[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to hate A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, but after hearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
I used to hate A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, but after hearing Jordan Peterson talk about Pinocchio I've completely turned around on it. It's like Kubrick understood every jungian and freudian implication behind the original Pinocchio story, and combined it with modern theories about free will and determinism vs free will (the materialist viewpoint saying all humans are just biological robots) and wove an incredible fable out of all this complex philosophical underbelly.

I'd love to hear him talk about The Tree Of Life.
>>
File: C7DRogiWwAEXgT6.jpg (119KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C7DRogiWwAEXgT6.jpg
119KB, 1200x800px
>>
>>84337254
But....thats fucking basic, are we supposed to be impressed or this retard actually thought that IA was just a kiddie flick for dumb fags?
Did he even read the original novel trilogy?
>>
>>84337254
Also, here is Peterson on actually theories about artificial intelligence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aWI1jPbSlE

I dare say Peterson might be one of the few people who got what Kubrick and Spielberg were going for, yet I've never heard him talk about the movie. Sad!
>>
>>84337254
>every jungian and freudian implication

Let's be honest, you don't know what these things mean but you included them in your post to virtue signal
>>
>>84337297
What novel trilogy? Pinocchio was a single novel. Peterson talks about the original novel vs the movie in his lectures.
>>
>>84337347
Not really. Basically Pinocchio is a story about rebirth- from your old self that is controlled by outside forces, like a puppet, that goes through a series of adventures to being self-actualized- becoming an autonomous, self-animated figure. In the process the self saves the father figure from the belly of the whale- which represents the deepest darkest parts of your subconscious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YhVruKGkjs

The whale is an archetype- Campbell also wrote about it. The cricket represents religion and moral systems, and a primitive sense of right and wrong that must be interacted with in order to make it competent.
>>
>>84337363
Supertoys Last All Summer...nigga AI was based on a actual novels, that took inspiration on Pinocchio.
>>
>>84337283
Now what do you suppose he meant by this?
>>
>>84337474
No, Kubrick would always take a popular novel and transpose some work of myth into to, to the author's displeasure. The Shining was turned into the Minosaur.

>“Stanley wanted to put the Carlo Collodi’s Pinocchio story in synchronocity with Brian Aldiss’ story of David, Monica and Henry. As a matter of fact, Brian Aldiss called me when he found out that I was in the picture to beg me to drop the entire Pinocchio idea. He said, ‘Pinocchio’s one story and my story is another. You should make my story and not Pinocchio’s story.’ And I explained to him that I was really making Stanley’s story at this point.”

Aldiss said he didn't understand the similarity between his story about an android named David and a story about a wooden puppet who wants to be a real boy. He kept trying to take out the changes Stanley made, like David wanting to become human. That wasn't in the movie. Aldiss didn't get it.
>>
>>84337254
Peterson said the part about pleasure island is the perfect portrayal of how fascism works to enslave the populace he's ever seen in a movie.

when he said that I remembered a letter to the editor kubrick wrote that I never understood, about clockwork orange. He said the film's thesis:

>"warns against the new psychedelic fascism -- the eye-popping, multimedia, quadrasonic, drug-oriented conditioning of human beings by other beings -- which many believe will usher in the forfeiture of human citizenship and the beginning of zombiedom."

In a way Clockwork is the opposite number of AI- it's about a human animal who becomes a robot, a puppet.
>>
>>84337254
Most people who opine publicly on AI don't know much about it. They understand it through fictional narratives written by people who also don't know much about it.

Rob Ager is the only film critic I know of who spoke reasonably on the subject. And he doesn't know much about it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyrUC0biqTA
>>
>>84337467

>>trying this hard to make your Bachelor of Arts feel worth it
>>
>>84337347
>virtue signal

Please let this be bait
>>
>>84338017
You're talking about the concept of artificial intelligence rather than the movie. Did you watch the clip of Peterson talking about ai in the concepts?

actually, some of sam harris's writings on ai I quite liked, even thought I find him overall too materialist.
>>
>>84338041
I'm an accountant with a data analysis degree. :) i've never been to a single humanities or liberal arts course in my entire education. i just read shit, nigguh.
>>
>>84338071

I bet you think it's something on LIBRUHLS do don't you?
>>
AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING.
>>
>>84338124
>I'm an accountant

That's much worse
>>
>>84338017
He's got a decent grasp of the state of the art about twenty years ago. And i have to walk my statement back a bit. He does grasp the problems there.

I also like his statement on postmodernism.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.