[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't Disney using Vader more?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: wbefs.jpg (49KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
wbefs.jpg
49KB, 880x660px
Do you think they're saving him for when the money train starts sputtering and they need a new boost of excitement?

And what would they do if James Earl Jones passed away? Are there people out there who can nail the Vader voice?
>>
Disney have been working on a computerised James Earl Jones voice since the mid 90s
>>
>>84343443
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Sloan_(born_1973)

This guy does a decent enough Vader and is their go-to if they can't get Jones.
>>
maybe it isnt about the money
>>
>>84344115
then why do all these spin-off connecting to the original trilogy which is cheapening them instead of something new and fresh
>>
>>84343443
Jones didn't even sound like Vader in Revenge of the Sith, let alone Rogue One.
>>
>>84343443
I haven't seen Rogue One, but I heard he wasn'tbthe main villain on it

Which is stupid, since they should use the more they could of him while James Earl Jones is still alive
>>
They don't need to use him more. Star Wars fans lost their minds over a 30 second scene in the boring Rogue One.
>>
File: 1498290159148.jpg (80KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1498290159148.jpg
80KB, 1080x1349px
>>84343443
Disney is too busy trying to push its new characters into the franchise (See Rogue One, The Force Awakens, etc.). All the previous movies featured Vader in some major capacity, so I imagine they want to lay off the Skywalkers a bit.
>>
>>84344115
good one.

Disney is in it for the art.
>>
File: Naboo.gif (418KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
Naboo.gif
418KB, 500x209px
>>84344115
>not about the money
Disney wants to milk this franchise for all the money it's worth, and you know it
>>
File: Kylo Ren.png (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.png
73KB, 600x600px
>>84346370
>But he was cutin up rebels and shit anon! It totally makes the movie worth watching, and isn't just fan service!
>>
>>84346122
Jones has forgotten how to do the Vader voice. I had to sit through to the end and check the credits to make sure it wasn't an impersonator.
>>
>>84343532
KEK, he sucks. Sounds like a Saturday morning kids cartoon voice actor. Fucking stupid.
>>
>>84348393
He hasn't forgotten. 40 fucking years has passed. Dude is old. It's like those rock bands that still try to tour in their 70s. Their voices just can't do it anymore.
>>
File: mike.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>84343443

DEATH STAR
>>
>>84343443
It's worth noting that Disney actually doesn't own the distribution rights to the OT or PT (they will transfer from Fox in 2020), and will never get the rights to ANH, so they're probably holding off on that particular promotional blitz.
This is S.O.P. for the Mouse, btw. When Disney aquired Marvel, it got the rights to all the comics but only certain film options. It immediately started underproducing and undermarketing the comic lines for groups like the X-Men, Fantastic 4, and Spiderman (whose film rights belonged to other studios), while hyping and mass marketing the Avengers comics.
>>
>>84349517
>but only certain film options.
Thats because marvel had previously sold the rights to their flagship titles.
>>
>>84343443
If they destroy the aura of Vader it would lessen the Star Wars brand so it's probably a good thing they aren't using him more.
>>
>>84346122
It would have been far more stupid for Vader to have been the main villain in Rogue One because the Death Star is not his project. I'm totally up for another thing with Vader as the main villain but Rogue One was not the place to do it.
>>
>>84343443
>Are there people out there who can nail the Vader voice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx6BMxHs0G8

They've had people doing surprisingly good Vader impersonations in the video games for years. In this video the only questionable one is the X-Wing voice and that's one of the oldest.

I have to say it's amazing how much Matt Sloan sounds like James Earl Jones' Vader considering he's a chubby white guy.
>>
They basically need to stop using James Earl Jones. His Vader voice is no good anymore.
>>
>>84353205
>His Vader voice is no good anymore.
It made me feel really sad when you finally hear vader speak in rogue one. JEJ is getting old.
>>
>>84355240
I felt the same way. It took me out of the movie hearing how much worse his Vader voice has gotten.

Although I really wonder if being old is to blame. Mark Hamill is also old as fuck and his Joker voice is still as great as ever.
>>
>>84347402
>tfw this shot is more beautiful than anything in TFA
Lucas did nothing wrong
>>
>>84357776
>a shot with Neta-Lee Hershlag in it is beautiful
WHOA! STOP THE PRESSES!
>>
>>84353205
He sounded pretty serviceable in Rebels.

>>84357671
>Mark Hamill is also old as fuck and his Joker voice is still as great as ever.
No it's not, he sounds too raspy now. Compare Justice League Action to Return of the Joker and it's obvious it's degraded.
>>
>>84359034
That's because it wasn't him in Rebels.
>>
>>84359034
How about something more recent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wBqrx25JHc
>>
File: fresh.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
fresh.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>84359143
but it was
>>
>>84359349
Number one: In 1945, corporations paid 50 percent of federal taxes. Now they pay about 5 percent. Number two: in 1900, 90 percent of Americans were self-employed; now it’s about two percent.

It’s called consolidation. Strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals. With taxes, this can be done imperceptibly over time.
>>
>>84343532
Scott Lawrence was much better.
>>
>>84359449
https://youtu.be/b1lmpUUD4ho
>>
>>84359723
I always thought Kyle Katarn was one of the coolest Star Wars names ever.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.