[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your take on the Transformers series as a whole?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0817.jpg (300KB, 1023x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0817.jpg
300KB, 1023x423px
What's your take on the Transformers series as a whole?
>>
File: 1498536709463.jpg (11KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1498536709463.jpg
11KB, 227x225px
>>84375345
One was enough
>>
KINO SCORE COMING THROUGH

https://youtu.be/4H0JDomv8ac
>>
>>84377240
FPBP
>>
>>84377274
yaaaaaas. the first movie was so magical, they will never recreate that shit.. the fourth was good too id say second best, but the first will never be topped

>be 14
>transformers comes out
>everyone is hype
>has megan fox in her prime
>has based shia in his prime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4df74U4vaOI
>>
3 was unironicily kino
>>
>>84375345
the original cartoon is overrated because of nostalgia, the bad episodes far outweigh the good ones but it was overall better than most other toy commercials at the time; the original comics by marvel became great once they moved Simon Furman to the mainline series, meanwhile the dreamwave comics sucked shit. Beast wars is kino, while beast machines is nowhere near as good but still, I feel it is somewhat underrated (bw was a though act to follow). The IDW comics were fantastic before All Hail Megatron, now they are pretty hit or miss. Transformers Animated made up for its ugly designs with great writing and I really enoyed it, while Prime and everything after Prime was complete garbage. I never really cared enough to watch the japanese shows.
>>
I can't believe I fell for the trailers telling me THIS was going to be the dark one :/
>>
First movie was an OK movie that suceeded due to nostaligia.

Second movie was a dumpster fire that even Bay admits was a mess.

Third movie is legit one of the best alien invasion/humans fight back films. Peak of the series by a long shot.

Fourth movie was a weird mish-mash of interesting ideas and poor execution. Terribly long.

Fifth movie is fucking unwatchable and destroys the entire franchise. Reboot time.

Overall, more misses than hits but Part 3 was a classic.
>>
The first one was excellent box office fodder that did exactly what it promised. The second was a stretch but not an insult. Everything after that was trash.
>>
>>84377395
It's really not a great movie by any means, but it was special. There was a sense of wonder to it. When CGI could wow you. It felt like a comfy 80s movie with an over the top action finish.
>>
>>84377419
This guy gets it. He gets it.
>>
>>84377414
Beast wars is overrated. Megatron and Dinobot are the only interesting characters.
>>
Why was the Last Knight so bad? even hyping up Unicron won't do good. It needs a damn reboot and maybe a simple design for the autobots/decepticons
>>
>>84377489

That is a good question. I heard today there was an additional 40 minutes filmed that didn't make it i the movie. But would that have made it better, or just a bad movie longer?

We may never know.
>>
Not good. The first one was neat, but after that it's just shit. I can barely even tell what the fuck is going on when they fight.
>>
>>84377523
I never got this meme. I've always been able to tell what's going on during the action scenes.
>>
>>84377523
>I had adhd and can't focus
I mean it's always pretty fucking obvious. Just get the humanoid form and use that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzNsOGt3bHk

They're gonna fuck up Unicron so badly.

>He'll never be this scary
>>
>>84377419
Totally agree. I legit enjoyed the third one. It felt conclusive, the last hour has some pretty great action, and it's clear that Bay addressed a lot of the complaints about RotF, by getting rid of the Niggerbot twins, and downplaying the "wacky" parents.

Age of Extinction had its moments, but really just kind of felt like the afterparty. I haven't seen the newest one, and from what I've been hearing, I probably won't until it's on HBO or Starz.
>>
>>84377274
atleast the movie gave us some fairly decent scores
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-em9VURVnSk
>>
>>84375345
None of the films are good, but the original carried a greater sense of sincerity and was better than many expected. It's easy to forget, but the series could have very believably went a different direction after the first one than it did.
>>
>>84377755
I love his parents
>>
File: tumblr_lem88fcbYR1qak11go1_400.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lem88fcbYR1qak11go1_400.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>84377419
Optimus:
>Today in the name of freedom, we take the battle to them
>the music kicks in
MUH DICK
>>
The mecha designs in all of these movies are fucking awful.
>>
>>84375345
Say what you will about the series, but if you boil it down, the first 4 you get what you pay for, Transformers fighting it out and getting action, with humans not taking up so much screen time. But the 5th was such a human fest that it was getting really boring to watch, the after credit scene just left me with emptyness that the series is probably gonna go downhill from there. If we do get a reboot god help whoever directs it
>>
>>84377927
>who would you be without me prime?
>time to find out
>>
>>84378048
>mecha
Good bait and/or hang yourself.
>>
>>84375345
crushed cans of aluminum and lots of explosions, not being able to tell who is who.
also characters are reduced to single line of stereotype (i.e jazz)
>>
>>84378048
There are some good ones.
>>
People are hating on Transformers and Michael Bay for no reason, yet they go cinemas and watch it and it makes a billion dollars in the box office lol
Each transformers are amazing technical achievement and a summer popcorn film, I am very excited
I admit it's not the best story but why the fuck would I spend so much money for a cinema ticket to watch a story based drama? i can just watch tv
>>
>>84375345
>Transformers
Pros: Fantastic fight scenes and representation of characters. memorable score, great CGI and story
Cons: none big enough to mention
9.5/10

>Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Pros: best fight scene of the entire series, powerup optimus is a beast
Cons: niggerbots, old fart jetfire, too much bullcrap in the middle, tried way too hard to outdo the previous one
6/10

>Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Pros: good lore, great twist, decent score, optimus rightfully executing a traitor, decent action shots. niggerbots are gone
Cons: super generic decepticons that die too easily, too much human crap, megatron is a pussy
7/10

>Transformers: Age of Extinction
Pros: Optimus redesign looks great, pissed Optimus is nice, new autobots are alright, lockdown and dinobots look good.
Cons: easy to tell two scripts are mashed together. humans are annoying as fuck, the imagine dragons song is so out of place. KSI transformation is just lazy (barely shows any transformations). terrible fight scenes, the camera is stuck on the humans almost the whole time. whole movie felt off.
3/10

>Transformers: The Last Knight
Pros: decepticons have personalities and talk to each other, megatron redesign looks great and hes not a pussy. lots of bot screen time. camelot and ww2 scenes were great. comfy abandoned town fight. references to previous movies. cogman and anthony hopkins were great. lore is great as well
Cons: last fight scene is a rushed mess, sqweeks and mexiloli were completely unnecessary. optimus is evil for like 2 minutes, quintessa defeated too easily
8/10
>>
>>84377240
Pretty much

got drunk and fell asleep on the first one
>>
>>84375345
Really wish they kept the same designs from the first movie, they look dog shit now.
>>
File: Transformers 3 - 6.webm (2MB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers 3 - 6.webm
2MB, 1280x533px
shit movies.
good for webms tho
>>
I like them. Atleast they look and sound like authentic blockbusters unlike the monthly Marvels.
>>
>>84378964
Don't forget the wide angle shots of The Last Knight. Made my ticket worth it just for that Planet Earth experience.
>>
File: 1492010349909.webm (896KB, 1070x564px) Image search: [Google]
1492010349909.webm
896KB, 1070x564px
Best one so far
>>
I want a soft reboot with either Snyder or Abrams directing.
>>
isnt Transformers 3 the one where optimus prime kills that robot and they're flying through the city on gliders? that movie was shit
>>
File: 1497490397154.webm (2MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497490397154.webm
2MB, 960x400px
>>84379535
>>
>>84379622
He deserved it.
>>
>>84379622
Autobot of murder.
>>
>>84379464

Do you have one of the 14 year old running towards the camera?
>>
The best Transformers movie was in 1986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koQY7s9dgn8
>>
>>84378964
TLK is a wild ride to me because the CGI (including the lot of bots), the action and the music

But when I try to dissect through the story, I feel like it's pretty overwhelming and rushed this whole time in my perspective. IDK what do you guys think?
>>
>>84379946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7GeisRaias
I still can't believe how metal this movie was
>>
>>84380484
It was too unfocused. They should've focused more on Prime's descent snd given it more build up and dramatic effect. Instead it comes and goes in three scenes.

Also they really need to remember the past films. It's pretty shit seeing them ignore past films this hard.
>>
>>84375345
Transformers 1 fucking great. It had this comfy feeling when watching it in theaters at the time. The humor, the cinematography, all the action scenes. Dark of the Moon was a nice compliment to it as well. The rest were utter shit though and tried way too hard to out do the previous installment.
>>
>>84378964
>Decency
>Awful
>Decency
>Awful
>Decency i guess

I feel like there's almost a pattern
>>
>>84380484
My mistake lads, I meant UNDERwhelming.

(fuck I had to study vocabulary)
>>
>>84379622
War crime
>>
Most people aren't able to understand the deeper nuances and metaphors of the movie.

People just see the explosions and comedic parts and just assume it's stupid while the actual themes go right over their heads
>>
>>84375345
No more autistic or bizarre than its source material. I wish the movies after the first were a little slower so you could see the bot fights better and less fucking humans, but whatever.
>>
1: 7/10
2: 3/10
3: 5/10
4: 4/10
5: 2/10

Too long, too many humans, cringe humor, incoherent action. Same 4 issues that have plagued the series from the first film are still the main issue
>>
>>84381043
I honestly feel the opposite, sometimes I wish the movie went even faster especially in the beginning but with more humans and the human perspective on the robots
>>
Hound was the best thing about AoE. Drift and Crosshairs were also pretty neat. I liked Lockdown. If you take out Galvatron and the Dinobots, the movie gets a lot better.
>>
>>84381117
I just wanted hound and walhberg
>>
>>84381044
7/10
hahaahhah, just watch it again and see if you actuality like that shit, its terrible. its a 5/10 at best
>>
Is transformers related to Star Wars? There was part where prime was in space and I didn't remember them being in space in the cartoon
>>
I still think part 3 is the most underated of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kjmlp6_2v4

What a terrifying scene. This is the Deceptions at their full power. Evil and ruthless.
>>
>>84381199
That was the worst movie, Spock was fucking stupid and megatron was full bitch in that movie and hasn't been relevant since. Optimus was most out of charcater and everyone died easy
>>
They're all garbage. The robots are just a clusterfuck of bullshit, the stories are terrible, Shia was fucking cringeworthy. The only good thing about any of them was megan fox. I think I saw 3 of them before I gave up.
>>
>>84381234
This new ones actually pretty good compared to the last three, there's a point where everyone almost cries. It's crazy
>>
>>84381230
I liked the fucked up Megatron. It's better than the two bad guy meme a lot of sequels have.

It's funny though, Megatron getting mutilated and dying is the only real continuity the movies have.
>>
I think the CGI is fucking awesome.
Shit looks great.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.