[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A song of Ice and Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Who do you think would be the better ruler, should they seize the Iron Throne?

The argument for Daenerys: Daenerys is clearly more compassionate and understanding of her subjects than Stannis. Her liberation of the slaves is pretty admirable, and unlike Stannis, she can make compromises with people. It's quite impressive that she was able to take three prominent cities in Slaver's Bay despite being a foreign teenager. Like Stannis, she can also dispense harsh justice to wrongdoers such as her crucifixion of the Grand Masters and has a notion of right and wrong. However, she often lets her own emotions cloud her judgments, and the conflict in Meereen is a clear sign that she's not the perfect queen we originally expected her to be. Her unwillingness to accept that her father deserved his downfall is worrying, as this means that she would possibly punish everyone allied to Robert if she ever took the Throne.

The argument for Stannis: Stannis has had far more experience in a leadership role, ruling Dragonstone for many years as well as being a skilled naval commander. The fact that he was able to rule the Targaryen stronghold for so many years without conflict is a testament to his ruling capability. His notion of justice is in a way admirable, in his belief that no good or bad deeds must go ignored, and that good and bad acts don't wash each other out. By saving the Wall, it's clear that he's the only King that cares about the threat of the Others and acts to save the realm. However, his extreme stubbornness is a huge misgiving, as it makes ruling a feudalistic kingdom that much harder. His refusal to ally himself with either Renly or Robb Stark was borderline retarded, and his cold withdrawn personality makes it much harder to gain allies. It's clear that he lacks the political pragmatism that men like Tywin Lannister possessed in order to rule the realm effectively.

Thoughts?
>>
>>84368526
t.jorah
One true king stannis
But in all honesty we can't let these targaryen fucking shits in our kingdom
>>
>>84368526
Stannis of course
>>
>>84368526
Daenerys cause her name would bring people hope MWGA, but only if she was a puppet of Varys or someone else and only if her army dies on the crossing.

Otherwise Westeros getting raped, by horsemen or by Dany.
>>
File: _komeiji_koishi.png (3MB, 1500x1920px) Image search: [Google]
_komeiji_koishi.png
3MB, 1500x1920px
>>84368526
Stannis by a tormmunds-cock-length.

Dany is actually a huge idiot who owes almost all her success to other people who do everything for her because of her OC donut steal - tier special dragonlord genetics.

Her "compassion" is a bigger liability than advantage. Yeah on paper "I love everyone I want to make everyone happy" is great but a leader can't have naive dreams like that. The real world is a fucking bitch and you need to be harsh and capable of violence sometimes, cause if you aren't then crueler and stronger people than you will walk all over you and take everything you have, and ultimately way more suffering will wind up happening than if you had just been stern and accept you can't always save everyone. Ending slavery was a noble goal but she went about it in an absolutely retarded way, thinking you can just change thousand year old industries and traditions for millions of people overnight. You need to do that shit slowly over time.
Also she's a complete fucking hypocrite and the 2 men she's loved and lusted the most of anyone in the world, Drogo and Dario, were both incredibly violent, cruel murders. Drogo is confirmed to have captured and sold tons of people into slavery, and I'd bet Dario has done the same. They've both probably raped tons of women too. And they both lead large forces who have done all those things on an even larger scale.
>Oh but as long as I'm their special princess and they never do any of those bad things to ME it's all fine cause they're just so big and strong and alpha and make my dragon cunny tingle

I could rant more but I'm running out of space in this post.
tl;dr dany a stupid hypocrite lucky shit
>>
>>84368526
A corpse can't be king
>>
Didn't read the OP, but Stannis for sure. Dany is literally a hormonal teenager obsessed with conquering, Stannis is a middle-aged lord who wants to strictly uphold the law.
>>
>>84368526
>the perfect queen we originally expected her to be
speak for yourself.
>>
>>84368526
>compassionate

I think you mean hysterical. She killed innocent people. LOTS of them.
>>
>>84370458

Somebody didn't read the books...
>>
>>84370480

And by obsessed with conquering you mean only wants to go home to her little house in Pentos with the red door.
>>
>>84370458

What happened to Stannis is the reason I quit watching the show until at least the 6th book is out.
>>
>>84368526
really dont get how poeple can be happy that the 2 mail protagonist is danny and jon snow people are actually routing for them to win
>>
>>84371907
Are you having a stroke?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.