[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How butthurt is/ /tv/ about this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
How butthurt is/ /tv/ about this
>>
>>84377880
Very. Idris Elba should've played the kid too.
>>
King is overrated garbage so why would I care they've butchered an adaptation of his with niggery? I'll watch McConaughey on Youtube though
>>
>>84377880
It's the most reddit book series after GoT. Couldn't care less.
>>
/tv/ hasn't gotten over the fact that black people exist, let alone the fact that they're in movies.
>>
>>84377880
I've decided I won't bother seeing it and move on with my life, so I'm not that butthurt about it I suppose.
>>
>>84377907
fpbp
>>
>>84377880
can't wait to see how they'll insert susannah to get blacked
>>
>the dark tower
>idris alba is black, tall
bravo
>>
>>84377880
Not really since it's going to bomb
>>
>>84377880
I never read the books so I really don't care. I think Idris is a good actor though.
>>
>>84377880
Not very. The book series was total fucking garbage anyway and I don't understand how anyone would even be upset about this.
>>
>>84377880
DAE wish Idris Elba was their dad haha
>>
>>84377880
>not The BLACKED Tower
>>
>>84377880
>the blue eyed cowboy
>some black guy
?
>>
>>84377880
There's no point anymore, it's already too far along. Most SK adaptions are trash anyway.
>>
>>84377880
I'm not going to watch it if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>84377880
I'm prepared to reserve judgment until I see it... but it doesn't look good.

This is different than making Shadow Moon from American Gods black, The Gunslinger was supposed to be a Clint Eastwood looking guy. And a lot of the old black woman's interactions with him are intially based on this.

Shadow Moon worked because that character was essentially a blank audience surrogate, but Roland has a strong personality that cannot and should not be "urbanized".

And from what little I've seen of Elba, I don't like him, he's a very in-your-face black which is sort of the opposite of what I think when I think of Roland the Gunslinger.

I want it to be good, I'm prepared to judge it on its own merit, but expectations are not high.
>>
All female reboot when?
>>
>>84377937
>DT series protagonist is white
> (((Hollywood))) makes him black for ambiguous reasons
>SJWs dont scream "blackwashing!"

Its fine though, weak stupid white people are letting this happen so its what they deserve.
>>
>>84378202
>This is different than making Shadow Moon from American Gods black, The Gunslinger was supposed to be a Clint Eastwood looking guy. And a lot of the old black woman's interactions with him are intially based on this.

Thanks anon. This has been said since casting and nobody listened, even King. So fuck 'em and their equal opportunity bullshit.
>>
Pretty top tier lib trolling by King the guys ruining one of his top 3 works just to piss off Trump fans I'm Def triggered not gonna lie
>>
>>84378202
Most of Suzanna and Roland's initial interactions come from the fact that he looks like a white Clint Eastwood and she's a black woman who lived through segregation in the deep south (if I remember right). After a while they become cool with each other, but there's drama at first.

I'm willing to bet they're going to have Suzanna be an old prejudiced white woman... willing to bet that they've re-arranged the casting *specifically* for this narrative.
>>
File: 1496976367647.jpg (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496976367647.jpg
165KB, 640x480px
> nuanced and intricately plotted series of fantasy novels by the maestro Stephen King
> tons of emotionally complex and compelling characters and a story that would blow GoT out of the water if adapted correctly and slowly

LMAO DUDE CLEAR CUT FIGURATIVELY WHITE GOOD GUY VS A FIGURATIVELY EVIL DEMON BAD GUY WHO WANTS TO DESTROY A TOWER

LMAO DUDE TOWER EARTH PORTAL THE WORLD IS GOING TO END
>>
>>84377938

This. I don't get butthurt about this kind of stuff, I just don't see the movies. Haven't seen Ghostbusters, Wonder Woman, won't see Dark Tower.

Not a big deal to me, desu.
>>
>one of my favorite book series of all time
>would make a great TV series if they put the budget into it
>would make a decent movie series if they put the work into it
>DUDE GENERIC ACTION FLICK LMAO
>literally no way it's going to do well
>fans hate casting Elba because it ruins the Roland/Susannah arc out the gate
>non-fans don't give a shit about it at all
>black lead so it's going to do horrible in China

At least it's going to end up like The Last Airbender and end with a sequel cliffhanger that will go nowhere. So that'll be good for a chuckle
>>
>>84377880
I want Idris Elba's dark tower inside me
>>
>>84378675
>one of my favorite book series of all time
Fucking how? It was like reading awful fan-fiction.
>>
>>84378720
this desu senpai
>>
>>84378543
This post is cancer. I didn't even read it because you can just look at it and tell you're an annoying faggot.
>>
/tv/ loves idris elba
>>
The commercial just came on tv while I was browsing /tv/ and Mcconaughey saying "DEATH ALWAYS WINS" made me slap my head in frustration like an autistic tantrum.
YIFY when, Sony deserves what is happening to them.
>>
File: >sheep.png (172KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
>sheep.png
172KB, 501x585px
>>84378114
>>
>>84377880
>shit adaptation of shit books written by a shit author

the only thing that's got me butthurt is this shit getting green lit at all.
>>
>>84378883
>YIFY
wut
>>
File: 1494216076125.png (385KB, 800x421px) Image search: [Google]
1494216076125.png
385KB, 800x421px
>>84378258
>>
When like 90% of kings adaptions are garbage, why would you expect anything good?
>>
>>84377973
It's an allegory for something even more kino.
>>
>>84377880
150%
>>
>>84377880
Idris Elba
>>
>>84377880
>upset about /our/ boy getting the part
What
>>
>>84377880

I decided not to care since the black meme man was cast.
>>
I wish I had saved a screenshot of some post I saw like a year ago where someone was making predictions about what the trailer was going to be like. It pretty much nailed it and I laughed when I heard the gunslinger's oath start up.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.