[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of Boyhood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Boyhood_film.jpg (92KB, 282x398px) Image search: [Google]
Boyhood_film.jpg
92KB, 282x398px
What does /tv/ think of Boyhood?
>>
pretty good

i liked the sense of impending doom throughout the film. really gave off that teen angst feel
>>
File: 1487152319480.jpg (124KB, 979x825px) Image search: [Google]
1487152319480.jpg
124KB, 979x825px
It's like watching a Millennial for 12 years, with all the enjoyment you'd expect from that commitment.
>>
>>84383071
Kino if you can relate to it
>>
I'm a white male born in the early 90s so yes
>>
>>84383071
It's a good average flick. It's no more than that.
>>
>>84383071
Its not impressive when you realize that a majority of the production time was just spent waiting for everyone to get older.
>>
>>84383126
this
>>
>>84383071
not good, obvious gimick
>>
Zero plot, just a random series of scenes strung together, using the 12 year gimmick as a crutch.
>>
RLMcucks made it popular to hate it
>>
>>84383126
Kinda this. Never been on the situations shown, but the kids personality was very close to mine and it felt good.
>>
non whites hate it
>>
cool in theory, the actor who played the main kid character was shit though so it kinda took me out of it. also boring and i haven't thought about it since i watched it quite awhile back
>>
If it hadn't been filmed over 12 years I would have thought it was a rough script awkwardly slapped together as quickly as possible.

The only thing filming it over 12 years did was eliminate that as an excuse.
>>
>>84383071
Boringasfuckhood.
>>
>>84383071
It's gimmicky shit
>>
>took 12 years to make
>might take me 12 years to watch it
It's been on my list forever, just never feel like watching it.
>>
>>84383071
It took around a dozen years to be executed
>>
strangely cynical for linklater, at times it feels like he lacks any respect for the audience (especially in scenes where it seems like the film is going to follow a traditional, common "movie" narrative but then a fake out happens).

treats growing up like a video game where you level up, once the main character enters his teenage years he stops having any depth, feels like a self-insert by linklater

not sure what the movie is trying to say, at times it contradicts itself final scene with the mother where she claims that "not a lot happens in life" despite the fact she started out as a single mom without an education but by the end of the movie she's a college professor
>>
I'm sorry, I thought there would be more.
>>
>>84385597
Wow! Nothing's ever taken that long to be executed
>>
>>84383126
"Relating" is such a stupid surface-level argument for understanding/appreciating any artform.
You can relate completely to a certain character with the film still being complete utter dogshit.
>>
>>84383898
>Zero plot, just a random series of scenes strung together
definition of true kino
>>
File: soulja boy up in it.png (626KB, 1000x542px) Image search: [Google]
soulja boy up in it.png
626KB, 1000x542px
SOULJA BOY OFF IN THIS HOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WATCH ME CRANK IT WATCH ME ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL
WATCH ME CRANK THAN SOULJA BOY THEN SUPERMEN THAT HOE
NOW WATCH ME YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>84383071

The kid grew into a cunt and his grilfriend realized she could do much better. The movie was aimles.
>>
>>84383071
It's decent, but doesn't nearly live up to the hype. Not even Linklater's best by a longshot.
>>
>>84383126
So it is kino if you are a pampered little cunt.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.