[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Silent Hill a good movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: silenthill.jpg (93KB, 280x415px) Image search: [Google]
silenthill.jpg
93KB, 280x415px
Is Silent Hill a good movie?
>>
i wish i was the janitor
>>
the visual style of the movie is ok, it's not badly made, but the adaptation of the story is very underwhelming which for me made the movie seem really aimless and weird

all in all no it's definitely not good
>>
>>84380784
As a kid who grew up on PS1's harry mason silent hill, I'd say we were thoroughly entertained by it. Solid 7.5/10
>>
Yeah. Really great atmosphere. Annoying Andrea from Walking Dead is in it except I dig the butch cop thing and want her to fuck me. The cult lady is hilarious. Seeing Andrea get beat with pipes is hilarious. Pyramid Head skinning the girl is hilarious. Sean Bean looks around.
>>
>>84380784
it's a shit movie
but graded on the vidya adaptation scale, it's fuckin awesome, dude
>>
Movie goes completely off the rails to shit half way through.
>>
>>84381712
I agree with you about everything, but it was still a terrible movie.
>>
it's comfy.
>>
It has dreadful sirens and rapidly aging buildings and little volcanic ash marshmallow children, too.
>>
>>84381712
I thought the skinned girl bit was pretty hot, but not as hot as the hostel 2 bath scene though.
>>
It's one of the better game adaptations but I wish they'd captured more of the creepy small town cult feel of the game instead of the town being a nightmare hell hole. I really think it'd make a better TV series. SH is all about the characters and how they're projected into the town and I feel like the film missed that.
>>
>>84380784
I haven't played the games but I have heard it is actually a good adaptation that fans of the games like. Which makes it weird because the sequel is apparently a horrible adaptation that the despise.
>>
File: 1_(1)-10.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1_(1)-10.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>84382069

I liked the original and the second is an abortion. Absolutely shit all over the good will from the first one.
>>
>>84382069
>>84382081
Pretty much I agree with this. I've played all the games up until Homecoming and I liked the first movie, thought it encompassed the games well enough. The second is awful: no discernible plot, le epic pyramid head fight and Kit Harrington's gormless fucking expression throughout.
Funnily enough Sean Bean doesn't die in this one even though he's playing a character that's supposed to die in the games.
>>
File: 2017_06_28_10_46_56.jpg (46KB, 960x450px) Image search: [Google]
2017_06_28_10_46_56.jpg
46KB, 960x450px
>>84382070

>tfw no Jodelle Heather

Why
>>
>>84381712
It is a pretty funny flick now that I think about it.
My favorite part is when Andrea exclaims "What the fuck is going on?!"
The little girl screaming Silent Hill at the start.
The reveal of those cartoony looking horns on top of the church.
When the drums kick in as the other survivors are running to the church.
The reveal of Lisa's bloody eyes.
Forcing the little girl to watch Andrea getting cooked to death.
That one henchman that looks like some dude from an old Hollywood terror picture getting shredded with barb wire.

The movie sucks. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in complete denial that Mortal Kombat is and will always be the only "good" video game movie.
>>
>>84382069
It was a good adaptation, mostly, until the dark and twisted little girl totally kicks the shit out of the evil organized religion fuck you mom and dad hot topic.
>>
File: hqdefault (6).jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>84382284

I forgot how shit the Lisa reveal was. I don't know how you fuck that up so badly when it was so effective in the game twenty years ago.
>>
Creepy as fuck
>>
Nowhere as good as the game. Harry had a hard life.
>>
File: 791575.jpg (62KB, 800x483px) Image search: [Google]
791575.jpg
62KB, 800x483px
SH2 is canon. Psychological thriller purgatory for your mind > magical cult.
>>
File: literalrape.png (1MB, 1560x1111px) Image search: [Google]
literalrape.png
1MB, 1560x1111px
>>84382804
When will we finally see Angela's boss fight come to the big screen?
>>
>>84382969
was it rape?
>>
File: 1450238776813.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450238776813.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>84382196
>tfw she will never be your qt nerdy gf
>>
>>84382804
I thought the story was that cult shit happened and that made silent hill the crazy psychological mind purgatory place, because of little girl punishing cult psychos.
>>
File: IMG_0074.jpg (82KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
82KB, 256x361px
Was this a good game?
>>
>>84383721

Alessa's psychic shitstorm in 1 is definitely the reason for most of the supernatural stuff in 2 but the game only makes brief references to that in newspapers/books etc
>>
>>84383745
Yes.
>>
>in the second movie they turned pyramid head into a fucking good guy
>>
>>84383745
yup.
and so was 2.
3 was pure cancer tho
>>
>>84380784
>i'm gonna take my daughter to the town in her nightmares-tier
>>
>>84383061
In this case, yes, it was rape.
>>
Are you a good movie?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6F0pcSSqSo
No. You aren't.
>>
Pyramid Head ripping that chick's skin off was the last good thing to happen to Silent Hill.
>>
>>84382804
All you'd have to do is make a movie that's mostly loyal to SH2 and it would have been perfect.

Really, SH2 is probably the best story done in a video game, it's a shame they couldn't just straight up port it to the movie.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.