[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

Thoughts?
>>
Fun
>>
only slasher I like along with psycho
>>
Kino
>>
>>84309376
1, 3 and the first remake are pretty good
>>
>>84309376
Friday the 13th is better.
>>
>>84309574
Jason himself is kino but like, those movies really are pretty bad and poorly made
>>
the ending is retarded
that's why I like dream warriors more
at least it makes sense
>>
dream master has the best ost of any horror movie
>>
is there a name for the type of mouth nancy has?
it's very cute and sexy
>>
>>84309543
>first remake
Are there more than just one?
>>
>>84311561
not in this timeline
>>
>>84311265
it made me wish there were action figures
>>
>>84311561
I assume he means New Nightmare
>>
>>84311561
No. There was a tv show though. It was okay, but more like Tales from the Crypt with Freddy as the Cryptkeeper than a proper Freddy show.
>>
>>84311593
a neca figure of alice would be great
>>
>>84311627
only one I haven't seen
is it good?
>>
>>84311685
It's always had a fairly good reputation but I personally was never a big for of it.

It's a meta movie, basically proto-Scream - it's set in the 'real' world about the cast of a new Nightmare movie being made, where Freddy becomes real and haunts to director and acts of the first movie
>>
>>84311685
It's the best after the original. Some people even think it's better. It's not a sequel though, it's more of a "what if Freddy was real in the real world" kinda movie.
>>
>>84311774
>>84311794
But doesn't that kind of defeats the purpouse of a movie?
Saying that it's not real and that's just a movie?
If the movie tells us movies are just movies then the movie we are seeing is also just a movie so how is that scary?
>>
Thoughts?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw
>>
>>84311863
You have autism. That's cool. Speak, I will listen.
>>
>>84311863
Holy jump in logic, Batman!

It only tells us that the old NOES movies are fake, not that ALL movies including New Nightmare are fake.
>>
>>84311685

It's garbage.

Watch it anyway and formulate your own opinion because the idea is, at least, interesting.

Only two people die.
>>
it's kino
>>
>>84311946
>>84311899
no, bare with me here
the movie tells use that the freddy of NOES is not real right?
cause it's just a movie
but new nightmare is also just a movie so what's the point of the real freddy in new nightmare?
>>
>>84312084
You have SEVERE autism. That's less cool. I will just stop listening to you.
>>
>>84312084
The point is that New Nightmare is supposed to be real life, not a movie. The actors are playing themselves. It's Heather playing Heather who used to play Nancy.

There is a New Nightmare movie in the New Nightmare movie about Freddy coming to the real world but that's a movie and the actual movie is supposed to be real life.
>>
Just watch it and all will be made clear. It's a pretty good supernatural movie. Not so much a quippy slasher, but it's good anyway. It's pretty creepy compared to the shlock that came after the original.
>>
>>84312244
Fuck, post was meant for >>84312084
>>
6 = Among the best movies ever made
5 = Amazing / Superb
4 = Great
3 = Good
2 = Ok/Meh
1 = Bad
0 = Horrible

> Original
> Revenge
high 2
> Warriors
> Master
> Child
> Dead
> New Nightmare
> Fred vs Jason
low 4
> 2010
>>
>>84314288
dead better than child???
>>
>>84314348
Yeah Dead was tolerably fun and had decently likable characters, I recall Child to be insufferable.
>>
>>84314386
watch it again
only bad thing about child is the ending with the kid
the whole dead is cringe
>>
Good
>>
>>84312084
No the plot of New Nightmare is that Wes Craven's popular movie version of Freddy was actually based on a much darker Freddy from his nightmares and is now trying to enter the real world.
>>
>>84309376
I think the second one gets more flack than it deserves. The characters and plot were actually pretty interesting, and I think it has Freddy at his scariest before he went over to almost pure comedy.

Then again, I'm a Friday the 13th person primarily, so I'm not used to killers who talk the entire time.
>>
>>84309376
More kino than Friday the 13th but less comfy.
>>
>>84316154
Got to give 2 some respect for making a sequel to a popular teen horror movie a metaphor for homosexuality in the 80s
>>
>>84309376
It is ok, but there are many movies more worth watching, like the Godfather, 12 Angry Men, Witness for the Prosecution...
>>
>>84316154
>make a sequel for a movie about a character that kills in your dreams having him not killing in his dreams
yeah no
>>
>>84309376
A horror movie classic.
>>
>>84316259
>When you ask a friend if Hellboy is any good, you're not asking if it's any good compared to Mystic River, you're asking if it's any good compared to The Punisher. And my answer would be, on a scale of one to four, if Superman is four, then Hellboy is three and The Punisher is two. In the same way, if American Beauty gets four stars, then The United States of Leland clocks in at about two.

-Roger Ebert
>>
File: 1476453803027.gif (976KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1476453803027.gif
976KB, 400x225px
>>84316154
>>84316198
Agreed.
Plus the Pool massacre is among the best scenes in the franchise & Kim Myers was cute as fuck and almost as good a female lead as Nancy.
>>
File: Michael Myers 2.jpg (60KB, 630x317px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Myers 2.jpg
60KB, 630x317px
>>84311265
I see your Dream Master and raise you the Halloween 2 soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I19xgC1xHA
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.