[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Accountant Sequel Moving Forward; Original Director Returning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

>The Accountant, which was released last October, now has a sequel in the works. The film, directed by Gavin O’Connor, is a thriller starring Ben Affleck as a small-town accountant with high-functioning autism who runs a lucrative sideline doing accounting work for various international criminal organizations – work that leads to a whole lot of fighting and killing. The film had a nontraditional, very complicated structure, full of flashbacks to the title character’s childhood and earlier life, as well as an investigation led by J.K. Simmons’ federal agent and a potential romance between Affleck and Anna Kendrick.

>The film, despite mixed reviews, earned a North American box office total of $86.3 million, a number that more than doubled when international box office was factored in. So now, audiences should get ready for another visit to The Accountant universe.

>A sequel to The Accountant is moving forward at Warner Bros. As reported by Deadline, Affleck, O’Connor and screenwriter Bill Dubuque are all in talks to return, along with producers Lynette Howell Taylor and Mark Williams. Jon Bernthal, who had a supporting role in The Accountant, may be back as well, although there’s no word on whether Kendrick, J.K. Simmons, Alison Wright, or any other cast members from the first film would be returning. A continuing Accountant series will give Affleck two continuing franchises at Warner Bros. simultaneously, along with his role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the DCEU.

Sequels no one wanted general?
>>
>>84323965
>no one
Speak for yourself son
>>
>>84323965
This pleases me. I enjoyed the first one.
>>
>>84323965
id watch a sequel. it was a decent movie and i watch it when it comes on HBO. too bad for live by night. had no idea dennis lehan wrote a sequel to live by night
>>
I liked the first one, maybe they will do more with Bernthal this time.
>>
>>84323965
>Bernthal
I really liked him in the movie, OP can go fuck himself off the edge
>>
Was it autism?
>>
>>84323965
>He didn't like the Accountant
Does /tv/ just not like testosterone fueled films you can turn your brain off to?

I mean I don't love them, but I like films like that.
>>
Really liked the first one. It reminded me of the 80/90s action thrillers, almost in the same vein as John Wick (although I didn't like JW2 all that much)
>>
I saw this movie but remember nothing about it
>>
>>84323965
I enjoyed the autist

I might even watch 2 in kino
>>
>>84323965
the autistic shall inherit the earth
>>
was ratfu autistic as well?
>>
literally the only thing i didn't like about the accountant were the fucking epilepsy inducing flashing scenes

i don't even have epilepsy and i felt sick after that
>>
>>84325337
no, just ugly
>>
>>84323965
>Sequels no one wanted
Fuck off the first one was Affleckino.
>>
>>84325449

Why did he sit on him?
>>
>>84325504
Having balls on your face tends to demoralize men.
>>
>>84323965
>AU Batman
>>
>>84323965
FUUUUUCK YEAH!

More squirrelfu, too?
>>
>>84325449
I loved this entire scene just so fucking much,
>>
Better have Anna again or else!
>>
File: file.png (920KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
920KB, 1000x1500px
>>84323965
how do you go to that from this
>>
The first one was meh
>>
File: punani.jpg (22KB, 256x381px) Image search: [Google]
punani.jpg
22KB, 256x381px
>>84325449
Why did they give Steven Seagal a split second cameo?
>>
>>84325449
Hol up. Wasn't beard man one of the Russian Mafia henchmen in the nightclub in John Wick?
>>
File: ak.gif (941KB, 259x266px) Image search: [Google]
ak.gif
941KB, 259x266px
first one was actually bretty gud so I'm pleased.

Kendrick and Affleck hooking up is kinda funny for both age and size reasons though
>>
I would only watch this if he went into autistic rants about the differences between debits and credits while beating people up.
>>
>>84323965
I'm surprised no one turned the accounting scene into a meme. It seemed perfect for that format.

Good movie, not so sure it needed a sequel given how contrived the plot was.
>>
>>84323965

I WANT MORE AUTIST OPERATOR KINO
>>
>>84323965
>Sequels no one wanted general?

FUCK. OFF. ANON.

I was grining ear to ear after that ending and was hopping tgey make a sequel. It was unirinically the best super hero flick of the year
>>
File: 1498321753986.gif (495KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1498321753986.gif
495KB, 500x375px
>an action movie that isn't capeshit or star wars is getting a sequel
Did someone get their hands on a monkey's paw? I really enjoyed this movie, but this is sort of unprecedented.
I hope they bring Bernthal back. He was fantastic.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.