[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could they have done this right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

How could they have done this right?
>>
Cut the humans completely. It legitimately jumps to an 8 or 9 out of 10 without the bullshit plastic props or the acting so hammy that it makes pigs cringe.
>>
more cgi and more shitty dialogue
>>
>>84309103
MORE CORRUPTION
>>
>>84309132
>>84309149
This.

It could have been amazing but the shitty cgi combined with even shittier live action hybrid killed it.

The main orc was great
>>
>>84309103
Not have floating Dalaran.
>>
>>84309103
By letting The Fat Hairy Duke have more control. The movie failed because Blizzard thinks they can actually write.
>>
>>84309103
>the movie where CGIs have better acting than live actors
>>
File: 1475527631726.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1475527631726.gif
1MB, 250x233px
Maybe follow the story of the first game more tightly instead changing it with stupid shit.
>>
>>84309268
Didn't even show the sacking of Stormwind, what a waste.
>>
>>84309103
Make it all CGI and actually follow the story from the game.
>>
Make it a two or three parter so you don't have to cram all that crap in a single 2 and a 1/2 hour shitfest, warcraft's lore is very rich and extensive, this was just a blended boiled version of half the lore
>>
>>84309342
Warcraft lore is also incredibly autistic and littered with different writers with different concepts and changes based on whatever era of comic book Metzen is currently reading.

Do you honestly think there is enough room even for two films to explain why Medivh became evil?
>>
File: Lastguardian.jpg (62KB, 340x542px) Image search: [Google]
Lastguardian.jpg
62KB, 340x542px
Stick to the book
>>
File: 3e0.png (510KB, 770x789px) Image search: [Google]
3e0.png
510KB, 770x789px
>>84309103
There is no need to improve this kino. Daily reminder Warcraft is one of the most effective pleb filters.

You have to go back now...
>>
>>84309103
Arthas
>>
>>84309103
Not possible. The source material is awful and this is an honest adaptation.
>>
>>84309103
>>84309890
This, if they had skipped the boring parts and skipped straight to arthas it would have been much better, they maybe could've then did this movie as a prequel
>>
Make the prop design less plastic in appearance, either makes the orcs practical or the humans cgi too.

And make it a mini-series instead of trying to cram hours of vidya story into 1.5-2 hours.
>>
Just make it all fan service about the different classes. 10 minutes of fan service for every class and then end the movie.

Like holy shit, the only actual in-game spell used in the movie was polymorph.
>>
adapt reign of chaos and frozen throne into a hbo series instead
>>
>profited over 100 mil

it was perfect
>>
>>84310288

I would watch this.
>>
>>84309906
>Honest adaptation
>Medivh is Gorona's dad and not her lover.

If the bullshit with the dark portal chronology wasn't already distorted enough.

>>84309943
Too late, you can't do a "heroic prince gets convinced by dark and icy forces into becoming the king of the undead" without looking like game of thrones.
>>
Honestly, I didn't hate it, but there were a few things they could have touched up on to bring the movie up a few points

>go full CGI
I don't know who at Blizzard thought hiring Ragnar Lothbrok would be cheaper and/or better than just animating the humans, but that person needs to be shot. We all KNOW Blizzard can do amazing CGI, so why bother with all the hammy humans?

>focus on fewer characters
I as a Warcraft nerd know a lot of the names of the people in this movie. But trying to focus on so many different orcs and humans spread them all out too thin. Two maybe three characters would have been enough.

>no guns
It was a silly idea in the movie and made very little sense lore-wise. The traditional Stormwind footman had a shield and a sword. No little firearm on the side.

>better action scenes
Most of them were choppy, blurry, poorly-lit catastrophes. I don't blame the movie as much as I blame the entire industry for this though, but as it has been proven before, when you fix this issue things tend to look a lot better.

Fix these things and the movie goes from 5/10 to at least 8/10 right there.
>>
>>84310422
Thank god no one but yourself takes your opinion seriously, did you even watch the film?
The action parts were brilliant, all very brightly lit and not blurry at all, maybe you were watching them without your glasses on?
>>
>>84310500

Yeah, and thank God they'll never get to make another movie huh? The action scene in the forest was so dark and poorly edited I could barely tell what was going on at all. And I was not the only one to report this.

You can disagree all you want, but I watched this movie in cinemas with the normie capeshit-eating audience. And if the move couldn't satisfy such an infinitely easy crowd on silly action scenes, this is legitimate criticism.
>>
>>84310553
I watched it yesterday and those sequences were fine, they're standing outside at daytime with the classic blue perfect Warcraft sky. Nothing was blurry.
>>
>>84310422
>I as a Warcraft nerd

Please kys
>>
>>84310616
He's not, he's a yelp reviewer.
>>
>>84310601

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Maybe those are the standards you set for your action scenes, but I've seen far better ones in movie with far tinier budget than this one and there exists no excuse for it beyond incompetence.
>>
>>84310616
>>84310629

Oh no, don't hurt my feelings on 4chan guys! How ever will I recover?
>>
>>84309800
This. Movie was such shit because they tried to do Rise of the Horde mashed with Last Guardian and it didn't work.
>>
File: Choga.jpg (63KB, 740x415px) Image search: [Google]
Choga.jpg
63KB, 740x415px
Which two shall play Cho Gull in the sequal /tv/?
>>
>>84310636
Show me two examples of people who agree with you and say that the forest action scene is too dark and blurry, those criticism specifically.
Because you're talking out your ass lad, watching yesterday with a friend who doesn't know Warcraft the action scenes were the most fun for him, big orcs crushing soldiers with warhammers, horses being thrown around. Good fun.
>>
>>84310678
Mila Kunis and Emma Stone
>>
>>84310685

Are you seriously implying I'm going to go out of my way to prove anything to you on a Dutch weight-lifting pamphlet?

Would you like me to phone up the people I saw the movie with months ago so they can sign a written agreement with timestamp and upload the picture on here for you? You can either take my word for what I say or not matey, no skin off my back either way.

All I know is that me and three of my friends are not going to see the sequel that's never going to come out, and part of the reason for that was shitty action scenes.
>>
>>84310802
Oh so you're talking out your ass then, you could've just said that instead of acting like a fagget.
>>
>>84310832

Whatever helps you and your dead """franchise""" sleep at night fanboy.
>>
>>84310854
Gosh you're a real upset little fagget.
>>
I just hate how they changed the ending. I dont know how they plan to make a sequel if Stormwind isnt destroyed because Stormwinds destruction is the entire reason Tides of Darkness even happens
>>
>>84310895
Dalaran getting wrecked by Archimonde, Kel'Thuzad and Arthas is a big reason why the city floats too lel.
>>
>>84309103
140 mins of draenei lesbian sex
>>
>>84309103
>go to Ironforge which looks amazing
>leave 2 minutes later and never return

Why did they do this?
>>
>>84309103
Just made it a two hour cinematic.
>>
done more with the theme of wanting to do what's best for your people.

They give the bad guy this depth at the beginning where he uses his power to revive a still-born orc baby, then the rest of the movie his only motivation is "muh fell"
>>
File: Akama_portrait.jpg (25KB, 172x185px) Image search: [Google]
Akama_portrait.jpg
25KB, 172x185px
>>84311060
Ok, but it's Warcraft 3 Draenei
>>
File: 1498215248659.jpg (39KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
1498215248659.jpg
39KB, 600x510px
Arthas movie soon
>>
>>84309103
FUCKING STICK TO THE LORE.

How fucking hard is it?
>lothar having a kid
>durotan already dead
>orgrim not killing blackhand
>dalaran already floating
>garona becoming hero of the orcs
jesus fucking christ
>>
I thought it was pretty good honestly.

Yeah the humans looked a bit dorky, but you have to realise that as soon as you make it full-CGI you lose a TON of the audience that refuse to watch "cartoons".

Also they had to streamline the convoluted lore, anyone that claims to be annoyed by the changes is literally autistic.
>>
>>84311060
work on this theme, but change the details to passionate heterosexual consensual night elf lovemaking and I seriously think we might have something
>>
>>84309103
make Lothar the sole protagonist. cut out Durotan's part.

humans the good guys.
orcs and wizard friendo the bad guys.
>>
>>84311351
>How fucking hard is it?

Pretty hard for WoWfags when they didn't play previous Warcraft titles

>>84311694
>streamline

Except they literally didn't. They just reduced the scale.
>>
Fucked up from the start by making it a Warcraft movie instead of a World of Warcraft movie. You have a chance to put druids on film and you skip it and just put a bunch of orcs and dudes with armor instead? Dumb.

Anyway all the sequels will be made for China and released elsewhere only so they can pretend they are big American Hollywood movies. It's not going to get better.
>>
make it a netflix series.
>>
File: MoPcinematicart.jpg (763KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MoPcinematicart.jpg
763KB, 1920x1200px
>>84309132
>>84309173
This. Humans in Warcraft look like pic related. Actually humans juxtaposed with Warcraft style orcs and dwarves look completely out of place.

That and not fucked around so much with the story when they don't have any better ideas other than SJW nu-warcraft shit
>>
>>84309103
not joking, make the orcs less human speaking more like they do in the games. Make garona pull a Thor to human society, 20% more easter eggs. Add some humor to serious lore points
>>
Rewatched it recently , some things I noticed.
>They don't explain the green orcs very clearly
>A lot of the speech isnt very clear
>After a while the orcs in the cg scene kinda blend together/gets confusing
>no explanation on GulDan
These were my complaints and I played the games, my friend who watched it was annoyed that they seemed to be walking when they should've been running, after they find the fel in the corpse.
>>
Let's face it, Arthas would have been better.

But still, warcraft lore is too deep for a simple normie tier movie, to explain the arthas story, you'd have to explain who the burning legion were, then who sargeras, kil'jaeden, and archimonde are, and then illidan, and why he was hiding from the burning legion in outland, and then outland and so on and so forth.

Way too much info for the average normoid to process
>>
>>84310500
>action parts were brilliant
What? The fucking battle scenes were god awful. And this is a movie based on an RTS. It wa sjust a group of like 5 humans flailing around in seas of CGI orcs
>>
>>84312593
You're one of those people that didn't just click next and actually read all that crap aren't you
You absolute madman
>>
>>84309103
Make it simpler, gritter and focused on fewer characters. Have it follow just Lothar and Orgrim on either side. Kill Durotan early on for going against Gul'dan and have that as Orgrims motivation for assasinating Blackhand in the end. Medivh and Khadgar only needs to be a side-plot. You can cut Garona completely
>>
>>84312593
Warcraft lore is not very deep. Just messy. Post-WoW that is. If they adapted Warcraft 1 just using the available lore that existed back then the movie would be better
>>
>>84309103
Expounded more on Gul'dan serving the Legion and Medievh being possessed by Sargeras. Just a little intro piece like in Lord of the Rings would have sufficed.
>>
>>84309103
should have started with a smaller story
like the story of thrall or something
>>
Getting an actual cast, LotR could do without a-list actors because they had good material. warcraft is based on LotR and warhammer lore, which blizzard hobbled together into this monstrosity, that only manchildren and autist like, it does not have the authenticity of LotR nor the depth and variety that warhammer does.
>>
>>84309166
Metzen pls go away, you are retired now, enjoy your free time and coke
>>
>>84309103
Keep doing that they're doing. Never skip any story at all whereas the climaxes would be Warcraft III > Illidan subplots > Warcraft III Frozen Throne anything after WotLK is non canon.
>>
>Adapt a videogame
>Change the plot
WHY
>>
File: wowmovie.png (670KB, 752x624px) Image search: [Google]
wowmovie.png
670KB, 752x624px
They didn't realise you're supposed to bribe reviewers like Marvel does. It was a solid movie and absolutely did not deserve the reviews it got. If reviews had been fair the public opinion would have been 10% higher too
>>
>>84314501
>It was a solid movie
kys
>>
>>84309103
By actually caring about the original product and not completely butcher the lore.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.