[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HORROR General!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_mjehveeeVv1s5tpwwo1_500.gif (500KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjehveeeVv1s5tpwwo1_500.gif
500KB, 500x210px
Any solid ones you see recently?

Horror related wishlist?
Mine...
> Laid to Rest gets a 3rd film. (pic related)
> Cary Fukunaga directs a Pumpkinhead reboot.
> Antje Traue has a large role in Netflix's Dark series & gets naked in it.
> DGG's Halloween - Makes Myers a unstoppable unknowable surreal phantom again.
> DGG's Halloween - Deborah Ann Woll or Hayley Atwell is cast as the lead & gets clearly naked.
> Friday the 13th - Another film moves forward despite Paramount's bitch ass...
>>> It's a sequel to the 2009 film after all.
> Nightmare Elm Street - Gets another film, yes with Jackie Earle Haley back as Kruger, go with a completely new story and cast of characters, don't touch on the remake version of the backstory or Nancy at all. Have the tone lean towards Dream Warriors to appease the people who thought the 2010 film was too serious.
> Shane Black's Predator - Kid is not annoying or focused on too much.
> Shane Black's Predator - The more outlandish parts of the plot leaks are false.
> Shane Black's Predator - The Preds are not working with the US military as some have misconstrued some of the recent set pics as having suggested.
> Shane Black's Predator - Olivia Munn gets naked.
>>
>Antje Traue has a large role in Netflix's Dark series & gets naked in it
I need this now.
>>
>>84366106
>> Shane Black's Predator - Olivia Munn gets naked.
Dissapointed she is a scientest, wanted her to be a solider like Braga in Predators (2010)
>>
File: STL056570.jpg (299KB, 1200x1846px) Image search: [Google]
STL056570.jpg
299KB, 1200x1846px
We are getting a Hatchet comic series for anyone who cares...
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/26/hatchet-gets-an-ongoing-series-from-american-mythology-september-2017-solicits/
>>
File: Carnival of Souls 3x3.jpg (2MB, 5754x3234px) Image search: [Google]
Carnival of Souls 3x3.jpg
2MB, 5754x3234px
Creepy as shit and the shot of her walking through a tube may be the best thing I've ever seen
>>
I've meant to ask, is SiREN worth watching?

Amateur Night is actually my favorite story in V/H/S, but I am not sure if it really is something that could be expanded into a full movie.
>>
anything good on Shudder i should watch? is it worth it?
>>
>>84366106
>It's a sequel to the 2009 film after all.

Good, I actually liked that one.
>>
>>84366279
KYS, Antje is not meant for lewd thoughts.
>>
>an adaptation that finally gets lovecraft right and has a multi million dollar budget
>a new the thing movie
>a sequel to the evil dead remake
>more bodyhorror movies
>more killer insect/parasites movies
>a tarantino horror movie
>>
File: Suspira 3x3.jpg (2MB, 5754x3234px) Image search: [Google]
Suspira 3x3.jpg
2MB, 5754x3234px
Reminder to watch this arthouse horror kino before the remake is made
>>
> A horror tv series thats not campy and cheesy and is actually serious terrifying horror and intense violence.
> A slither sequel
> A the void sequel/ prequel, whatever.
> A good movie adaptation of the colour out of space
> A good movie adaptation of rats in the walls
>>
>>84366106
My wishlist:

David Gordon Green's Halloween
>completely ignore all of the sequels
>have the basic premise be that Michael was never found after the original film and now he's back
>no backstory, no bloodline bullshit, no cult bullshit, just have him be a force of evil
>focus on atmosphere and suspense
>don't mindlessly gore everything up

A new Friday the 13th
>get Ti West to direct it, he's fantastic at doing retro horror and he knows what to do with Friday the 13th: https://twitter.com/ti_west/status/344921694722469888
>don't have it be a reboot or remake
>have it take place in the 1980s sometime after the events of Jason Lives

A big budget H.P. Lovecraft adaptation directed by a great director
>Why hasn't this happened already?
>Seriously, what the fuck?! We've gotten a few really good low budget indie adaptations like Re-Animator and From Beyond but Hollywood has completely ignored Lovecraft even though he's one of the biggest horror writers.

David Cronenberg's The Fly 2

A horror film directed by Quentin Tarantino

Not really horror related but I want John Carpenter to make a western that stars Kurt Russell
>>
>>84368912
why the hell would you want a thing remake?
>>
>>84369225
i actually enjoyed both rob zombie halloweens immensely, but i wasnt particular fond of the original franchise.
>>
>>84369348
so you're a literal pleb?
>>
>>84369244
no, not a remake.
a new the thing movie.
new premise and new setting basically, keep the grimdark tone and the thing.
>>
>>84369225
>Why hasn't this happened already?

Studio execs don't want it, for whatever reason. Del Toro has been trying to make his At the Mountains of Madness film since forever, and even after James Cameron helped him and basically told the studios "this shit is good, don't be retarded and give him the cash", the replay was still NOPE.
>>
>>84366106
>Shane Black's Predator - The more outlandish parts of the plot leaks are false.
What's happening?
>>
>>84369398
seriously tho, whats the appeal of the originals?
michael myers back then was the most boring superhero serialkiller, compared with freddy, jason, pinhead and the likes.
>>
Obligatory request for horror without jump scares.

Loved It Follows and The Witch from last year, which I don't think had any at all.

I just can't handle them, probably because I don't watch horror at all (because I can't handle them). I know I used to play horror computer games and after the first half an hour you just grow immune to them, like Dead Space which was nothing but jump scares, but jump scare horror films doesn't really interest me enough to do that.
>>
>>84369508
He predates everyone you listed. Back in 1978 Michael Myers was fresh, he was the very first "silent force of evil" serial killer.
>>
>>84369508
The appeal of the original Halloween is the atmosphere. Throughout the film John Carpenter slowly builds dread and tension.
>>
>>84369485
No that guy, but IIRC, the leak had some pretty weird crap about a giant, genetic engineered super-predator.
>>
>>84368939
>Mention this in film class
>teacher hasn't seen it so I recommend we watch it in class
>boast it's fast paced and terrifying, better than the shining
>rotten tomatoes backs me up
>the day comes everybody is eagerly sitting in their seats shouting for the film to start
>credits roll
>ten minute intro sequence starts "anon when do things begin to happen?"
>an hour goes by only half the students remain

I'm pretty sure everyone except a few kids hates me now but I sure had fun. Great kino
>>
>>84369564
Not exactly horror but The One I Love was the creepiest flick I've seen in years. Good sense of dread after the first quarter. Ending sucks a bit but no jumpscares
>>
File: Carnival of Souls.jpg (2MB, 3000x2177px) Image search: [Google]
Carnival of Souls.jpg
2MB, 3000x2177px
>>84368372
>>
just finished Val Lewton's legendary 9 movie run, it was a great ride
>>
File: Animation-Fuck-You.gif (196KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Animation-Fuck-You.gif
196KB, 500x500px
>>84368655
> The sexiest woman on earth isn't meant to be thought about...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e7 Ncm7rqCc
>>
>>84369108
>> A horror tv series thats not campy and cheesy and is actually serious terrifying horror and intense violence.
Isn't the strain pretty serious?
>>
>>84369225
>>completely ignore all of the sequels
No 2 needs to remain, it perfectly fits with the 1st film.
>just have him be a force of evil
>>focus on atmosphere and suspense
Agreed.
>>
>>84369225
Bone Tomahawk is a western (with horror-ish bits) starring Kurt Russell if that would scratch that itch
>>
File: download.png (192KB, 844x428px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
192KB, 844x428px
Ouija 2 is actually good
>>
>>84369225

>Ti West

It's going to be shit.
>>
>>84369564
Don't Breathe only has one I think

more of a thriller than horror movie though
>>
>>84368912
>>an adaptation that finally gets lovecraft right and has a multi million dollar budget
I've been wishing for this since I discovered Lovecraft years and years ago. I've been very disappointed by most Lovecraftian films, although I did think Banshee Chapter got the feeling/atmosphere pretty close, I really enjoyed that movie. I've also heard The Void is good but haven't watched it yet.
>>
>>84369225
>>completely ignore all of the sequels
>>have the basic premise be that Michael was never found after the original film and now he's back
>>no backstory, no bloodline bullshit, no cult bullshit, just have him be a force of evil
>>focus on atmosphere and suspense
>>don't mindlessly gore everything up
I would fucking love this.
>>
>>84368912
>>84369225
>>84372171
I agree on needing a big budget Lovecraft horror. If you want a little Lovecraft flick, Dreams in the Witch House was pretty good. Stuart Gordon directed, I liked it better than Dagon
>>
>Horror related wishlist?
Mocunentary of In The Mouth of Madness
>>
>>84373292
At the Mountains of Madness*
>>
>>84366106

First episode of twin peak season 3, literally shit myself and didn't go to sleep until 6am. That was so unexpected.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.