[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Dark Tower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

I saw a trailer and finally figured out how he ejects the spent cartridges, he just tilts his gun back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoL-b4Ov_Oo
Also, what do you think of this?
>>
>>84322621
I don't get it, are you just learning how a revolver works or what?
>>
Why does my asshole twitch whenever I see him?
>>
>>84322939
Revolvers have ejector rods, dummy.
>>
>>84322621
Oh my, this actor looks just like clint eastwood
Could be fucking twins, really
>>
>>84322621
>That reload
Pretty badass. Although I'm sure I saw that in an anime. Maybe trigun or grenadier
>>
>>84323241
This is AU Roland. Notice he has the horn but not the hat? This is one of this trips around the Tower that AREN'T the one in the books.
>>
>>84323539
He didn't have the hat to begin with either, retard.
>>
File: outlawjoseywalesrevolverprop.jpg (12KB, 500x196px) Image search: [Google]
outlawjoseywalesrevolverprop.jpg
12KB, 500x196px
>>84323072
Yes, but not this one.
>>
how do I get into the black tower?
books or graphic novels?
>>
>Yea so what's this lone gunslinger over there called
>They call him Tower. Dark Tower
>>
>>84323669
He absolutely had the hat, assbag. Go re-read it and come back when you comprehend the words on the page.
>>
>>84323539
The alternate trips should start in the desert with him following the man in black, what happened before that is still the same
>>
>>84323795
Meaning he doesn't suddenly turn into idris elba
>>
Why the fuck is he running around modern day cities? Why is the evil one a white guy and the saint a black guy again? Like it's becoming some sort of ritual in movies and tv shows these days.
>>
are these books worth reading
>>
>>84323739
Yes, but it doesn't have cartridges to eject, unlike the one in the film.
>>84323780
>The Gunslinger Page 5
>"His hat was gone. So was the horn he had once carried; gone for years. that horn, spilled from the hand of a dying friend, he missed them both.
Again, retard.
>>
>>84323864
And yet he has the hat again in The Wastelands. Cry moar, aspie.
>>
>>84323905
Then it's not the same hat, assbag.
>>
>>84323844
The characters are interesting, the story is fucking awful. It's pretty much like Stephen King wrote a fan-fiction of all his stories cramming them into one series. The characters team up and pretty much hop from book to book meeting characters that don't really fit into the series, but because Stephen King once wrote a book with them in it, they're shoved into the story.

Like the main badguy is the badbuy from The Stand, Randall Flagg. It also throws in other books like Insomnia and Salem's Lot. Another bad guy is a talking train the gets confused by riddles or something. Stephen King wrote himself in the series as a character. They go meet him AS HE'S WRITING THE BOOKS.
>>
>>84323844
only the first 3
>>
>>84324174
>randall flagg

ugh. i got 3/4th of the way through the stand before dropping it. everyone kept saying it's his best book but i just hated it
>>
>>84324174
Don't forget Dr Doom and Harry Potter snitches shown up, and a Pennywise rip off.
>>
>>84324308
Wasn't it implied that IT is basically the Crimson King's son/daughter/whatever?
>>
>>84324462
They're both spider-like things.
Maybe they're cousins or something.
>>
>>84324269
The characters I think are interesting, but the series just reads like horrible fanfic. It would be like if I wrote a book series where Loki from the MCU was the main villain. So the hero is Captain Picard he goes through portals from dimension to dimension where he assembles a team of Jules from Pulp Fiction, Kevin from Home Alone, and Alfred Pennyworth. Along the way they battle Patrick Batemen, get unexpected help from Optimus Prime and Cyclops and learn and very important lesson about tolerance from Donnie Darko and Captain Jack Sparrow.

I swear to fucking God this is what reading the Dark Tower felt like to me.
>>
>INSIDER INFO

Elba hates guns so he insisted on having the trigger removed from all guns he handles in the film. CGI people had to create CGI triggers and proper CGI finger movement.
>>
>>84324952

>INSIDER INFO

Elba hates opening his eyes so he insisted on having his closed eyes removed from all shots in the film. CGI people had to create CGI eyes and proper CGI eye movement.
>>
>>84325380
Yeah that's an awesome meme and all but check out OP's video from 1:20 to 1:23. No triggers.
>>
>>84323744
>how do I use internet
>how can I figure out whether to read the books or read the books
>>
>>84323828
They've achieved equality without having to adhere to the same standards as white people, why change now?
>>
>>84324462
Nothing is confirmed but we can always speculate. All we know about It is it's very old and not from Earth. During the shamanistic "spirit battle" the kids see It arrive in prehistoric Derry, probably millions of years ago like a fucking meteor.

Crimson King appears human, but then there's Mordred who's clearly spider-like. It would suggest at the least King is not fond of spiders.
>>
>>84325775
Probably a prop gun to make spinning easier.

I can't imagine he's such an aspie he insisted on special props.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>its a sci fi nerd film
>the hero is a cowboy gunslinger... the last of his kind
>the bad guy is called 'the man in black'
>>
>>84324211

THIS.
>>
>>84326166
As a person who knows revolvers. The triggers are the only reason you can spin the revolvers.
>>
>>84322621
I have read the whole set of books a number of times and I like Idris Elba. This trailer however is utter shit. Did they let the director read the books?
>>
>>84325380

And this nigger wants to play Bond?
>>
File: Roland.jpg (12KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
Roland.jpg
12KB, 300x248px
>>84322621
Just bollocks
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.