[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of John Wayne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

What do you think of John Wayne?
>>
>>84328790
is that you, John Wayne?
>>
>>84328980
That'll be the day
>>
>>84328790
Unironically one of the best actors ever, just one of those guys I can always relate to, on and off the film. Sure, some his films suck, but even then the Duke kills it. He's also the symbol of an era.
>inbf libfags with their slander
>>
never heard of him/her
>>
>>84328790
He's charismatic as hell, but also super underrated as an actor. He doesn't hold a candle to Mifune in terms of acting range/ability, but I believe his screen presence is unmatched. "The Man That Shot Liberty Valance" and "The Quiet Man" are two of my favorites.
>>
>>84329995
is True Grit good?
>>
>>84328980
WHO SAID THAT
>>
>>84328790

Clint Eastwood > the Duke >Marlon Brando
>>
>>84330322
Both versions are pure shit, but Wayne saves the original
>>
>>84330663
What are some good Wayne movies to watch? I've seen Stagecoach, The Searchers, Red River and gonna watch Rio Bravo soon
>>
>>84331095
Rio Grande, Liberty Vallance, The Shootist, even True Grit, but it is inferior to these
>>
>>84331143
He have any that are absolutely not worth watching?
>>
File: John Ford.jpg (39KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
John Ford.jpg
39KB, 500x504px
>Strode recounted that Ford "kept needling Duke about his failure to make it as a football player", comparing him to Strode (a former NFL running back), whom he pronounced "a real football player". (Wayne's football career at USC had been curtailed by injuries.) He also ridiculed Wayne for failing to enlist during World War II, during which Ford filmed a series of widely praised combat documentaries for the Office of Strategic Services, and was wounded at the Battle of Midway,[8] and Stewart served with distinction as a bomber pilot. "How rich did you get while Jimmy was risking his life?" he demanded.
>>
>>84331186
Nope if it has the Duke, itbis worth a watch
>>
>>84331226
Jimmy Stewart was John Wayne, but with sensibility
>>
>>84331095
Rio Bravo's a hell of a good movie. Simple, but as Tarantino aptly describes, one of the best 'hangout' movies, where you really feel like you get to be pals w/ the cast.
>>
Never understood why people say he is the All American hero. I mean, in most of his films the other characters seem to dislike him, specislly women, regading himmas a brute, savage killer
>>
Fort Apache, w/ Wayne and Fonda is on (the excellent) TCM app now, FYI, i have yet to see it.
>>
>>84331337
>Jimmy Stewart was John Wayne

Jimmy Stewart is the highest-ranking actor in military history and the lead actor of the most acclaimed film of all time - it's insulting the man gets compared to Wayne just because they were both republicans.
>>
How do his war movies hold up against his westerns?
>>
My grandfather loves him. Even has a life-size cardboard cutout of him somewhere. More of an Eastwood guy myself.
>>
generally enjoy his westerns. Liberty Valance is GOAT. loved Shootist back in the day as well, but i haven't seen it in years.
>>
>>84331571
You are wise. Clint is better, and makes great films too. John is from another age

>tfw we will never see an epic western with Wayne, Eastwood, Stewart, Van Cleef, Wallach, Fonda, Bronson, Coburn, Cooper, Marvin and Elliot together
>>
>>84331638
>Liberty Valance is GOAT. loved Shootist back in the day as well
This. Liberty Vallance is the best Classic Western. The Shootist is the best Swan Song of an actor

after Gran Torino... Clint just can't help it being better than the Duke
>>
>>84328790
Still wondering why he played genghis khan that one time
>>
>>84331708
>Clint is better
said the pleb who needs violence, hammy acting, and one-dimensional characters
>>
>>84331785
>somehow, John Wayne films don't have violence nor hammy acting
The fuck have you been smoking, son?

And none of them has one dimentional characters
>>
Cozy movies to watch with your dad. The Sons of Katie Elder is pure kino.
>>
>>84330322
It's okay. Not terrible. He's great in it.
>>
File: the hell he was.jpg (39KB, 454x245px) Image search: [Google]
the hell he was.jpg
39KB, 454x245px
he was a fag
>>
>>84332751
The hell he was!!!
>>
>>84331368
you don't see yet :^) ?
>>
>>84331095
The Cowboys is pretty good.
>>
>>84332751
what movie is this?
>>
>>84334177
repo man
>>
>>84331226
Goddamn John Ford was an animal.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.