[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck was this even made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: psycho1998lobbycard.jpg (30KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
psycho1998lobbycard.jpg
30KB, 800x533px
why the fuck was this even made?
>>
File: IMG_1510.jpg (452KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1510.jpg
452KB, 2048x1365px
>>
to show pusy
>>
Gus Van Sant was offered a shit load of money to remake it, so took the complete piss and did a shot for shot remake.
>>
>>84344125
To see Vince Vaughn in drag, of course.
>>
>>84344125
producers are not cinephiles and have no idea why something worked so they just throw money around
>>
>>84344395

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY
>>
>>84344125
>whine that remakes stray too far from the original
>whine that remakes are too much like the original
You faggots will never be pleased.
>>
>>84344158
Source? Was Van Sant really just fucking around? I just watched it recently so I'm interested, I thought he was being sincere and "artistic" by doing a shot for shot remake
>>
the actress sucked everyones dick involved - - - - true story!
>>
So we could see Anne Heche's butthole
>>
>>84344641
>remake is never made
>nothing to whine about
>>
...But it's not even a shot-for-shot remake (a suspect idea at best artistically anyway) -- it didn't even have that much of the courage of its convictions. (For example, the shower scene recreation has a shot of clouds moving across the sky added for some reason. -- there are other inane 'subliminal' shots peppered throughout the movie (e.g. a shot of Anne Heche in a negligee that's apparently from Norman's fantasy). And the final shot is totally new. Universal was going to remake it no matter what, since they were desperate for a color version of Psycho 1, so I'm sure Van Sant just figured "Fuck it, take the money." The 'shot-for-shot remake' angle was marketing fiction to make it sound more clever (?) than it is.
It's purely cynical, worthless shit.
>>
>>84344125
$
same reason hollywood does anything. they aren't artists, they;re buisnessmen
>>
>>84345856
This desu. Remake bad original films, not good original fims.>>84345856
>>
File: Psycho-1998-William-H-Macy.png (582KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Psycho-1998-William-H-Macy.png
582KB, 853x480px
I watched the original and the remake one night, one after the other. The best part for me is William H Macy as the detective, he's really natural whilst also at the same time capturing the mannerisms and feel of the original actor to a T. William's a phenomenal actor 2bh
>>
>>84345781
Even Julianne Moore's?
>>
>>84345880
>a shot of clouds moving across the sky added for some reason
that's a signature van sant shot. in the context of the scene it's suppose to be the characters life flashing before their eyes, a sort of recollection of the passage of time every day experience of seeing clouds roll by. another way of looking at it is its the jaws of infinity, like people describing death as a tunnel with light at the end or bright open blue skies

It doesn't work in psycho but its a cool shot
>>
>>84346095
especially
>>
Thanks for the clarification: I don't know the rest of Van Sant's work that well (though I've generally liked what I've seen). Yeah, I agree it doesn't work, shoe-horned into one of the most famous sequences in film history: Too discordant, but not bold enough. That remake is worse than any of the sequels (except for the original Bates Motel TV show from the 80s, maybe).
>>
>>84345723
Its my interpretation, in all honesty. He did the zoom in opening shot which obviously was a proper homage to Hitchcock
>>
>>84344641
It's like remakes are terrible in every instance. Wow, really blew my mind there.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.