[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just marathoned this with no bathroom breaks, what did I think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: hail-caesar-mondo-poster[1].jpg (354KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
hail-caesar-mondo-poster[1].jpg
354KB, 1200x1800px
Just marathoned this with no bathroom breaks, what did I think of it?
>>
>>84378299
you thought it was great except for Channing Tatum
>>
Very funny and great film underrated
>>
>>84378375
I don't know, he seemed exactly as bland as the rest of the movie.
>>
>>84378412
if you're too dumb to note the historical parallels, homage, and references then that's your problem
>>
>>84378299
Good film. Soviet sub part was the best scene.
>>
>>84378299
I dont like it that much. It seems like a shallow coen brothers film. The whole gay thing felt really weak.
>>
>>84378783
That was probably a reference to closeted gays like Cole Porter in the film industry of that era. The same with the marxists.
>>
>>84378809
Fair. It probably deserves a rewatch once i have a better barring of the context/references and what not
>>
>>84378710
Oh I get it, the connections and fleshing out of the world within the movie as a sort of time capsule for old hollywood was nice. I just thought it was some tasty frosting on an overall bland cake.
>>
>>84378299
Without understanding a lot of the references, felt it was pretty weak compared to other Coen's films
>>
>>84378299
I enjoyed it but I'm a dumb NEET millenial so I'm sure 90% of it went over my head. Now that I think about it I don't even know what it's about. Someone should bogpill us
>>
>>84378299
One of the Coen's worst. More of a loosely connected bunch of sketches that don't really add up to something greater, especially when some of them work but most of them are pretty flat. Tone's wonky too.
>>
It was okay, definitely not their best.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.