[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>biting the hand that feeds What is Hollywood thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.png (554KB, 658x596px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
554KB, 658x596px
>biting the hand that feeds

What is Hollywood thinking?
>>
>>84371764
best news I've read all night. maybe this will inspire Hollywood to change its ways. a 3rd wave!
>>
lol it's true but

the Warcraft movie had huge turnout to a theater in a town that was flooded....
>>
>>84371764
Smoke and mirrors, kid.
>>
>do business with the Chinese
>think you aren't going to get ripped off
>>
>>84371831
This. As a fan of WoW and the RTS Games I was wondering wtf was up with that when the news dropped. There is 100% some serious fraud going on to try and get movies there. Its much worse when you consider that the money is probably not even getting back to Hollywood as it should.
>>
It's amazing how insanely corrupt every Chinese industry is. It makes America look like Norway.
>>
>>84371764
why was this written? did TF beat WW again this week?
>>
>>84371875
>>84371932
Dishonesty is encouraged in Chinese culture. The honolabre chinaman stereotype has helped them swindle countless foreigners.
>>
>>84371764
I don't get it. That headline is saying that Chinese moviebucks isn't actually what's being reported? It's less? More?
>>
>>84371994
WW did shit in China, so I don't really know if that's what important here.
>>
>>84372523
>The Motion Picture Association of America, Hollywood’s lobbying arm, has tapped PricewaterhouseCoopers to audit the box office results of certain select titles, according to two individuals with knowledge of the situation. Bloomberg News first reported details of the audit.

>The audit results could be used in trade negotiations to bolster the major studios’ case for stricter accounting standards or a greater share of the China box office.

>“If Pricewaterhouse can show that Hollywood has not gotten their fair due, then that would be an argument for increasing the percentage,” says Stanley Rosen, a political science professor at USC who specializes in China.

>Under the current agreement, signed in 2012, studios get 25% of gross ticket receipts, half of what theaters usually cough up in other major territories. The agreement also allows just 34 overseas releases to play in China each year, though that quota was exceeded last year. The agreement is due for renegotiation this year, and the studios will be seeking to sweeten the terms.
They're not getting their shekels so it's less than what's being reported
>>
>>84372056

china and korea are the jews of asia, every other kind of asian hates them. it is no secret if you talked to one. they will tell you this to your face.
>>
>>84371764
Im pleased. Hollywood has been ripping off extras and many behind the scenes staff for decades. Now they will have to be on the receiving end.
>>
File: 1462757269999.png (946KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
1462757269999.png
946KB, 1400x5552px
>>84372056
CHYNA
>>
>Hollywood sends accountants to China
Can't be any more crooked than their shit. Let's see those accountants audit your movies when you owe an actor a percent of profit
>>
>jews vs chinamen

who will win?
>>
>>84371764
Thats the thing faggot, its not feeding them.
The Chinese gob gets 99% of the shekels and Hollyucks only get bragging rights for being hacks.
>>
>>84371789
are you sure you want the actual artists in hollywood to make films? have you seen how crazy / slaves to ideology they are?

at least with committee made movies there is a CHANCE that a conservative person has their finger in the pie.
>>
>>84374427
What a cuck.
>>
>>84374905
By themselves, the chinks, but jews know how to manipulate anglos.
>>
>>84374427
Why would you even learn Russian, or Japanese or Chinese?
When you can learn French, Spanish and Italian in a couple of years and enjoy your life a lot more?
>>
>>84375079
>have you seen how crazy / slaves to ideology they are?
I believe if this sea change in Hollywood happens, the voices will multiply. We will likely get more conservative films even if the voices behind them aren't conservative. Look at Paterson, AKA the best conservative film of the last 10 years. Jarmusch is a champagne drinking leftist but he made that.
>>
>>84374427
wtf I hate Chinks now?
>>
>>84373070
>studios get 25% of gross ticket receipts,
holy fucking kek.
>>
>>84371764
The Chinese economy is about to suffer a massive recession, so Hollywood isn't worried about their money.
>>
>>84371764
>Michael Bay, Hollywood director, was arrested today, suspected of embezzlement and envolvement with the chinese mob
>>
>>84374905
chinks. they can just go make their own cgi shitfests.
>>
>>84375375
Fun fact: the EU gives up 50%
>>
>>84375446
same as the domestic/US market too, I think. an even split.
>>
Could China Box office be a money laundering operation?
>>
>>84371764
Test
>>
>>84375427
>explicit pictures and videos of him and his 15yo starlet were found in his mansion.
then leaked by the hacker know as 4chan
>>
>>84375561
Like the studio system?
>>
>>84375269
> learning relevant languages
Might as well learn Lithuanian, Estonian and Belorussian while you are at it
>>
>>84374427

>I'll keep this anons anecdotal stories posted on 4chins in mind should I ever encounter anyone of the 1.4 billion chinese

didn't even read :^)
>>
>>84374427
I worked with a chinese colleague who told me about how they salvage cooking oil from sewage (called "gutter oil") to cook that delicious chinese food in. apparently they got tired of chinks outchinking each other and dying from poisoning, so they instituted the death penalty for producing gutter oil. but they're so incompetent when it comes to enforcing regulations that they still don't have a way of chemically testing for gutter oil.

anyway my chinese colleague says he never eats out when he visits home.
>>
>>84375830
stereotypes are right most of the time. that's science btw
>>
>>84376365
good redditfrogs are cancer
>>
>audit China
>get banned from the country

This will go well for the jews in Hollywood.
>>
chinamen have better taste in hollywood movies than americans do now so this is good i think
>>
>>84373419
>china and korea are the jews of asi
thats japan
>>
File: Chinalovesisrael.jpg (16KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
Chinalovesisrael.jpg
16KB, 220x165px
>>84374905
China loves Jews
>>
>>84374427
Sounds like america.
>>
>>84372559

It did like 96 mil or some shit
>>
>>84372056
Japanese have the honorable rep, not the Chinese
>>
>>84375375

Do you see now why The Mummy is such a huge flop? I wish the idiots in the threads would stop fighting reality
>>
>>84371932
>It's amazing how insanely corrupt every Chinese industry is. It makes America look like Norway.

My dad used to source steel in China for his company. He was constantly pulling his hair out because the shit they ordered was never actually made to spec, and if you didn't catch it in time, they'd take all your money, the company would vanish overnight, then the shitty sub-standard stock would just be sold by a "new" company with a different name, and Chinese authorities gave zero fucks.
>>
>>84375269
because no one in Russia, China, and Japan can speak English whereas English proficiency is near universal among the youth of Spain, France, and Italy.
>>
>>84376756
86, and in 4 weeks. That's fucking shit. If WW did that much in the USA everyone would be calling it a fucking flop. Don't forget that China keeps most of the box office money and WW only had a 36 million opening to boot. It did terribly there.
>>
Don't the Chinese lie about everything?
>>
>>84377355
including their shrimp dick size LMAO
>>
>>84377446
That would be included in "everything".

>muh dick
Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>84371764
Hol'up - are implying that the Chinese cannot be trusted to be truthful?
>>
>>84377328

That's about the same as most capeshit in China though apart from the big stuff like Avengers.
>>
>>84377355
Yes, that's the part I don't get about people saying they'll deal with China and accept the risk. It's not so clear cut, if someone lies to you once they'll lie to you when you tell them to get serious and tell them the truth. They'll be duping you the entire time. I think people really can't fully visualize the idea of someone who has zero reason to tell you the truth. I think it's a cultural incompatibility. Whites are the most principled, frequently to a fault where principle results in zealotry and naivete, and Chinks are the least, never really having a concept of honor that goes farther than lip-service loyalty to the state.
>>
>>84375079
>i project my political insecurity onto everything
Sad!
>>
>>84377328

Guardians of the Memes 2 only did 100 mil there. Capeshit isn't all that popular in China
>>
>TFA made 124 million in China
>Disney only got 31 million of that
damn, China outjew the jews.
>>
>>84376588
wow what a big parade out of 1.3 billion people
>>
Hollywood accounting practices are full of fraudulent unscrupulous activities. It's funny how kids itt are defending them now, when Hollywood is made up of the biggest jews on the planet, they just happen to have gotten outjewed by the chinks.
>>
>>84377795
This, when will THEY get an audit too?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting
Because apparently The Lotr trilogy made no money.
>>
>>84376553
lel.
>>
>>84377519
We should have thrown a nuke on chine when we had the chance. We definitely need a second Nanking.
>>
>>84375269
>why would you learn the language of the #2 superpower in the world today
I sincerely hope you're joking.
>>
https://youtu.be/2b0tSu0QDQ0
>>
>>84371831
Clearly these people equipped a number of Elixirs of Water Breathing. Duh.
>>
>>84376588
They love their money and investments.
>>
>>84374905
they're both very similar.

chinese have larger diversity so id give it to them :^)
>>
communism is fucking scary. erasing your entire history and pretending like it never happened. russia still hasn't fully recovered from the horrors of communism.
>>
>>84377065
Not true. Those are actually the countries with lower english speaking rates. Germanic countries all speak english.
>>
>>84372056

Not even. The country is literally stuck in a cycle of the following:

New Dynasty -> Golden Years -> Corruption -> Revolution -> New Dynasty -> etc

Doesn't matter if it's communism or a dynastic system, Chinese people are locked in a cycle.
>>
>>84374427
>it's a guy clearly who doesn't know how china works gets BTFO episode
the legal system is broken in china, that plus government corruption means business can do whatever they want. the market is flooded with scammers looking to make a quick buck. so how do businesses get around this? how do they get anything done when everybody is trying to scam each other? the answer is connections and reputation. you don't do business transactions unless you have the connections to make it go smoothly, or you deal with a reputable business
>>
>>84377584
>>84377496
I know that, WW still did pretty shit there. IT did worse than a lot of other capeshit.
>>
>>84378416
German?
>>
>>84371764
There's well documented case of chinks fabricating numbers for local flicks, pretending they're more popular than they are. Surely they would also do that for anyone who pays.
>>
>>84374427
>CHYNA
DIKES
>>
>>84379663

But it's not done and got extended. it will do about the same as they all have. So it was idiotic to single it out
>>
>>84377328
It's going to beat Guardians of Reddit le Deux in China though
>>
>>84371764
>>84371831
>>84371875
How would this scam work? The more people who went to the theater the more the theater pays.
>>
>>84375375
Transformers, Pirates and Mummy confirmed BOMBS. Wonder Woman reigns supreme
>>
>>84381060
In China? How would you know?
There's also the possibility of government incentives since it'd lead to foreign investment in Chinese productions, like real conspiracy shit.
>>
>>84381089
Know what? If china's theaters reported exaggerated gross they'd have to pay more to the studios. Itd make far more sense for them to underreport profits like Hollywood.
>paying out hundreds of millions for foreign investments
They make the movie in America. Even then it's a ridiculous gamble at best, that instead of investing hundreds of millions they give it to studios so they might invest here
>>
>>84378844
The Chinese people enforce it themselves, they call it the Mandate of Heaven.
>>
File: japmerchant.jpg (152KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
japmerchant.jpg
152KB, 471x600px
>>84376775
>Japanese
>honorable

Looks like they've done a number on you.
>>
>>84377065
>t. never been to europe
>>
>>84372056
Both Buddhism and Confucianism value honesty
>>84381158
That's not what the mandate of heaven is
>>
>>84381138
Like you know what the distribution deals in China are. Get the fuck out of my face smart cunt.
>>
>>84376985

>my dad

you mean that copypasta you fag
>>
>>84381188
Its how all theaters work retard. The studio let's them show the movie and they get a cut of the gross
>>
>>84381186
That was completely and utterly replaced by communism in all except the most remote shithole mountain villages. Jewish ideology ruins every country it touches, and China is no exception.
>>
>>84376553
>thats japan
wrong as fuck
>>
>>84371764
>Mark Wahlberg firing a gun
I want to see this movie. What is it? Is it Transformers?
>>
>>84375079
wat
>>
>>84372056
Yeah fuck whitey!!
>>
>>84381276
why is communism so horrible?

when will the chinese government collapse?
>>
>>84371764
>>84381283

Who is he shooting at?
>>
File: vietnam fucking shits.jpg (29KB, 565x311px) Image search: [Google]
vietnam fucking shits.jpg
29KB, 565x311px
>>84381308
You ought to know by now.
>>
>>84377584
Guradians relies heavily on 80's nostalgia. China had barely open up to the west then, They are going to get any of the refrences.
>>
>>84381368

Doctor Strange didn't do much better. Unless it's stars Robot Suit man they don't give a duck. Why do they love robots so much ?
>>
Wait a minute.

Are you cucks actually arguing for China to pay Hollywood more money? So Hollywood can make more shit? More sequels, more adaptations of garbage, more reboots, more capeshit?
>>
>>84372056
>The honolabre chinaman stereotype

The fucking what now?
>>
>>84376269
There's no way of testing for it because it's chemically the same. That's like saying you want to test a bottled water to see if it's been pissed out by a dinosaur millions of years ago.
>>
>>84381398
Because robots are awesome.
>>
>>84381409
>cucks
>>>/pol/
>>
>>84381368
guardians of the galaxy 2 was competing with a very popular bollywood movie in the PRC
>>
>>84371764
What are they gonna do when they find out the Chinese government props up most of these shit movies?
>>
>>84381439
>because it's chemically the same
yeah except for all the PABA and PAHs infused into it

I don't blame them for not using something basic like HPLC because chink lives are pretty cheap and not worth the cost
>>
>>84381238
>buy rights to show a film
>show film as many times as you want and take all profits
you're a retard
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.