[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It Comes at Night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

holy shit guys this movie was great. so many questions to be asked!!!

Who opened the door? What did the dog (and Travis in the dream) see? Why did Will lie about his brother? Did he know the two people that Paul shot? Are Travis's parents also sick?

Not since Cache and Mulholland Drive has a movie's narrative intrigued me more, this is a really great movie guys. The cinematography, tone, and acting are all stellar.

Yet another A24 win
>>
Hello OP. I will bump your thread even though it will die anyway. Ye it is a good movie, definitely a pleb filter. Everyone in the theatre i was at hated it and loudly voiced their displeasure with the ending. I liked it though.

>Who opened the door?
travis
>What did the dog see
it
>Why did will lie about his brother
personal gain
>Did he know the people Paul shot?
Never clearly answered but doesn't really seem like it, otherwise he wouldn't have argued against shooting them because they would've made it clear to Paul that they were with him and then Paul would've killed will as well.
>Are Travis' parents also sick?
Yes, everyone is
>>
>>84318808
I think that Travis had something to do with opening yhe door because he wanted to get his dog who was obviously attached to. As for what they saw, I can only imagine. Perhaps something more dark and distorted than what his grandfather had become in his dreams. I think Will lied about his brother because it sold better, after all, Paul wanted him to convince him. Will could've known the two men, and had been using his actions (beating the man) as a cover. Also he wanted Paul to spare them, they could've both played the part in not knowing each other while Paul kept him alive and found a way to take them over. But since he shot him, the idea may have seemed pointless as they were outmanned and in need of a new group. As for Travis' parents being sick, it looked like his mothers eyes were beginning to turn black; if that was the case, it stands to reason that the dad is too. So that would explain the final scene of them sitting in silence. It was all for nothing.

Tl;dr
Travis. A more mutated and hideous version of what the grandpa was in his dreams. To seem legit. It's likely. Yes.
Imo
>>
>>84318808

Who opened the door? The kid I think

What did the dog (and Travis in the dream) see?
Probably an infected way off in the distance

Why did Will lie about his brother?
No, I think that was a red herring for the audience

Did he know the two people that Paul shot?
Again, I'm thinking misdirection

Are Travis's parents also sick?
At the end yes
>>
>>84321308
not OP but I don't think there is an "it." The "it" is, for lack of a better term, the evil in the hearts of men.

As for what the dog saw, probably nothing, Dogs gonna dog, man.
>>
DUDE AMBIGUOUS ENDINGS LMAO
DUDE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS LMAO
DUDE PLOTHOLES LMAO
DUDE INTERRACIAL COUPLES LMAO
DUDE DREAM SEQUENCES LMAO
>>
>>84321439
Looks like another pleb got caught in the filter.
>>
File: 1451154644590.png (284KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1451154644590.png
284KB, 736x736px
>It Comes at Night
>>
I CUM AT NIGHT
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA
pls laugh
>>
>>84321439
This is one of the few times an interracial couple in a modern film didn't feel forced. There wasn't any awkward "FUCK WHITEY" bullshit.
>>
>>84321439
are there any "plotholes" in this movie?

The interracial aspect meant nothing to the storyline. at all. You could've replace them with any racial combination and it would've been the same movie and furthermore they all gave great performances so it doesn't matter
>>
TRAVIS DIDN'T OPEN THE DOOR
HE DIDN'T GO GET THE DOG
HE DIDN'T DO IT IN A SLEEPWALK
HE THOUGHT HIS DAD OPENED THE DOOR INITIALLY
ARGUING THAT TRAVIS SEEING THE OPEN DOOR AND THEN RUNNING AWAY STARTLED AT THE NOISE WAS HIS PRETENDING OR NOT REMEMBERING WHAT HE DID IS FUCKING DUUUUUUUMB

If you try and say "No but look at the frame size when the kid is in the woods at night I'll smack ur stupid shit"

As for what the dog saw, could've been an infected or a non infected, not expanding on it builds on the whole fear of the unknown thing but fuck just show me something

Bottom line, the director didn't know how to explain it but it makes u question everything and refuels the untrust leading to the climax, but it makes no fucking sense

How did the dog get back? Why was it back but like disemboweled? What was up with the noise Travis heard when he got to the red door? Sure didn't sound like a dog.
Why would will be loud as fuck smashing shit when he could be breaking into someones house?

These are all questions that make the movie make less sense but the director really wants you to believe he's super clever so hell just say "those are dumb unimportant questions, stop nitpicking"

Movie was an 7.5/10, all that being so tense about seeing a monster and all we get is the same grandpa in dream sequences? Thank God I didnt see the trailer, otherwise I would have seen everything the movie had to show

As for what the dog saw?
Doesn't matter, how the dog got back into the house, that does matter and no one can give a non retarded answer like "Travis ran into the woods at night and somehow found the dog and then brought it back"
>>
>>84321746
Name 4 examples of forced interracial romances
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.