[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the best films ever made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

There's no argument against this
>>
File: angry death star.jpg (27KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
angry death star.jpg
27KB, 720x405px
>>84385067
I can't argue against it because IT'S NOT FUCKING OUT IN THE UK YET.

IT'S 2017.

WHY IS THIS STILL A THING.
>>
>>84385203
It's not halal enough for the UK?
>>
File: cry.png (414KB, 593x483px) Image search: [Google]
cry.png
414KB, 593x483px
>>84385229
STOP MAKING FUN OF OUR DEMOGRAPHICS
>>
>>84385067
trailer looks like lo fi garage filmmaking shit

what's with the fucking Hype with indie films lately? Some Pakistani comedy has got like 8.9 on RT. Seriously? Not even Kubrick has those kinds of ratings.
>>
>>84385314

The generally shit and uninspired mainstream now means that anything good is overrated. It's all relative.
>>
it was kinda shit if you think about it. cant really care about characters you dont know anything about. all the questions you have that shouldve been unambiguously answered dont. i would give it a 6 bags of popcorn out of 10.
>>
>>84385067
When the credits started rolling someone in the audience said loudly "well, that sucked"
>>
it was an ok movie.
relied too much on purposefully denying the audience crucial information, which isn't spooky and interesting just annoying. its like if someone is telling you a story and they just stop halfway through and walk away without finishing it. yes you may be interested in learning how the story ends but that has nothing to do with your friend's ability as a storyteller. same concept goes for this movie.
>>
>>84385067
it was shit
>>
What is it about ?
>>
>>84385067
I fucking hated this movie. nothing happened for 2 hours and I didnt feel a touch of emotion when the other family died in the end. The movie felt incomplete and dragged out.
>>
>>84386682
This is the most accurate description of this movie I have ever seen .
>>
>>84386682

>IT HAD NO FINAL-BOSS-FIGHT WHERE THE GOOD GUY KICK THE BAD GUY'S ASS SO IT SUCKED BRO!
>>
>>84385067
So the boy was never sick, right? We never see him after he is accused of being infected
>>
>>84385067
Let's make a bullshit zombie movie and somehow have even less happen. No, I'm good thanks.
>>
>>84386860

Kinda what I think as well but then it was weird that they didn't want to show him to prove he wasn't sick.
>>
>>84385067
What the fuck is this? "VVolf"?

XD
>>
>>84386857
thats not my point, im not upset about the ambiguous ending, perhaps i wasn't clear. i was upset because the movie wasn't good and the only interesting thing about it was trying to figure out what happened because the movie purposely skipped over crucial plot points. its like if i tell you i have a secret but at the last second i refuse to tell you. you're rightfully so very curious about what the secret is but i wont tell you. the secret could be absolute shit and mean nothing, but youre interested in it still because of the secrecy and that i wont tell you. the second i told you, you would realize that it was shit. and that is this movie. if it didn't purposefully omit important details there would be literally nothing interesting and no one would waste time watching it.
>>
>>84386860
He had to be the son was also infected.
>>
>>84386857
nothing fucking happened though. you weren't told anything about the characters, there were drawn-out scenes of uninteresting dialogue, and the bulk of the movie was just filler about boring shit that happens in the family's day-to-day life. The nightmare sequences were completely pointless as well and seemed like just an attempt at a cheap scare.
I'm guessing that the characters had to be likable to enjoy the movie, but with what I was given I simply couldn't care less about them.
It's pretentious indietrash which is riding on a wave of praise from pretentious hipster faggot critics
>>
>>84386928
Its VVhite Fang
>>
>>84386972
are we sure about that? when his parents were looking over him they weren't wearing masks, it could've just been a nightmare.
>>
>>84386939
There's a highly contagious virus. You couldn't figure that one out?
>>
>>84386939

But the whole idea is that you are not supposed to know for a fact. Some people like that, some people don't.

I thought it was pretty interesting trying to figure it out and I appreciated that aspect in itself. But again, it's just not for everyone.
>>
>>84387043
no shit
pls stop replying to me, youre a retard
>>84387048
no i get that, my problem was i just didnt feel like the movie had any other redeeming qualities other than the "idea you're not supposed to know". i did appreciate the attempt at psychological horror more than jumpscares tho.
>>
>>84387036
I think the parents gave up after their son died and were just waiting to die themselves at the end. That's why we don't see them burn the body or wear masks. What's the point of going on if you've completely compromised your morals and lost your son?
>>
>>84386993
wew lad.
>>
>>84387036

He's talking about the little boy I think.
>>
>>84387094
It's a super low budget spooker. The dream sequences where nice and the entire idea of not knowing what's true is great in a time when you have films explaining plot points three times over.
The film had all the important information you just had to put it together.
>>
>Watches The VVitch once
>>
>>84385314
This is the stupidest post on /tv/
>>
>>84386820
That's because you're a sociopath anon
>>84386993
The movie had problems but if you think the dream sequences were pointless you're a dumbass
>>
>>84387036
Yea cause they are infected from being isolated with the kid silly
>>
>>84387048
It's interesting trying to figure shit out until the movie ends with no monster and you're like wow awesome and don't care anymore
>>
>>84387851
Why would there be a monster?
Asking for a pleb.
>>
>>84386814
some disease kills a bunch of people and this family lives in the middle of nowhere
they catch a guy breaking in and after quarantining him decide to get him and bring back his family
then more events happen and the movie ends
if you're looking for a similar movie that focuses more on the disease go watch contagion instead
>>
>>84387445
There was never a point where I didn't know what was happening anon
You can easily tell when something was a dream.

If you think that kid went out into the woods at fucking night and somehow found the dog and brought it back and didn't tell anyone and thus killed his parents indirectly you're a fucking moron.

Movie was good for top tier paranoia in apocalypse shit but it's still a zombie movie without a zombie
>>
File: 1498011269431.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498011269431.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
So what killed the dog?
>>
what movie
>>
>>84385314
>what's with the fucking Hype with indie films lately?
Maybe commercial films not being distinguishable from advertisements?
>>
>>84387961
The black son obviously was the one do all of that. But he also infected the little kid. It's fairly obvious.
>>
>dog dying
won't get my money
>>
I wish they explained the red door and what was behind it.
>>
>Nothing cums at night

Shit movie.
>>
Riley Keough is super hot.
>>
>>84388007
it
>>
Literally the most unnecessary bullshit: the movie. Why do people pretend to analyze this movie like it was some type of revolutionary film. Aside from some good cinematography it was complete dogshit. I even knew that halfway in the movie don't know why I didn't walk out.
>>
>>84388171
but did it come at night?
>>
>>84387893
Because the whole movie is building up to this idea is the infected, you first see it with the grandpa in the dream and the dream with the father and his bloody eyes, you think we're finally gonna see one when will breaks in but it turn out to be a cop out, then every time they go outside youre waiting to see one, when Travis finds the door open you're like "OK, we definitely are gonna see one now" and it's just the dog that inexplicably got back in and is bleeding all over the place.

The whole part where Travis runs into the woods after the dog is all building up to you seeing what he sees and you never do and is fucking lame. The movie had me tense as fuck but I have little interest in seeing it again
>>
>>84388024
The only thing obvious is that you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>84388714
Go on prove it.
>>
>>84388691
Seeing a zombie or some "infected" would have ruined the film.
Plus given the budget whatever they made would have been lame.
It's better to not see it, plus I took the outside threat to be more raiders, like the people who attacked them.
>>
>>84388743
You're the one with something to prove, retard
>>
>>84388902
That's incorrect, showing an infected COULD have ruined the movie but they already had God tier tension, they were just too scared to blow it so instead u walk away with blue balls.

You can't tell me there was NO way to show infected and not make it work, that's bullshit, you're gonna tell me monsters ruin a horror movie now? Fuck out of here

The father explicitly mentions infected to be a threat and we see them in the dreams, they would have worked and they could have been scary as fuck

Instead we just got MAN IS TRULY THE SCARIEST MONSTER and it was a lil dissapointing
>>
>>84389246
I'm saying given the budget the infected would have just looked like the grandpa and not really have been effective.
IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE it's better not to show a zombie man at the end so that the tension sticks with you.
Brining in some infected zombie would have made the film just devolve into the same shit we've seen hundreds of time in other zombie movies.
Also I think the father mentions infection, and the dreams are just dreams.
>>
>>84389342
You're just giving excused.

I don't care how small the budget was, when did infected suddenly become a huge cgi bill?

28 days later has a scene where dozens of infected fill a tunnel and because they're all faceless I'm sure it was cheap as fuck

It all depends on how they did it. Saying slowing one, whether halfway, or right at the end, would have made the movie devolve into every zombie movie, when it ended up devolving into every survivalist movie, is a bitch cop out
>>
>>84389606
Except 28 Days Later is based around it being a zombie movie.
This movie is based around paranoia and the unknown.

What would having a zombie at the end do?
Oh noes a zombie burst into the room and is eating us argggghhhh.

It's an unnecessary element for the movie.
>>
It isn't very good. Being ambiguous doesn't make a movie good. This movie does everything that other movies have already done but a lot worse and of all the movies people could latch onto to praise I don't know why this is the one getting it. The technical side of things was good but the story was like something a 14 year old would write, complete with being obnoxiously underdeveloped in every way and seeming to pull in a million different directions without committing to any of them so you're left with a bunch of half baked ideas and a mediocre movie.
>>
>>84389700
Again you're just copping out. There are ways to incorporate infected. I didn't say WHY DIDN'T A ZOMBIE BURST THROUGH A WINDOW (even though all the windows are boarded up).

If you're just gonna argue like an idiot what's the point.

>28 days later is about zombies and not about fear, paranoia and isolation at all
>this movie is only about paranoia and fear and has nothing to do with the idea of infected zombie people.
Lol
>>
>>84386682
well said
>>
File: 1498204299079.jpg (23KB, 418x405px) Image search: [Google]
1498204299079.jpg
23KB, 418x405px
>>84385067
>film says nothing
Wow dude best film ever am I right?
>>
>>84386682
I would adjust the metaphor to be more like when you're listening to a story and things don't quite add up, and then suddenly your friend says "oh, wait, I didn't tell you about ___, that's the part you're missing."

I enjoyed the movie, but dropping a few nuggets of information earlier and leaving another clue or two in the visuals would have been nice. I guess the idea is that we should be just as tense and bewildered as the characters, like in Blair Witch Project.
>>
If they're not going to show what's behind the red door, nor have tension rise from the family wanting to know what's behind it, why even introduce it
>>
>>84386860
He was sick. Most sensible thing I've read is that it went grandpa->doggo->Travis->Andrew->likely all 4 parents
>>
You people said the same thing about Bone Tomahawk and The Void.

Why do I get the feeling if I watch this it will just be another shitty zombie movie?
>>
>>84391430
It isn't a zombie movie. It's not an anything movie. The plot introduces a bunch of things and never follows up on them and apparently this makes it an amazing movie for some people because it's "unconventional" even if it isn't good.
>>
torrents where?
>>
A24 is the best studio in the world
>>
>>84391430
Is another shitty zombie movie but without the zombies
>>
>>84385067
I was really enjoying it, but the projectionist forgot to load one of the reels or something. Cut straight to credits shortly after the white family died. Then the manager refused my refund. What a load of crap.
>>
>>84387043
Prove there was a contagious virus. Prove that any of the sick people became sick through contact with another sick person.
>>
>>84391760
Weird, my theatre had the same problem.
>>
>>84385067
>There's no argument against this

WRONG
>>
>Long shots of still hallways and up close sad faces
>Nothing ever actually comes at night
>Le Realism man is the real monster
>Everyone's actions are incredibly predictable
>>
It Comes At Night is a great pleb filter - because I know the people that like it are idiots who think a well shot movie is good just because it's well shot.
>>
>>84390618
Nice reading comprehension retardo.

How would you incomperate an infected person without it just being a stupid zombie trope? I'm saying there's little point when it's been done a million times and imho this film didn't need it.

>28 Days is about zombies therefore it makes sense for there to be zombies at every point.
>hur fur he didn't mention other stuff so he doesn't think it's in there.
>It Comes at Night is about viral infection and paranoia.
>Hur dur why wasn't there zombies shoe horned in.
>>
>>84392480
Everything in this movie has been done a million times before, but better.
>>
>>84392330
Is the witch good? What can you compare it to? I've been thinking about watching it.
>>
>>84392567
>what can it compare to
dunno, haven't personally seen anything that similar. maybe an older folk movie?
>is the witch good
yea, at the absolute least it is worth watching. Even if you don't like the plot or story, everything else is great
>>
>>84392602
But is it spoopy?
>>
>>84392567
The closest anyone has come to making The Shining

>>84392619
No jump scares, but one part in particular scared me in the dark theater
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.