[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British Panel Shows Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 28

File: goooooooooooodevening.jpg (247KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
goooooooooooodevening.jpg
247KB, 2000x1000px
Gooooooooood evening, good evening, good evening, good evening, good evening and WELCOME to a British Panel Shows Thread.

Let's discuss some British comedy panel shows. Which one do you enjoy the most? How would you list them in terms of quality or amusement factor? And who's your favourite comedian on the British panel show circuit?

British Panel Shows Thread.
>>
>>84390920
I like the guy that looks like a middle aged high school substitute teacher
>>
>>84391029
that's all of them
>>
>le sweaty cock
>>
daily mail boris johnstone and a couple of slappers
>>
>>84391029
Joe Wilkinson?
David O'Doherty?
Bob Mortimer?
David Mitchell?
Vic Reeves?
Richard Ayoade?
>>
Oh my gawd, the Daily Mail!
>>
>>84391242
TOTAL NAZIS
>>
>>84390920
Not British, but:
I hate that Scottish edgy frankie something fag.
Also that Russel Howard or what's his name "muh Harry Potter jokes, I am so young and relatable to millenials"
I hate corden
Same goes for walliams for his "am i gay or not?" Schtick

I like ayowade
I like 8 out of ten cats does countdown and the shows main cast
>>
>>84390920
I like Would I Lie to You and 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown
WILTY pros:
>David Mitchell's rants
>rob brydons infectious grin
Cons:
>lee mack and whatever jo brandish chucklefuck is on his team
Cats Does Countdown is nice because I get to stare at Rachel Riley give jimmy naughty eyes when he drops a dirty one liner
Also Jon Richardson is underrated as fuck he's the funniest one besides maybe David Mitchell and Sean Lock
Normal Cats is fucking trash only Countdown is good
>>
I know it's juvenile but I really like Cats does Countdown. Top banter and I like playing along while watching
Original 8 out of 10 Cats has gone to shit ever since Sean Lock and Jon Richardson got replaced by "working class innit" Rob Beckett and "i haye men, dont you agree ladies" Aisling Bea
>>
File: IMG_7939.png (233KB, 464x464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7939.png
233KB, 464x464px
>>84391101
>>84391194
>>
>>84391194
Everybody on this except ayoade and Mitchell is insufferably unfunny
>>
>>84391303
>Bob Mortimer is insufferably unfunny
Leave
>>
muh husband
muh fat
muh vagynuh
>>
8 out of 10 cats does countdown is the only one I watch.
>>
>>84391262
Good post
I like Walliams' shows like come fly with me but I think he's a twat in real life when he does Britains Got No Talent
Ayoade is a meme tho he's just a browner Noel "tehPenguinofD00m" Fielding
>>
>>84391320
Okay, maybe bob Mortimer is another exception
>>
>>84391303
Wilkinson's alright as comic relief on Cats does Countdown, but yeah O'Doherty can go fuck himself. Never once has he made me even so much as chuckle.

But fucking hell if you don't enjoy the amazing Vic and Bob I pity you. Their comedy is surreal, definitely, but I love their work (except for that weird sitcom they did recently). Also Bob Mortimer is the best panel guest on Would I Lie To You.
>>
>>84391279
This is a good analysis
>>
>>84391303
>Ayoade and Mitchell.
I like that joke they do where they act superior and make sweeping generalizations about people and things they don't understand while wafting their own shit fumes into their noses. "Lol I'm too smart to understand the appeal of sports! Aren't I cultured and hilaaaaarious?"
>>
File: 1494872202499.png (56KB, 1149x722px) Image search: [Google]
1494872202499.png
56KB, 1149x722px
>>84390920
>>
>>84391506
Or the one where they make banal observations most people would think too obvious to even share.
>>
>>84391262
Frankie Boyle's pretty good I think. Really dark comedy, but I like it. He crosses the line a lot which I appreciate.

Russel Howard and Jack Whitehall are exactly as you described. Unfunny twats who somehow made it into comedy by trying to appeal to the younger crowd. As for Corden, he's gone to shit. Unlikeable fucking prick. No idea how he managed to pull off writing Gavin and Stacey which is god tier.

>>84391279
WILTY is my favourite one I think. David's rants and "angry logic" as it's been called really make me laugh and Brydon's just nice to see there. He was also in The Trip with Steve Coogan which I really enjoyed. Anyway, you put Lee Mack as a con? It's his dynamic with Mitchell that makes the show so great. I also love that he always gets impossible lies to try and prove like being able to smell a dead fly in a room or knowing the day of the week of any day from the last 1000 years. It's hilarious to see him squirm and eventually get angry that he always gets such terrible lies he has to convince the rest of.
>>
>>84391422
Wilkinson's entire schtick:
>hurr I'm a hobo dressed as a magician look at my beard I'm so dumb I can't do maths or letters
But yeah fuck O'Doherty with his lame ass little keyboard jingles makes me wanna blow my brains out
>special mention to Dara O'Brian, that annoying fake mick cunt can suck hot lead
>>
>>84391506
>>84391642
I love the both of them. Mitchell has great rants and loves to pick people up on stuff. Ayoade is amazing at deadpan. He's also uncomfortable as fuck and I'm still not sure whether that's an act or not. I've never seen him make body contact with anyone. In Travel Man he just awkwardly stands around his guest and if they ever go swimming he always wears a t-shirt.

>"Lol I'm too smart to understand the appeal of sports! Aren't I cultured and hilaaaaarious?"
I think Mitchell is genuine about this. He isn't into any kind of sport and he knows nothing about music. And I like that about him, he represents people like me who cannot fathom why billions of people are so completely enthralled by football
>>
>>84391658
Russell Howard sucks but I have a soft spot for Jack Whitehall because of Fresh Meat and Bad Education. He's a lovable posho.
Rob Brydon is a welsh treasure, I can't wait to see the new Trip movie. Coogan is hit or miss to me if he's doing anything that isn't Alan Partridge.
Fuck Lee Mack and his beaver teeth. He has great chemistry with David and Rob but when he blurts out side jokes to the rest of the panel they always fall short. He has that annoying energy of an obnoxious little boy that you just want to smack the shit out of. Plus his standup is hot garbage. Being loud and walking back and forth on stage doesn't mean your story is funny.
>>
>>84391852
Lee Mack has ADHD. I love him on WILTY but yeah, I can't stand his stand-up shows. He's fucking quick on the draw though on panel shows with the jokes.
>>
>>84390920

> stooping to peddling zeitgeist conspiracy theories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSm7YPMQOSo
>>
>>84391923
Quick but lame
Almost as bad as Romesh ranganathan making a "my mom" joke
>>
>>84391951
did you mean to post a different video?

christian festivals are all pretty much all co-opted pagan ones, that's not even a debate.
>>
File: six hard whacks for david.png (258KB, 800x898px) Image search: [Google]
six hard whacks for david.png
258KB, 800x898px
I'm astonished you're all treating the subject so seriously. Let's all point and laugh at David while he gets beaten on the arse.
>>
>>84392044

The point is that all the coorelations between mithras and christ are false.

He was not born of virgin, had 12 disciples or even born in winter
>>
>>84392044

It is debatable though.

Easter was named after the month it took place in, it never was nor never had been a co-opted pagan feast it was basically called "April Feast". The time it takes place was chosen so it could be celebrated at the same time as Passover. There is literally no connection to pagan festivals .
>>
>>84391194
>no Greg Davies, who literally was a teacher
>>
Harry Enfield hasn't put out consistently good stuff since Harry Enfield and Chums but he occasionally strikes gold..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY
>>
>>84391850
>and I'm still not sure whether that's an act or not. I've never seen him make body contact with anyone
Considering he uses a cane instead of actually holding the contestants' hands in the Crystal Maze, I'm starting to think it's genuine.
>>
I love Cats does Countdown. So who's your favourite Dictionary Corner guest?
I really like Adam Buxton's shtick of going through the most stupid and insane youtube comments. Sam Simmons is great I think, but the audience never seems to agree, total silence from them.
The dude who pretends to be Sean Bean was terrible first time, but last episode he was pretty funny. Especially when he "showbiz kissed" Joe Lycett unexpectedly then said "we're done" and Lycett went "no we're fucking not" and goes straight in there.

Jupitus is just terrible, on everything. I have no idea why they keep getting him on panel shows. Yet somehow he's kind of lovable even though he's never funny.
>>
File: BBC.png (296KB, 692x315px) Image search: [Google]
BBC.png
296KB, 692x315px
might as well ask here
everyones going to watch naked attraction tomorrow, right??
>>
>>84392618

How was that anyway?

>remember being amazed as a kid at them having technology that could figure out when puzzles were solved and open the cage to the crystal
>found out years later they just had a guy behind the set who manually opened the cages

Childhood. Destroyed.
>>
Never Mind The Buzzcocks: Lemarr or Amstell?
>>
>>84392580
Harry and Paul are old news, their time has gone. Vic and Bob are the only double act left who are genuinely hilarious.

Armstrong and Miller were fantastic as well, but Armstrong just presents Pointless now and Miller's off acting in stuff. I really wish they'd do another sketch show. Sketch shows are generally hit or miss but Armstrong and Miller was brilliant (even though they overused the RAF pilot characters a lot)
>>
>>84392690
Amstel, always. Wish he'd stayed on longer.
>>
>>84392682
When I was a kid I always thought when contestants were locked inside a puzzle room they were stuck there forever. Shit was traumatising, I would just turn the TV off if it looked like they would be shut in.
>>
>>84392696

Wish the BBC would put out adventurous comedy again. Their comedy is so fucking safe and inoffensive.

Even Goodness Gracious Me shat on stuff like Citizen Khan

>Superman... Indian!
>He isn't Indian, he's Americ...
>Superman runs faster than the speeding train, There's only one country you can run faster than a speeding train!
>>
>>84392774

The biggest mystery : Was Mumsy really Richard O'Brien's mother?
>>
Reminder there's a new Alan Partridge show on BBC next year.
>>
>>84392800
it's been mentioned by a few comedians in interviews over recent years, but the fake outrage and scandal over the whole ross/brand phone prank shit got higher ups at the bbc keeping a much closer eye on the comedy output and cutting a lot of stuff they're so afraid of having anything happen on their watch.

load of arse
>>
>>84390920
>QI
>35% of all the facts presented on the show are flat wrong
>>
>>84390920
>Stephen does more subtle gay innuendo
>>
>>84392690
Amstell. The Donny Tourette and Preston especially were fucking amazing.
>>
>>84393146
they address this on the show over the years, science and understanding of things moves on over time.

>>84393177
it's never subtle
>>
>>84392941
I can see the BBC doing that yeah. Then again, they gave Frankie Boyle a new show where he just cusses and fucking destroys people in his classic way. They're mostly politicians though so he gets a free pass.
>>
Anyone else surprised at how well Sandi Toksvig's doing on QI now Fry's left? I was all willing to give her a chance and thought she'd be quite good (or at least, the best replacement for Stephen Fry), but she turned out to be amazing. It's like he never left. She's already got some good chemistry with Alan Davies going on, and she's genuinely funny and good at keeping the show going. Many people predicted the death of QI when Toksvig was announced but I'm still very much looking forward to future series.
>>
Lee Mack single handedly saves british panel shows, he also created the funniest sitcom since seinfeld.

LEE MACK
>>
>>84392690

Lamarr always did it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIhPsjJzRgo

Amstell was a cheeky schoolboy while Lamarr was cynical and unswayed by popular trends.
>>
>watching harry and paul clips
>nigel farage guest stars
what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FToyZil3I
>>
>>84391337
Come fly with me is the least funny thing walliams has done. He hasn't done anything good since 98/99.
>>
Goodness Gracious me was the best and its not even a panel show.

Check please.
>>
>>84392002
Romesh is a useless wanker. Jokes perpetually about how useless he is at everything, doesn't realise that comedy is one of the many things he sucks at. How he get's on TV is a fucking mystery to me.
>>
>>84392696
Mitchell and Webb?
>>
>>84393879
I would have loved amstell as a regular and lamarr still on as host, but I guess they'd probably destroy people too effectively together

>that time he pretended not to know who bradley walsh was

https://youtu.be/MBoB5dSjYRM?t=51s

kek
>>
File: 1469466916876.jpg (8KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
1469466916876.jpg
8KB, 244x206px
>>84392642
the one who does sean bean and adam buxton are good. the worst one is that guy who always hits on suzie and sings a song or reads a poem to her. i usually have to turn over.

tbqh i never realised that wasnt actually sean bean until you said that. idk who sean bean is other than his name
>>
>>84393217
>when they replaced Preston with someone, who looked nothing like him, and ended up being funnier than him
Completely BTFO
>>
>>84392800
and one smaaaaaaaall aubergine.
>>
>>84392682
Well the woman from Geordie Shore they had on actually ended up being the most level headed member of the team. So there was that.
>>
>>84391951
>Alan answers sarcastically as if Jesus was real
>audience starts giggling because they know any white British person giving credence to religion must automatically be taking the piss
I love seeing this difference compared to US shows. There's another episode where they're talking about convergent evolution, and Alan offers the explanation of "it's because all the animals were made by God" and he gets a big laugh, just for saying something that a christcuck would unironically say.
On a side note, is it possible for Dara o'Briain to say anything without throwing a "ehhhhhhhh" on the end of it? It's annoying as fuck once you notice it.
>>
I wish they'd bring buzzcocks back, but I'm not sure who could host it to the same level as lamarr or amstell.

shooting stars should never not be on.
>>
>>84394171
>watching one of the Bhangra Muffins sketches
>there's a joke about there only being 5 Asians at United matches
>>
>>84394282
>as if Jesus was real

Jesus was real. Call me a conspiracry theorist, but i think their is an attempt to undermine instititutions and traditions in the media. People now believe Christ wasnt real because of the way then issue is portrayed.
>>
>>84394447
yes, a line like that would get a big laugh on a british panel show, if you can get through it with a straight face
>>
>>84394447
Who is "they"? You know Britain is only 30% religious and that's including all the muslims, hindus, etc? Nobody white that I've known in my life has been remotely religious, and it's not because the media convinced them to become atheist, just that they never got indoctrinated in the first place. Do we also leave our children's foreskin intact because of propoganda? Not everywhere is the US.
>>
>>84394094
Minority quotas
>>
>>84394554

The death of religion had everything to do with the death of the family unit. Media does nothing to help this problem as it encourages selifism and material living.
>>
>>84392680
Number 4 could be a potential ladyboy if he wanted
>>
>>84394713
What does this have to do with the fact that God doesn't exist and Jesus wasn't real? Whether or not religion has a positive effect on people's morals, sense of community, higher purpose, etc, doesn't change the fact that it's made up. Religion is not the only factor in someone choosing to be a "good" person, maybe you should target these issues instead of looking for a scapegoat.
>>
File: st.jpg (42KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
st.jpg
42KB, 300x450px
I wish Stewart wasn't averse to appearing on panel shows. He'd make a killing, but then again, part of his charm isn't seeing him watered down.
>>
>>84394842
>God doesn't exist and Jesus wasn't real

Again, it hasnt been proven that this universe can exist without God. Most serious scholars of antiquity believe that Christ was real and the best source for his life is the Gospels. You can debate the miraculous elements or some details.

You gravitate to denial and talk about being a 'good person' without me even bringing the subject up. Your personal vendetta is boring. You are a product of a selfish culture fighting back against the elements which hold back its hubris.
>>
>>84394139
They don't do much together nowadays. Mitchell's become king of the panel shows while Webb's done some projects that failed every time.
I heard that the writers of Peep Show have written a new sitcom starring Mitchell and Webb though, dunno what it's called but heard it airs later this year.
>>
>>84394167
>the worst one is that guy who always hits on suzie and sings a song or reads a poem to her
Nick Helm, yeah he's terrible.

Also how do you not know Sean Bean? He's in so many films. Probably best known as Boromir in Lord of the Rings and Ned Stark in Game of Thrones.
>>
>>84394966
he couldn't cut the mustard on a panel show
>>
>>84394308
Fuck I miss Shooting Stars. Why the fuck did they cancel it again? Vic and Bob at their best.
>>
>>84395014
>it hasnt been proven that this universe can exist without God
So you don't believe in things unless they're proven, but you are a theist? Nice fucking logic there mate.
You're the one that salked about selfism and material living as if they're bad things so yes, you did bring up the subject of people being good.
You're the product of being brainwashed by an ancient sandnigger superstition, You're clearly not even British so why post in this thread at all, third-worlder?
>>
File: AD.jpg (40KB, 364x364px) Image search: [Google]
AD.jpg
40KB, 364x364px
>>84394447
There may have been several people named Jesus. But not a singular individual.

Hitchen's said it best when discussing, why would an all powerful God show himself to a bunch of syphilitic and illiterate people in the desert. Why not show up in China?
>>
>>84390920
David Mitchell, Sean Lock, and Jimmy Carr are my top picks.
>>
>>84395147
Stewart Lee's let himself go...
>>
>>84394966
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is the epitome of an unfunny cunt.

He's that kind of fat bully in school who makes shit jokes expecting people to laugh with a false sense of accomplishment.
>>
>>84394966

He hasn't been good anytime he's appeared on HIGNFY or 8 out of 10 Cats desu. Quickfire panel shows that last 30 minutes aren't really the ideal platform for his style of comedy.
>>
https://youtu.be/3UHroj3Ld0g

This fuckig killed me when i first saw it. Funniest man on the show isnt even a comedian
>>
>>84395131
yeah thats him. Sara Pascoe's bad as well, but she's a qt so i dont mind as much.
and i dont really know many actors
>>
>>84395227
>There may have been several people named Jesus

Thats not what the people who seriously study it believe. Let me put it to you this way; Jesus Christ and his movement is documented within the century of his death (20-40 years). Do you think a movement like that could have come about with multiple people all claiming to believe the same thing. Neither Jewish or Roman authorities tried to discredit Christ in this way. Jewish holy books even mention Christ as a heretic. This is a product of populist novelists with limited knowledge of the subject.

> Hitchen's said it best when discussing, why would an all powerful God show himself to a bunch of syphilitic and illiterate people in the desert. Why not show up in China?

I didnt claim he was divine; only that he was a historical person.
>>
>>84395328
I can see where you come from mate, hes a bit of a prick, but his humour is much like coffee. Horrible at first, but then get into it. Its very much deconstruction and long drawn out stories that relate to one-another. I found after watching his Comedy Vehicle, that I began to really take to him. You really have to listen to each thing he says and how they all relate, instead of set-up, punchline, set-up punchline
>>
>>84392680
This show is appalling, Channel 4 gets fucking tax funds to make this shit
>>
>>84395515
>Prick
Perfect word.
Something seems off about him like he's really unlikable in private.

Whats your favourite stand up of his
>>
>>84395227
Hitchens thought there probably was a rabbi that Jesus was at least based on because of how fake the story was about jesus's birth.

There was a prophecy that said the savior was to be born in bethlehem, but jesus was from nazareth. In order to get him to bethlehem they invented the roman census story that required people to return to their homelands. But no such census ever occurred in roman records. So if they were going to invent jesus from whole cloth, why not just make him already be born in bethlehem. Unless there was a real person born in nazareth and they had to fabricate his origin to match the prophecy.
>>
>>84393879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IR-TMaeh6A

The guests seemed to enjoy it more under Lamarr
>>
>>84392680
>That hip structure

JUST
>>
Panel shows have had their time. But it's time to pare it back to just HIGNFY and the BFQ of the Year
>>
>>84395487
But the entire scripture for a long time was word of mouth, and stretched out across several years. So there would no doubt be inaccuracies and several other people claiming they were in the know, then pass down those stories and eventually muddy the waters.

>didn't claim he was divine
for his sake mate, its Jesus we're talking about of course hes got to be divine somehow!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIfpzV5zLII

You are not ready for this
>>
Why is the canadian cunt on everything now? Her schtick's not that bad but you don't need to have it in every fucking show.

Also that one tall twat with the glasses who acts like some ubermensch ponce is really fucking insufferable.
>>
>>84395483
Sara Pascoe ruins anything she's on. I can't stand her.
I also hate that show with the disabled "comedians".
>>
>>84395814
I had been drinking all day when this was on the first time and it came out of nowhere, I couldn't fucking breathe at jack's reaction.

blobby is nightmare fuel to be fair
>>
File: katherineryan-0.jpg (38KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
katherineryan-0.jpg
38KB, 620x413px
>>84395907
Rules say they have to have a woman on the panel. She's available and better than Jo Brand and Sarah Millican
>>
>>84395799

The earliest Christian documents are considered to be Pauls letters which date within 20 years of Christs death. These letters confirm the essential aspects of his life to believers which were expanded upon in the Gospels (30-40 years).

The Christian movement was not slow moving and did not spread by rumours. Christians were appearing in Europe within 30 years of his death claiming the same essential elements of his story.

Of course you cannot confirm all stories about him but scholars do believe he was a man who claimed to be the Son of Man, was baptised by John the Baptist and was crucified. These are essential aspects of his character and appeal. Several people cannot encompass that.

Its is more likely to claim that his character was developed upon by later writers than the multiple peopel theory.
>>
8/10 fans
Pegged by Rachel or Dom'd by Susie?
>>
>>84395814
>when Mr Blobby waves at Jack and he immediately hides under the desk

FUCKING BURST A BLOOD VESSEL
>>
File: Bondage - 7 Letters.jpg (42KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Bondage - 7 Letters.jpg
42KB, 600x337px
>>84396095
Susie is meek and submissive. Don't try and taint her with your deviant fetishes
>>
>>84391704
Dara O'Brian
>*says joke*, "ehh..." (while looking around nervously)
>>
name a better stand up than lee mack
>>
>>84396088
Crucificition was a common method of torture for criminals though. Even so 20 years is still a helluva long time, those originals could easily have been altered, lost or completely rewritten.
>>
>>84396289
michael mcintyre

yes that's how shit lee mack is
>>
>>84395755
Big Fat Quiz hasn't been that funny recently. It really all depends on the panel.
That one with the Spice Girl on it was fucking terrible. They should also stop getting random Americans on it. The show doesn't work if there's no chemistry. The best episodes are those where the teams know each other and work good together.
>>
>>84396289
Michael Mcintyre

Man is a tosser but he knows how to work a room
>>
I fucking love Michael McIntyre and I'm not ashamed. Relateable, funny and good.
>>
>>84396350
>Relateable

t. Tarquin Archibald Requist-Fess III
>>
>>84396081
Sure but fuck me there's other women. Or maybe not. Just put on Aisling instead sometimes.
Just feel like everything nowadays has that chick, Romesh and that twat with the spectacles.
>>
>>84396385
Aisling keeps getting fined and banned.

Fuck Romesh though desu, such a fucking whiner. Him and Frankie Boyle ever since he revealed his power level
>>
>>84396123
>other than glory holes
>>
>>84396301
>those originals could easily have been altered, lost or completely rewritten.

The original christians set up churches and corresponded reguarly with each other after Christs death.

Get the idea of 'backwards goat farmers' out of your head.
>>
>>84396424
kek, oh susie
>>
>>84396081
i remember reading a comment saying shes the hottest ugly person in the world, which i dont disagree with 2bh
>>
>>84396464
can you fuck off back to bible camp
>>
>>84394282
As soon as you pick up on that habit of Dara's you turn to hate him because you know it's coming. The timing and cadence of his jokes are allll the same.
>begins story, speaking coherently, gets everyone's attention
>speed up story, slow down at punch line
>quickly mumble punchline
>1 second later audience laugh "ehhhh"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>84396488
Hugh you suave bastard
>>
>>84396411
Romesh is really fucking one note. And he acts like the character pulls his weight. It doesn't, mate, just look at Ayoade and see how to have a character and still make competent gags.

Same thing with that tall twat but at least he tries. But he's just a natural silencer.

I like Frankie. He's best tho when he has someone level who he can supersede in terms of edgy.
>>
>>84396517

Assumptive insults dont make up for ignorance on your part.

Atheists used to claim to religion was a way to get people to believe things which arent true. It seems atheists are just as likely to buy anything if it serves their personal grievance with the faith of their family or nation.
>>
File: 111111.png (969KB, 841x530px) Image search: [Google]
111111.png
969KB, 841x530px
>>84391294
i watched it the other week for the first time in ages and pic related was the panel. the one in the pink dress has some disability and spend 5 minutes stuttering trying to tell a joke. really painful to watch
>>
Remember when Paul Merton quit Have I Got News For You, then came back after 1 season because he couldn't get any other work

Remember how Angus was bullied off the show for antics that would be considered tame nowadays
>>
>>84396663
not him but yeah fuck off
>>
>>84396322
Mel Giedroyc was hilarious last year
>>
>>84396793
CROSS RAIL
R
O
S
S

R
A
I
L
>>
>>84396723
when did paul merton quit? was that when he made that documentary about a cruise ship
>>
>>84390920
I want Aisling Bea to smother me with her non-existent ass to be quite honest family. I dream that one day she moves to America and I can make her my wife.
>>
>>84396829
>Merton took a break from Have I Got News for You during the 11th series in 1996, making only one appearance as a guest on Hislop's team. He was variously replaced as opposing team captain by Clive Anderson, Alan Davies and Eddie Izzard (with another two episodes featuring an equal-billing double act as the opponents of Hislop's team). Merton later explained that at the time he was "very tired" of the show and that he thought it had become "stuck in a rut". Nevertheless, he added that he felt his absence gave the programme the "shot in the arm" it needed and that it had been "better ever since"
>>
>>84395147
that reminds me of the story of Robert The Bruce
>>
File: Aisling+Bea+(landscape).jpg (240KB, 1600x970px) Image search: [Google]
Aisling+Bea+(landscape).jpg
240KB, 1600x970px
>>84396839
tell me more anon
>>
>>84390920
>In April 2003, three-time guest panellist Stephen Fry announced that he was boycotting the show following the sacking of Angus Deayton. Fry described Deayton's disposal as "greasy, miserable, British and pathetic".
>>
>>84396695
Fuck me that was painful yeah. I'm all up for giving people a chance but christ, a panel show is not the place for a comedian who takes fives minutes to say a sentence.
>>
>>84396839

>ywn feel Aisling's ass bones grinding against your face bones
>>
File: www.aislingbea.com05.jpg (77KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
www.aislingbea.com05.jpg
77KB, 533x800px
>>84397037
>>
>>84397037
>>84397160
>this is a 10/10 in the british isles
>>
>>84397187
>british isles

u cheeky cunt
>>
Aisling's a cutie but her attitude makes her unbearable. Also her eyes are fucked up.
>>
>>84397187
Hey, once she's my wife and eating hamburgers daily everything will be alright.
>>
Why haven't you taken the antidote to panel games yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbpKYpBiBI
>>
>>84396695

> trump is dumb lol

why is it so cringeworthy to hear brits talk about american politics?
>>
>>84397255
What's wrong with her eyes? >>84397037
>>
>>84397326

they're not gazing lovingly into mine
>>
>>84397326
That must be photoshopped or something. Usually when I see her on telly one eye is like three inches below, asymmetrical
Like a Picasso I could masturbate to
>>
>>84397862
Maybe your tv is wonky
>>
File: isy suttie.jpg (16KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
isy suttie.jpg
16KB, 600x338px
whos your favourite female ""comedian""?
>>
>>84391279
>>84391294
I love seeing Jon Richardson get credit. He's absolutely fucking hilarious, even when he's on other stuff like HIGNFY.
>>
>>84398001

> its a female comedian gets sympathetic laughs episode
>>
>>84398001
She looks a bit redneck-y but for some reason I find that attractive. Kinda like Meg White in that sense.

Her standup's pretty mediocre tho.
>>
>>84398001
comedienne****
>>
You'd think /tv would have a brit comedian -tier jpg by now.
>>
>>84398163
Josie Long is cute in a weird way. Hell, a lot of the female comedians are cute in a weird way.

Just not funny.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cez_90lsDg0
>>
>>84398340
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope
>>
>>84398258
Yeah, the best female comedians are always butt ugly. It's like they know they can't get by on pretty people standards.
>>
>>84398163
She's the least intolerable female guest on Just A Minute under the age of 60. Admittedly, not much of an honour, but it's the best thing I can say about any female comedian in the UK.
>>
>>84396807
tell me more about CROSS RAIL
>>
>>84398258
except Victoria Coren
>>
remember when Jamelia went on alot of panel show one year and was hilarious but then stopped, what was that about?
>>
>>84398742
Had an album to promote, had to remind people she existed
>>
>>84398579
Victoria isn't cute in a weird way. She's fucking hot. David Mitchell is the luckiest man alive.

She can be funny too but on Cats does Countdown she can be really full of herself. Every appearance she's like "I got a 7 but I just KNOW there's multiple 9s there!" Smug as fuck when apposed to Roisin who only gets four letter words, usually spelled wrong.
>>
>>84398894
>She's fucking hot. David Mitchell is the luckiest man alive.
Tell me about it. I want an intelligent, beautiful woman with amazing breasts who's also one of the world's best poker players. Seriously, the woman wins millions with poker. She's every man's dream
>>
>>84398942
>tell me about it
>>
>>84398989
jesus christ, is that david mitchell and VCM?
no way
what the hell
>>
>>84398894
>Victoria isn't cute in a weird way. She's fucking hot
I don't want her
You can have her
She's too fat for me

>Duplicate image detected
>>84398989
lol
>>
File: Untitled22.png (257KB, 542x1298px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled22.png
257KB, 542x1298px
>>84398218
heres a template for when someone eventually does one
>>
>>84398989

that's what having kids does to you, welcome to life
>>
>>84396464
And the idea that they could've stretched the truth isn't a possibility? They would've been preaching to backwards goat farmers, who could easily be swayed, and they in turn rewrite to see fit their new "direction"
>>
>>84398989
So either mitchell is taller than expected or this "fucking hot" woman is a fat midget.
>>
>>84392680
>#1
Jesus, why would a fat dicklet want to expose himself on national television?
>>
>>84398163
Also, do random, non-comedian females who show up every now and then on comedic shows and aren't particularly funny (often the exact opposite) but do things to my pee-pee count?

Because if so, picrelated.
Also, fuck me, I'm really doing a number in the Long household.
>>
Out of the more common ones:
Lee Mack > David Mitchell > Henning Wenn > Sean Locke > Jon Richardson >>> Jimmy Carr >>> Phil Jupitus/Dara Obriain/otherQI cunts
>>
>>84399011
>>84399020
>>84399048
>>84399085
That was a while ago. Recent tv appearances show she's lost her pregnancy weight and she's still looking stunning.
>>
>>84399182
For the same reason he'd expose himself in a public park. Except this way he's praised for doing it in front of a national audience instead of called a pervert and promptly arrested.

Weird county, England.
>>
>>84399273
I really like Henning Wehn. Great on everything he's on. Check out The Unbelievable Truth, a radio panel show hosted by David Mitchell.
>>
>>84399359
What I love him most at is at WILTY. He consistently tells the weirdest fucking stories with the straightest face.

I imagine he's GOAT on that show as well.
>>
>>84392680
What the fuck is this and what is even the premise
>>
>>84399359
>I really like Henning Wehn
Anyone seen him do stand up? I'm considering seeing his current tour but I haven't seen him solo before, and after hearing Jimmy Carr do Drumpf jokes I'm less sure about even more obviously liberal people.
>>
>>84399376
He's great. I loved when he went on Cats does Countdown and his mascot was the World Cup.
>>
File: njbjvbcgf.jpg (53KB, 640x944px) Image search: [Google]
njbjvbcgf.jpg
53KB, 640x944px
>>84399359
>>84399376
>>84399409
>>84399414
>Well....third time lucky they say...
>>
File: cuckino.png (30KB, 559x249px) Image search: [Google]
cuckino.png
30KB, 559x249px
>>84399182
sph
>>
>>84399359
>>84399376
>>84399409
>>84399414
>>84399482
I really like him too. He's consistently entertaining when he ends up on Cats. Better than most of the guests.
>>
File: Lucy-Beaumont-008.jpg (26KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Lucy-Beaumont-008.jpg
26KB, 460x276px
>>84398001

She's pretty funny and also her Hull accent inexplicably makes me diamonds
>>
>>84399078

for what purpose?

unlike Islam, it is harder to justify the conquest of peoples or anything untoward with christian writings.
>>
>>84398163
Can't stand her. Roisin Conaty's my favourite.
>>
File: nina-conti.jpg (279KB, 1180x664px) Image search: [Google]
nina-conti.jpg
279KB, 1180x664px
>>84398001

I heard you were talking about female comeidans
>>
>>84399611
Is she the one married to Jon Richardson?
>>
>>84399667

Roisin's such a sweetheart, I wish they weren't so mean to her
>>
>>84399674

Yes actually, I didn't know that until I checked just now,

How the fuck did he manage that? He must have a cock like a pringles can.
>>
>>84399409
I don't like Jimmy Carr doing political jokes, especially after his tax scandal thing.
>>
>>84399766
The show I saw was his greatest hits tour and he did a lot of jokes about his taxes where he was the butt of it, or is that what you meant?
>>
>>84399766

Panel shows in general are really shallow when it comes to political humour.

If you watch Mock the Week reruns, its mostly jokes about how ugly someone is or how they dress and sound.
>>
>>84399618
Dont be naive anon, you know how power can corrupt.
>>
>>84399825
Apparently that Greatest Hits tour is just a moneymaking scam

>Maybe you wondered why Jimmy has a brand new Netflix special, yet Netflix hasn't picked up any of his old stand-up shows? Well, it seems there's some complications with the ownership rights to those original recordings.

>If only he could figure out a way to go out on tour with all the individual jokes from those seven old shows, somehow get them re-recorded in front of a live audience, then patch them together into new versions of those hour-long specials – which he'd then be able to sell on to Netflix? He'd probably be able to pay off a massive chunk of his outstanding tax liability with those.
>>
>>84399674
Mate you kidding? Jon Richardson is a good looking bloke
>>
>>84399482
Ha!
>be me
>working overseas a few years ago
>other guys from all over the world
>make friends with two Swedish dudes and a German guy
>as time goes on the two Swedish guys keep making fun of the German
>keep egging him on saying "what are you going to do start a war?"
>German guy keeps laughing it off
>two weeks later they keep doing it
>"So what are you going to do Anslem? Start a war? You've lost two already!"
>dead silence, German turns in extremely stoic voice
>"third times the charm ya?"

Germans are funny
>>
>>84400040
search jon richardson height on google
>>
howling at this Jo Brand impression
https://youtu.be/PtLHvZIiUYg?t=410
>>
>>84400122
The manlet meme is only partially true. You only have to be taller than a given girl on heels.

This makes the manlet market be a smaller subset of the lanklets', but it's still doable if you check the other boxes.
>>
>>84400138
>haha people who love britain are so stupid lmao stop electing them p-please
t. every bbc show since 2010
>>
>>84400138
Impressionists are barely a tier above ventriloquists, especially a cunt as unfunny as Alistair McGowan.
>>
>>84399045
this is a good list
>>
>>84399882

i think you'd be better making the argument that they stretched the truth in order to give forsaken people hope rather than to gain power.
>>
File: cztvq91w8aabtuv.jpg (204KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
cztvq91w8aabtuv.jpg
204KB, 825x464px
What went wrong?
>>
Lee macks standup is pretty iffy but put him on a panel show and you just can't go wrong
>>
>>84391850
the goat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM
>>
File: not a racist.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
not a racist.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>84400632
This is what irks me the most. Forsaken? fuck me man, they live their lives, but since they aren't praying to an entity on a certain day of the week, not engaging in different sexual experiences, theyre "forsaken"? If some guy in the middle of the Philipinnes had no access to the outside world; literally living off the land, fending for himself and his family, doing everything himself, but since hes not aware of the word of God, is he forsaken? Thats an unfair cop.

And you doubt their power grab? The Roman Empire dissolved into now what is the Vatican, who are their own nation state. Thats fucking power
>>
>>84396695
I felt bad but really these kind of shows are for comedians, and comedy is 80% delivery and acting skills and she has none, who put her on.

Most painful part was watching Jimmy Carr do that prerequisite motion for laughing he does for a solid minute in preperation for her finishing her joke, and the audience not knowing what shes saying but they have to gauge when to laugh off Jimmy Carr's mixed signals because not doing so would be rude to the girl because its not really her fault she has a stuttery voice.
>>
>>84391850
>>"Lol I'm too smart to understand the appeal of sports! Aren't I cultured and hilaaaaarious?"
>I think Mitchell is genuine about this. He isn't into any kind of sport
Actually he likes tennis and cricket, this meme appeared because he doesn't like football.

>>84400774
The Goater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0
>>
File: 1455295076208.jpg (30KB, 552x340px) Image search: [Google]
1455295076208.jpg
30KB, 552x340px
>>84400838
>And you doubt their power grab? The Roman Empire dissolved into now what is the Vatican, who are their own nation state. Thats fucking power

My point is that it is no written in the text explicitly. Religion and power inevitably end in collusion; but it is not always mandated.

The original followers of Christ would have been forsaken. Their leader had died and they were subject to roman rule and outcast by the jews.

You always seem to jump to the personal. Again, this is a reflection of selfism. Their is no conversation going on here because being in disagreement is an affront to your mode of being.
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.