous amount, he lost the project because of him.
>>
>>84401942
Is this really what Edgar's script was? If so, then I think I'm glad we got what we got. This sounds terrible.
>>
Eh, it would have had some cooler action sequences maybe but it was still a good flick, had more heart than most Marvel fare and i liked the quantum realm classic marvel stuff.
>>
>>84401942
So Baby Driver?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.